It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
big influx , looks like a candidate for a panorama

It does.

(click for full size)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

good seeing the rest of the monkey hasn't taken anything from the illusion ,stands out . or squats , like a monkey taking a dump in the desolates* of Mars

quite a few oddities in the bigger picture
nice Panorama

funbox

edit on 16-7-2015 by funbox because: gmajor

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If it was a snake, it woulda bit ya.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

it would have if the rest of it hadn't been flattened wafer thin ,

legging it ,just in case Martian venom infect the hydraulics *insert benny hill music here*

funbox

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
quite a few oddities in the bigger picture

Can you spot the dog?
Where can i download the file?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Drazzl

from this set

1033 mast

funbox

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I found a little Martian sand lizard that has just eaten a huge cricket. Or the cricket thing is his home which he uses to cunningly await his prey.
Or it is a few rocks. Cool though.

Cute lizard linky

Bet it has already been found but I searched quite a bit, these are some long threads in here.

I took this off a gigapan here but linked the Nasa link as well.

Gigapan

edit on 18-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

looks like the bastard child of Godzilla and one of the sluggy genus,, great find

funbox

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

There is even a chicken drumstick on there somewhere lol. They must be munching like kings!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

did you notice the odd figures in the lower left hand corner ? almost adult sibling like, a mere impression

also a circular looking shadow in the upper right centre, seems out of place-ish

far left middle something ...would have to image it , no really explainable

funbox

edit on 18-7-2015 by funbox because: delivery

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

I had seen the far left one but I thought it was my computer screen or an artefact from the colouring, these are false colours right? I don't actually know lol, but if they aren't then those bluish tones seem odd.
The hole I just thought shadow what do you think? The area is full of interesting things for sure!

Here is the chicken drumstick!!! And just for good measure there is a spanner below and to the left a little.

Gigapan sol 1033

They are at the bottom of the gigapan about 4/5 of the way to the right. Can't find the nasa pic.

edit on 18-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

raw jpgs , unprocessed and un white balanced

best spanner ive seen so far

that chicken drumstick looks as if its two materials ..interesting

itll be in mast 1033 somewhere but it doesn't look like a stitching artefact

funbox

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I found a little Martian sand lizard that has just eaten a huge cricket. Or the cricket thing is his home which he uses to cunningly await his prey.
Or it is a few rocks. Cool though.

Cute lizard linky

Bet it has already been found but I searched quite a bit, these are some long threads in here.

I took this off a gigapan here but linked the Nasa link as well.

Gigapan

that cricket thing just a tiny bit above and to the right of the center of the picture contains structure that I haven't seen in Mars pictures before. Has anyone seen that kind of thing, and symmetrical to boot. Great find, thanks.
edit on 18-7-2015 by Aleister because: directions

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

It certainly stood out to me as at least not the most common type of rock. It almost appears to be hollow so of course, because I haven't got a geological bone in my body I thought pupa type thingy.
Anyway, glad I could find something of interest for you guys, you have had me fascinated since the old thread.
You chaps all do stellar work.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It certainly stood out to me as at least not the most common type of rock. It almost appears to be hollow so of course, because I haven't got a geological bone in my body I thought pupa type thingy.
Anyway, glad I could find something of interest for you guys, you have had me fascinated since the old thread.
You chaps all do stellar work.

Tis an odd duck, this. Upon seeing this some geologists will point and swoon, a few will retroactively retire to become recluses, others shall find religion in a bottle. With this find you are doing stellar work.

Check out the structure on this thing. Then there is the shadow that indicates it is raised above the surface in "front". Are there other rocks involved in creating the "cricket" object in the image, or is it all one structure?

edit on 19-7-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I had seen the far left one but I thought it was my computer screen or an artefact from the colouring, these are false colours right? I don't actually know lol, but if they aren't then those bluish tones seem odd.

No, no false colours, the colours are as true as those from any common digital camera. What bluish tones are you talking about?

The hole I just thought shadow what do you think? The area is full of interesting things for sure!

I don't understand what's the problem (if any) with the hole, could you explain what you mean? Thanks in advance.

They are at the bottom of the gigapan about 4/5 of the way to the right. Can't find the nasa pic.

This one?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

No, no false colours, the colours are as true as those from any common digital camera. What bluish tones are you talking about?

the sky ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hey Aleister, the "cricket" does seem to be free of the surface doesn't it? It was the apparent structure that caught my eye. Once again, not having an idea of geology I wouldn't have an idea how it could be created but I am sure that if any rockhound ever gets to see it they will come to the correct conclusions. Even if they have to have a drink for an hour, they may thank us in the end lol.
Maybe some air bubbles in lava or something? Or some type of fossilised plant life, that would be seriously cool.
Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Hello ArMaP, may I thank you for your gigapans which I have enjoyed tremendously.

The bluish tones are what my eyes perceive the image from the blow up, that Funbox made of the object in the far left of the picture, to have. To me it seems to have bluish banding, but as mentioned, I think it might be my computer.

I don't understand what's the problem (if any) with the hole, could you explain what you mean? Thanks in advance.

There is absolutely no problem with the hole, as I mentioned, I thought it was just a shadow anyway. The comment about interesting was related to the whole gigapan and not just that capture.

This one?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thank you, I couldn't seem to find that one.

What is, if any, your opinion on how this structure could have been formed?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 19-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: information error

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Maybe this will help.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join