It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover First ‘Virological Penicillin’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Scientists Discover First ‘Virological Penicillin’

Pretty big news if you ask me. There are many working cures that exist for all types of ailments either through conventional practices or natural medicine. How effective and how dangerous each may be for you is where the risk is involved. This method for dealing with influenza has been used by the the Chinese for ages.

Honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) is a well-known Chinese herb. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, it has been used to effectively treat influenza infection for centuries.

Several previous studies have confirmed that the herb, usually consumed in the form of a tea, can suppress the replication of influenza virus.

Honeysuckle-encoded atypical microRNA2911 directly targets influenza A viruses

Our results demonstrate that MIR2911 is the first active component identified in Traditional Chinese Medicine to directly target various IAVs and may represent a novel type of natural product that effectively suppresses viral infection.

Tell me, why do thousands of people have to die each year, while others get to sip on their tea? Money and quite possibly eugenics. Controlling the health of a nation is a power to behold. Far too many handouts, not enough responsibility. Many rely on a system without mutual benefit. Just a cycle that repeats itself while they erode back into dust.

There were 1,110 reported deaths due to influenza between September 30th and October 8th alone during 2014. That's insane when you compare the average yearly deaths in Canada due to influenza.

Source

Last year in Canada, less than 350 adults and 50 children died from influenza and only 40 deaths have been reported during the time the graph was published. I'm not sure if its up to date.

Even taking into account that Canada's population is ten times smaller than the US's, multiplying Canada's deaths by ten would come to around 3500 deaths per year while America managed to achieved half that amount in eight days. Let me know if my math is wrong.

Source

A team of researchers headed by Dr. Chen-Yu Zhang of Nanjing University in China has identified MIR2911 (honeysuckle-encoded atypical microRNA2911) as the first active component directly targeting various influenza viruses, including the swine flu H1N1, highly pathogenic avian H5N1 and H7N9 infections.

Good, everybody can now take a deep breath and relax. Honeysuckle tea sounds delicious and belongs in your collection. As always, results will vary. Its strange how some body types don't react to treatments that work well for others. Maybe it's placebo. I tend to heal most ailments with diet and herbs but choose not to discredit conventional medicine in any way. Proceed with caution.

“We suggest that as the first natural product to directly target influenza A viruses, MIR2911 is the ‘virological penicillin’ that serves as a novel therapeutic and preventive agent against not only influenza A, but potentially also other types of viruses.”

Most natural remedies usually don't hurt to try but you should always seek correct medical advise and treatment when necessary. But until you try it yourself, don't always go discounting anything until there is sound research. At least stay open minded.

The proper, wise balancing of one's whole life may depend upon the feasibilty of a cup of tea at an unusual hour. - Arnold Bennett

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Now I just have to figure out where I can buy this stuff on a Sunday. Great Info! S&F! I wanted to try something different to get rid of this damned flu.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Maybe this will help...

It 'cures' flu – but where can you buy honeysuckle tea?

Unsurprisingly, Amazon's grocery department told The Telegraph sales surged 264 per cent in just 24 hours after the health benefits of honeysuckle tea were disclosed.

Wow, I didn't realize how popular it was already. Let us know if you get your hands on some.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Maybe this will help...

It 'cures' flu – but where can you buy honeysuckle tea?

Unsurprisingly, Amazon's grocery department told The Telegraph sales surged 264 per cent in just 24 hours after the health benefits of honeysuckle tea were disclosed.

Wow, I didn't realize how popular it was already. Let us know if you get your hands on some.

I will and I will let you know the results. I am trying a couple of Chinese herbal shops in the area first before I hit Amazon. I doubt this kind of tea is available in conventional grocery stores, but if it is I expect any rna is baked out of it first. Can't be competing with big pharma now LOL. Thanks again for the info!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It looks like the original article is from the Cell Research section of nature.com.

Are they a reputable source for scientific news?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

I would assume so as all the references and results are stated within the article. Looking into these as I am a pharmacy student at the moment and wouldn't mind bringing this up in class discussions this semester

Edit: Along with this, I don't agree with the over-prescribed antibiotics and constant pushing of flu shots now-a-days for various reasons. Just a quick article I found on the subject.
www.cdc.gov...

edit on 3-1-2015 by KoMPLeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

It looks like the original article is from the Cell Research section of nature.com.

Are they a reputable source for scientific news?

I would say so. It's just way more in depth sometimes than the average readers comprehension level. Good journalists are still required to make the average reader understand. Must be why it's so easy so sway public opinion when no one researches enough to make one that's worth anything. Science dictates life mostly and we all know they don't want us in control of that! Do you own research and safely conduct your own experiments if you can.

Having a paper (article or letter) published in Nature or any Nature publication such as Nature chemistry or Nature chemical biology is very prestigious, and the papers are often highly cited, which can lead to promotions, grant funding, and attention from the mainstream media. Because of these positive feedback effects, competition among scientists to publish in high-level journals like Nature and its closest competitor, Science, can be very fierce. Nature '​s impact factor, a measure of how many citations a journal generates in other works, was 42.351 in 2013 (as measured by Thomson ISI), among the highest of any science journal.

Link

edit on 3-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

........ Far too many handouts, not enough responsibility.

t

Are you referring to individual handouts or corporate hand outs?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My wife is really into essential oils...I wonder if the honeysuckle essential oil could be used, or if has to be made from the hole of the flower/plant itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
My wife is really into essential oils...I wonder if the honeysuckle essential oil could be used, or if has to be made from the hole of the flower/plant itself.

Honeysuckle oil will work great if not better as the active medicinal compounds are isolated and standardized. Tea will produce the same effect but with slightly more variables to overcome.

Just make sure it's "essential" and not "fragrance" oil. Organic pharmaceutical grade is best if you can find it.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to be nit-picky, but if this is true, it would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My wife wouldn't buy anything else

top topics

join