It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want the TRUTH about Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

How they treat women is an abomination. It's the human rights elephant in the room that nobody wants to address.

In many Muslim nations women have the same rights as men even more rights than women here in America have. Muslims nations have had female heads of state something America has yet to do because most men here don't think a woman is tough enough to do the job.

In terms of how they treat women, it's delusional to simply state "Islam is just like any other religion..." It's not.

Yes it is just like you have some in Islam that do treat their women badly you have people of other religions that treat their women the same way. I have known Christians that treat their wives like servants because the bible says that the wife should be submissive to their husbands. Michele Bachmann even said the reason why she became a lawyer is because her husband told her to become one and as a good Christian she is supposed to obey her husband.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jainine

I want the TRUTH about Islam

The truth is that it's called a religion now, but it really was a political/military takeover of land based on a religious fabrication. Muhammad was a caravan thief who became a war lord, taking over vast areas of land and murdering those who opposed him. He did it all by claiming to have visions from Allah. He gave no proof of the supposed visions ( which were really just poorly regurgitated Christian and Jewish stories).

You can say the same thing about Judaism. There is no proof of David or any other important figures in that religion having received any messages from God that told them to go out and slaughter other people for their lands. When the Hebrews took over a land if they didn't keep you as a slave then you were dead they killed every man woman and child.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Greetings and Salutations, Guten Morgen; As-selamu Alaykum -

Although not great for an intraweb chat spot, but "polite conversation" never includes the topics of sex, politics™ or religion™. Ironic that 2 out of the 3 are 'patriarchal' in nature.. hmmm.

In my bestest monotone voice "It'll never work" This is one of these things that You'll have to delve in for YourSelf, You'll be getting what Islam™ means to whomever answers You and that 'may' differ from another.. This is especially true when whomever is relaying the info did NOT do the work themSelf. Like getting a Chris†ian's view who has NEVER read The Bible™.. Each of these folks are getting The Word, used or second handed. i.e. "It is because Pastor Gary said...."
"The Imam told Me..."

See for YourSelf and when it reads/acts like Chris†ainity™ and Judaism™ You'll KNOW why they continue to fight over the Temple Mount, they are fighting their own Self...

namaste

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
You can say the same thing about Judaism.

VERY TRUE. The stories about Joshua for example. He is a textbook case of a terrorist if ever there was one. But since this thread was about Islam, I just stuck to talking about how Muhammad was a religious fraud and easily debunked. If you start a new thread about fraud and terrorism in the founding of Judaism, I'll join in.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Priests molesting children was not born out of any catholic teachings that were interpreted to mean that priests should have sex with kids.
a reply to: Jamie1 I agree to a certain point but would add that because of RCC Clerical celibacy led to the infractions against children .en.wikipedia.org... which is not biblical .

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

The truth about Islam..? I know a few Islam people... muslims and they are kind and friendly people. I do not know how such a family functions from the inside but if it is like the outside I should say...nothing wrong about it ...at all.

But because muslims are people aswell there must be sociop[aths among them too. Bad apples which can give the entire basket a bad smell...

But general speaking... can't you just say.. what you see and hear is what you get? Personaly I do not think so. One reason is that the MSM is not to be trusted anymore. If DOD, CIA, NSA... or what ever secret society headquarters want the public to belief a certain story all the msm newsagencies will come with the same lines.... I noticed especially in breaking news moments.

Second.. because like most other religions there are groups with an other intrepetation of the belief. And there you go...

No,... it is one big uncontrolled big mess where certain dominant muslim figures live with a grudge against an other group and try to find emotional release with pressing their demands on them. And while at it twisting the words of the holy koran their way... IF you can find enough people supporting this way of twisting the words you suddently have a new branch of the faith.

Just thinking out loud..

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Muhammad was said to have been an illiterate man.

That's all I need to know. It explains why he couldn't tolerate any other religion and expected his followers to kill those who didn't conform to his teachings. Illiterate people act like children who have a narrow perspective on life. They don't have the ability to analyze or evaluate what is being taught to them. Why a mass of people would follow and believe someone who was known to be illiterate is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Chilled out? Muslims are in perpetual conflict with the world around them, look at Europe, look at India, Thailand, China. The list goes on. Muslims are involved in the vast majority of active conflicts in the world today. And if it's not an active war they're waging, it's a silent cultural war.

Islam never was and still isn't a "religion of peace", whatever that means, it's just a tired old mantra pushed by politically correct muslim apologists. Which religion does not have admirable qualities? Which religion does not speak of peace? And why should the most belligerent religion on Earth claim such a prestigious title, especially when competing with religions such as Buddhism and Taoism?

Look at the fruits, not at what they pretend at.

Sure the US has waged unfair wars and demonized muslims unfairly, but look at the behaviour of muslims in Europe, look at their barbaric cultures, their violent and bigotted ways, their views on women.

