It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (2015)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

so which part of the link would you think , hypothetically, any adjustments to the photos are made?

hypothetically

funbox

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Life yes or no ?
Present or past ?
Complex or simple ?

Life yes
Present and past
Complex, Marsamals, Insectoid and flying. Mineral eating surface dwellers, some undergrounders likely more complex even intelligent, underground caverns with water pools.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

The only part of that workflow that I think may be used to add some processing to the images is just before publishing them, as I don't think that work can be done by machines.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Life yes or no ?
Present or past ?
Complex or simple ?

Life yes
Present and past
Complex, Marsamals, Insectoid and flying. Mineral eating surface dwellers, some undergrounders likely more complex even intelligent, underground caverns with water pools.

Now you're talking

Was there a particular clincher for you ?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Life yes or no ?
Present or past ?
Complex or simple ?

Life yes
Present and past

Now you're talking

Was there a particular clincher for you ?

I believe many pictures have actually shown life forms we simply can't get a good enough look to verify. I have seen sections with fossils and Blueshift and others have shown many shell like objects, many spirals. Thanks to our gifted enlargers we can see these are real. The signs of present water are everywhere.

One section I am very convinced holds the remains of a broken sculpture, if I had the talent I could put the pieces together. There are numerous areas with rectangular patterns that could be old walls of buildings. They look very like ancient earth ruins.

I feel very sure there is life on Mars and I doubt this is still unknown. The way I see many people respond when they think there could be alien life anywhere convinces me that they may not be wrong in withholding from the general public, people are so ingrained in their religious need and they are scared so easily. Scared people act very strangely.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

One section I am very convinced holds the remains of a broken sculpture, if I had the talent I could put the pieces together.

Are we perhaps thinking of the same one...Sol 120 ? Shaler outcrop ?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: Char-Lee

One section I am very convinced holds the remains of a broken sculpture, if I had the talent I could put the pieces together.

Are we perhaps thinking of the same one...Sol 120 ? Shaler outcrop ?

Very likely
unfortunately my memory is not as good as your and my files are a mess! i did save tons of stuff but so unorganized!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

so, in you're understanding the images are compressed on the rover , to a size conducive to meet bandwidth demands, then once they arrive here on earth they then are scrutinized before being uploaded ?

I suppose someone has to check that everything sits, within the currently acceptable paradigms

potentially two junctures to shenanigans then , thanks for helping clarify the entry points

although I think a suitably placed satellite in orbit of earth would also maybe a potential changing point...

thrice the charm eh

funbox

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
so, in you're understanding the images are compressed on the rover , to a size conducive to meet bandwidth demands, then once they arrive here on earth they then are scrutinized before being uploaded ?

I think that once they arrive here on Earth they may be scrutinized before being uploaded.

although I think a suitably placed satellite in orbit of earth would also maybe a potential changing point...

Satellites orbiting Earth to receive communications from Mars would be a bad way of using them, as the satellites orbiting Mars and even the rover itself communicate directly to the ground stations of NASA's Deep Space Network.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Satellites orbiting Earth to receive communications from Mars would be a bad way of using them, as the satellites orbiting Mars and even the rover itself communicate directly to the ground stations of NASA's Deep Space Network

why's that then ?, I would have thought that using sat to sat communications would give more windows of data transference then a fixed earth based dish. mars sat to earth sat ...over ?

funbox
edit on 24-5-2015 by funbox because: box45g

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

You can do it, but you should open it in "ats skunk works" or they are gonna close it.

And more writing:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'm so bad enhacing photos, but try:

thats the letters i could read in the inferior part:

And this is the superior part:

edit on 24-5-2015 by Clonevandal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

why's that then ?, I would have thought that using sat to sat communications would give more windows of data transference then a fixed earth based dish. mars sat to earth sat ...over ?

They have ground stations around Earth some 120º from each other, so there's always one station visible from any place in the Solar system. Also, as ground stations can have much bigger antennas (the biggest have a diameter of 70 metres) than any Earth orbiting satellite, making it easier to catch the communications from any mission.

PS: ESA, Russia, China and India have similar systems.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

so if that's the case , why are we viewing such compressed images, if earth ground based dishes have 24/7 communication with mars sats , where lies this bandwidth shortage ? their should be no excuses for memory storage given the size/weight capacity of storage media

funbox

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think that something a bit more sudden than erosion caused this to happen. I could be wrong.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I don't think so, I think water would be enough to create those formations.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

so if that's the case , why are we viewing such compressed images, if earth ground based dishes have 24/7 communication with mars sats , where lies this bandwidth shortage ?

But the amount of time for communication between the rover and the satellites orbiting Mars is only 8 minutes each day, during which they can send between 100 and 250 Mbits of data (according to this page), and that includes all the commands sent to the rover and the technical data sent by the rover.

their should be no excuses for memory storage given the size/weight capacity of storage media

The computer has 2GB of flash memory, so, although it allows for many photos, they have to send them to Earth or risk running out of space.

edit on 25/5/2015 by ArMaP because: Mbits, not MB.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The computer has 2GB of flash memory, so, although it allows for many photos, they have to send them to Earth or risk running out of space.

no doubt, next you're going to tell me that the reasons for this are the extreme temperature inversions on mars ,getting a a higher capacity storage device to operate in such conditions was beyond their means.

im having one of those rubber on the tyres moments again

do you ever get dejavu ArMaP, or are we trying for all permutations of this discussion ?

funbox

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

no doubt, next you're going to tell me that the reasons for this are the extreme temperature inversions on mars ,getting a a higher capacity storage device to operate in such conditions was beyond their means.

I don't know the reasons, so I'm not going to do that.

What I do know is that special electronics resistant to large changes in temperature and stronger radiation is not as easy to get as normal memory, the CPU boards for the computers, for example, cost around US$200,000 each, so I suppose those 2 GB of flash memory didn't cost the same as an USB drive of the same size we can get on any store.

I don't really know if that was a constraint for the whole project or not.

im having one of those rubber on the tyres moments again

I don't have the slightest idea of what that means.

do you ever get dejavu ArMaP, or are we trying for all permutations of this discussion ?

I'm only answering your questions, if you stop asking I will stop answering.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What I do know is that special electronics resistant to large changes in temperature and stronger radiation is not as easy to get as normal memory, the CPU boards for the computers, for example, cost around US$200,000 each, so I suppose those 2 GB of flash memory didn't cost the same as an USB drive of the same size we can get on any store.

indeed , bespoke design with glaring flaws ,considering the amount of money and an awareness to the peripherals that were supplying information to the motherboard, considering the expected data sizes and throughput , you would imagine that they would have been more a bit more Rothchild , as to the size of the flash memory .

long term storage not a viability for some reason ?

I just don't see how they arrived at this point in time with so many restrictions.

funbox

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
fossilized beak ? adjoining skull ? an attack from Perry?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

funbox

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Broken off claw. Very small.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join