It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Global Warming Tax Kicks In As Snow Blankets Ground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
People should be turning that snow into potable water as fast they can for when they run out, though its probably too polluted if its in Kalifornia, ah well, good luck.

CALIFORNIA UBER ALLES!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I just don't understand how people go along voting tax increases on themselves for things like this.

Maybe they don't want the world destroyed? Not everyone is a small minded, immature, ass you know.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I wouldn't bother ats is full of people who only care fir themselves and refuse to accept science.
The screw you jack I'm doing fine attitude is vwry much alive on ats.
They just don't care for future generations.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
I just don't understand how people go along voting tax increases on themselves for things like this.

People who can afford a car vote on it, people who want public transit to improve vote on it.
The carbon tax in most cities is used for mass transit, which means people who NEED a car to get to work and such benefit, and people want to take public transit and maybe just get rid of a car all together can do so.

There is more to the story than just the earth's health here, it's an over all full scale attack on our carbon foot print.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Maybe they don't want the world destroyed? Not everyone is a small minded, immature, ass you know.

(^ eyes popping out of my head or puppy dog eyes you make thinking of Obama?)

Amazing posts in such a few short words.

More money going to California's "save the planet" tax isn't slowing down China from building a coal plant every week.

Please, take more of my money to save the planet.

There? Does that make me an open-minded, mature, proper thinking elitist now?

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Cabin
a reply to: xuenchen

I personally agree with gasoline taxes. Money is something that makes people think what they do. If the costs are too high, they think twice before doing something.

I personally am sickened by people who use car for a trip less than a couple of miles... Round here, the public transport is working very well. Free-of-charge, pretty much the same time as using a car, bus-stop every 200 meters, buses go every 10 minutes or even more often, yet there are too many, who just out of comfort use their car, as the 1-mile walk is too much. Absurdity in my eyes.

You live in what most people call a "city"
I live in what people call a "rural" area.
No public transit, no bike paths.
Not using a car around here is not feasible.

Not to mention, I should be free to choose what ever mode of transportation I wish. Who are you or anyone else to tell me when or how I use my personal mode of transportation? How am I supposed to carry groceries for a family of 5 on a friggin' bus? Believe me, if I could ride a bike or walk to work, I would. Not because I want to save the polar bears from drowning, but because I want to save MY money.
That's what it's all about. Money. They are adding tax at the pump because the prices have come down. They are not getting as much tax money so they raise the rate. Same thing happened when everyone was supposed to use hybrids/electric, etc. People listened and fuel consumption started going down. Guess what? So did tax revenue. So let's raise it. You just can't win. Either way, government is going to get their grubby hands on our money.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

More money going to California's "save the planet" tax isn't slowing down China from building a coal plant every week.

China is also the leader when it comes to developing green energy. Right now they lead the world in the amount of energy made by renewable resources like solar they also lead the world in investing in even more renewable energy sources. So your China is building a coal plant every week is without merit.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

but but but

China has been praised recently for its investments in renewable energy. And the credit is well deserved as China's commitment to renewables dwarfs that of the U.S. and other industrialized countries. From 2010 to 2012 alone, China’s renewable electricity growth was double that of the U.S., and it is continuing to grow.

But all the accolades are distracting us from the reality that fossil fuels dominate China’s energy landscape, as they do in virtually every other country. Today, fossil fuels account for 87 percent of all energy used in China. And the focus on renewables also hides the fact that China’s reliance upon coal is predicted to keep growing.

China’s Growing Coal Use Is World’s Growing Problem

boying ing ing

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thanks for identifying one of the strange effects the changes in heat distribution due to warming are creating. This has only been recently identified as the cause for 'blocking' weather patterns in the Northern Hemisphere.
New Scientist: Crazy weather traced to Arctic's impact on jet stream
It's own summary
"Sticky weather: the normal gentle curve of the jet stream is forced into becoming steeper and slower, causing hot or cold weather to "stick" for longer periods than normal"

Thanks for identifying the foresight of Californian Legislators who recognised that the global - nor localised - warming of the planet would cause changes in heat dispersal and unforseen consequences. Currently you are experiencing the effects of a globally warmer planet = the jetstream has slowed and you are experiencing an unusually prolonged cold spell. The frightening aspect of this is that with continued warming, these may become more intense and more prolonged. Conversely, heatwaves will also increase in intensity and duration.

We should be proud that they will be recognised as the first to make a serious impact on Climate changing emissions.

Before we think the planet is limitless and we can pump the exhaust from 100 million barrels a day into the atmosphere without consequence, proportionately, the layer of atmosphere surrounding earth where most complex life forms live is thinner than the skin on an apple.
Well done California, and thanks for starting a thread about their momentous and forward thinking legislation.
I congratulate you on this.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Right in the middle of a snow storm comes the latest tax connected to global warming.

Man that's ironic huh! Everybody knows random snowstorms disprove the big global warming hoax. The important thing is we all keep our attention laser-focused on these cherry picked little anecdotes and pay no mind to the bigger picture.

2014 Was California's Hottest Year On Record -- By Far

Deny ignorance ATS!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
gas is actually cheaper than it has been in years actually. if you see LA with your own eyes you will believe in man made global warming. the smog is so dense you can actually taste it. also a day or two of snow doesn't disprove global warming.
edit on 10-1-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHA. BAHAH *gasp* HEEEEHHEEEE

the irony is hilarious

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
gas is actually cheaper than it has been in years actually. if you see LA with your own eyes you will believe in man made global warming. the smog is so dense you can actually taste it. also a day or two of snow doesn't disprove global warming.

And a big part of the reason gas is cheaper is because the crooked oil cartels are finally experiencing the pressure of actual competition from alternative energy sources. A carbon tax is primarily designed to make those alternative energy sources more competitive with the old establishment.

But again, don't pay attention to any of that stuff that actually makes sense - just focus on rhetoric and hyperbole and FOX News and snowstorms.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

its all about money, isn't it friend? greed is plague. the world needs more compassion

top topics

<< 1   >>

join