I see a lot of Americans that are anti-establishment types and recognise the underlying agenda behind the US led wars of aggression but it's not reasonable to recognise that and take a 180 degree turn and all of a sudden pretend that Islam is a "religion of peace". And if you wanna call it that give me a rational explanation why.

People wanna say that it's just a "tiny minority" of extremists, but is this really true? Have you seen the statistics of the views of people in Middle Eastern nations? There are huge blocks of people with extremist views. They're essentially still medieval in their ways.

wikiislam.net...

Then there's the people that want to absolve Islam of all its sins by pointing their fingers at Christianity which isn't even reasonable in the first place. But even if it was, they mainly talk about the past history of Christianity. Yeah, the Crusades happened, Christians massacred people left and right, but guess what, that was hundreds of years ago. There are some Christian terrorists sure, but they're a tiny blip on the radar. The Westboro Baptist Church is pretty much the pinnacle of Christian bigotry and they're not out there killing people.

Really, you just have to look at the fruits of the religion, what has it brought to the world? Mostly death and destruction and that continuous reign of terror that has swept the world for over a thousand years probably wasn't just invented by US propagandists.
edit on 3-1-2015 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here in UK, three days after Christmas a muslim called ansar mohammed tweeted that Christians should show consideration for other faiths and take down their decorations and trees. mohammed is considered one of the voices of "moderatioon". The western world is doomed.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

She was 6. They believe in fiction and are compelled to do stupid #. Kinda like all religions.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
they are known as sexist male controlled religious buffs

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What I'm looking for is a Muslim to tell me what THEY know about their religion. What they were raised to believe. I know there is alot of hatred these days for those that follow Islam. Its sad that there are extremists that really give the religion a bad name; but all religions have those extremists as well. Look at the atrocities done in the past in the name of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Go to the source to learn. Where is everyone getting their information? Its foolish to make an opinion of something having only been presented with one side. Its even more foolish when you are not even studying the source.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Datadayne

Thats exactly what I plan on doing

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
apparently 44% are nuts and the rest are HOSTAGES to the nuts as a result of the UNITED STATES not KNOWING how to fight an idea but continuing to do so.
The poor JOIN the nuts without any thing ELSE to do AND the US is a great target as the monitary pukes are mistaken for all of AMERICA by the rest of the world.
The information was CHANNELED from ALLAH who could be ANYTHING. But so far the nuts control most of the cash as THEY are the most courrupted. SO their message would naturally trump humility and inclusive ideas for infidels.
The text they follow undermines it all by uthorizing a jihad with any and ALL ideas being acceptable.where as Chtistianity is a fragmented community of individuals pushing what THEY feel is the right message...usually WRONG too.
AS non believers we are not equals and need to be out of the way according to ALL mulims,THE US IS a decadent place and our leaders HAVE betrayed mankind.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Every religion has it faults but we all learn from our mistakes and move forward to develop a better society for humanity. Islam use to be a very open minded and intellectual society when it came to human development, they pretty much attributed a lot to today world but they have been moving backwards and still living in the stone age. Cutting off people heads and denying female education is not a way to progress.

Muslim inventions that changes the world
Source

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I read/studied the Koran on my last deployment. That does not make me an expert, just aware. It is different than the Bible in that the whole thing feels like Proverbs or Psalms or something. It is not linear. Studying the life of the Prophet helps understand it better too.

I never saw anything evil or wrong in any of God's message within. Of course there were elements not of faith but of culture. The Bible has lots of this too. I think this is where the haters get a lot of their ammunition against Islam and Christianity for that matter.

It's all there for anyone to partake and form their own picture. Asking someone else for a generalization, especially on a matter of faith, may leave you just as wanting as before.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: takers888

They still do .. take a look at Bahrain .. Malaysia and Indonesia .. Islamic countries that are tolerant . encourage learning and growth .. all three also are actively educating their people against extremism and militancy .. they arrest militants .. there have been arrests of IS recruiters .. financers .. and fighters .. but your western media wont tell you that because it goes against the propaganda that western governments and media have been feeding you people for years..
Women are also allowed to get educations .. work .. treated fairly ..

And now I return you all to your force fed narrowminded .. hateful.. propaganda fueled .. government sanctioned view of the world ..

Apologies Homer get rather fed up with people who have never actually been somewhere and lived among the people spouting the same old tired hate filled ignorant government propaganda ..
edit on 3/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Look at the atrocities done in the past in the name of Jesus.

Bold for emphasis by me.....the key words here 'in the past'....look at the atrocities done NOW in the name of Mohammed.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Well there are atrocities still being done in modern times by Christian fundamentalists, like bombing abortion clinics.
But thats not what I'm asking about. Like I said, extremism can be found in all religions.
What I'm talking about is a Muslim to tell me what he was taught, and why such propaganda is being said about his or her religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join