It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed at London New Year fireworks display

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR
Thanks for the post! I disagree that a few glances will tell you that this is a drone, I called my initial observations based on XP and known UFO examples.. This does indeed look like a UFO,but if the evidence suggests otherwise,of coarse that is where I will follow.MissBeck has provided some great avenues of enquiry, so I think that is needing further probing.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
MissBeck has provided some great avenues of enquiry, so I think that is needing further probing.

I don't think suggesting probing anything is a good idea in this forum!

Just joking of course.
Where are you based by the way? Doesn't say in your avatar. Not important to the thread, but just wondering.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No need to get smart lol
..there was a video posted just before your comment and it appears(I assume) to be filming the object in question and then switches view to the 'actual' drone camera,so was this filmed on the ground initially? Or is the whole clip from a drones camera? I just want to clear that one up.

I understand what your saying though about the rest, but first I am criticized for supporting the UFO notion and know I'm being too skeptical apparently? My suspicions are well founded And I am entitled to question this.For me to draw a conclusive opinion I need to iron out a few details I.e the question just asked,because if this footage was solely shot by a drone it is still displaying the object of interest,but if not then that changes things a tad,and as for the links provided? I need to get round to that.

Cheersa reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Turn it on its head? Given the surge of UFO sightings and suppression why not make drones displaying dazzling colors to muddy the waters? Thanks for stopping by maybe you should request a moderating position..a reply to: Psynic

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
a reply to: 0bserver1

that was one weird shaped 'Drone'... a doughnut shaped thing & not a winged missile or mini-predator styled thing

the lighting tended to make the 'drone' either a circular ring of differently colored pearls...or changing into a horseshoe shape, probably depending on the angle/trajectory of this odd shaped 'drone'

at least that's what my eyes see

Nicely put,good observation

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
lol thanks for stopping by CDT!!a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Haha yeah I have added a few unintentional puns in this thread
Yeah I'm in snowy Czech..I must get round to fixing my account, I have an avatar ready for upload and can't wait to add it...it's John Luc Picard smoking a ciggie lol
a reply to: MissBeck

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I also feel the duty to defend genuine potential captures of UFOs,as they are always explained away as drones,weather balloons, fart gas etc as there are a core of individuals on this site whose purpose is to suppress this info.

No one is suppressing anything. 95% of all UFO sightings are identifiable. And they are all either balloons, aircraft, drones, or other easily identifiable objects.

Take for instance this thread. The person in the video thinks he's really videoing a fleet of "shimmering" craft flying around above the city. However if you read through the thread, it's easy to see that what's being videoed is a flock of birds.

Something that may be unidentified to one person, may be easily identifiable to someone more experienced. It has nothing to do with suppression. Rather it has to do with knowledge and experience..

The first thing that always gets added is the mundane and I find that hard to accept given the suppression at hand.

A respectable UFO researcher will always rule out terrestrial craft or identifiable objects first before exclaiming "alien craft!". Unlike your quote here:

we need irifutable proof that this object in question is not a drone

That is backwards from the way science and research actually works. Science/research begins with a hypothesis to reach a conclusion to prove or disprove something. Your quote above is attempting to do it the exact opposite and claim that it's an alien craft first, and that it has to be proven that it's a drone.

If it looks like a drone and flies like a drone, then it's a drone. Just as the saying goes if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, then it's a duck.

Given the surge of UFO sightings

There's only a surge in UFO sightings due to a surge in people flying drones. Most fly drones as a hobby, some fly drones to spy, and even others make drones look like UFO's to fool the gullible.

All one has to do is peruse YouTube for a short time and see how many videos of drones there are with lights, lasers, and even crafted to look like saucer or other type of typical UFO craft.

Rest assured, if an alien spacecraft does hover over a major city, there will be photos and videos everywhere, and it will be all over every news station. You have to ask yourself why there aren't dozens or hundreds of pictures/videos of this alleged alien craft in your video?

Because most everyone knew that it was drones up above, not alien spacecraft observing. There's a reason why 95% of all UFO sighting are identifiable.

Don't get me wrong. I believe we are and have been visited. One only needs to take a look at my signature for that. But most other peoples' "UFO" is another more experienced and knowledgeable person's IFO.

On a final note, when you get a chance, you should take a moment to glance at this stickied thread here in the UFO forum. It will help in identifying objects in the sky:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
I think the lights on the drone were adjusted . And when turning the propeller speeds decline and the lights go out on either propellers that slow down or speed up more a technical implemented feature I guess ?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Could possibly be some sort of flying camera. I don't think its a UFO, its way too obvious its human made.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
It's okay if it's a drone. This doesn't mean ALL UFOs will be drones.

No but increasingly they will be reported as UFOs until people are more familiar with them.

Where's the floating cars and cities?

We're Living In the Future!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A bit late and I know a lot you already said it was a drone but... I went to a New Years concert here in the Miami downtown/bay area and I saw that very same green and red lights in the sky. It was pretty bright at the time so you could kinda see there was more to it than just the red and green lights, and there was also fireworks going on when I saw it. A lot of people looked up to see it too but I saw it really close since it flew over me twice and I'm pretty sure it was a drone for the fireworks since it was an event; it was on TV and even on a live stream.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

No need to get smart lol ..there was a video posted just before your comment and it appears(I assume) to be filming the object in question and then switches view to the 'actual' drone camera,so was this filmed on the ground initially? Or is the whole clip from a drones camera? I just want to clear that one up.

I understand what your saying though about the rest, but first I am criticized for supporting the UFO notion and know I'm being too skeptical apparently? My suspicions are well founded And I am entitled to question this.For me to draw a conclusive opinion I need to iron out a few details I.e the question just asked,because if this footage was solely shot by a drone it is still displaying the object of interest,but if not then that changes things a tad,and as for the links provided? I need to get round to that.

Looking through the comments, it doesn't appear that anyone has been criticizing you for supporting the "UFO notion". They are doing exactly what you asked for in the OP: giving their opinion on the nature of the craft you presented. However, it's apparent that you have decided this is footage of a real UFO, and the opinions you solicited simply do not agree with your assessment. Yes, you're entitled to question whatever you like, but the reverse is also true; when you invite people to give you feedback they are therefore entitled to question whatever they like as well.

I personally have experienced multiple UFO sightings and fully believe otherworldly beings coexist with us on this planet, but in this particular case there is overwhelming evidence pointing to this craft being a drone, nothing more. If you're asking the question "If this was footage from the drone then why is the drone itself in the footage being filmed at a distance?", then I can understand the confusion, but that is something that you can find the answer to by doing a little research. Someone even went to the trouble and provided the company contact info for you, but your response (paraphrasing here) was that you might check into it when you have time. I would conjecture that if you have the time to individually respond to each person on the thread, it's probably safe to say that you also have the time to send an email or make a phone call and ask if there was more than one drone flying that night that could have filmed another one in the distance or if the footage in the video was filmed by a person on the ground. Those are both viable (and likely) possibilities. I am quite sure that when you finally "get round to that" you'll find that sometimes (as in this case), the mundane really is just...well, mundane.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Drone with lights attached to it. I can foresee this mistaken identity issue repeating until the end of time.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
its a drone. nough said

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I must say that working in the media, I myself do know that many major cities have been using drones to capture firework displays. The City of Houston, for instance, has been doing this since last year. The usual flight pattern of said drones is to fly up in the midst of the lights to capture an aerial view. Try doing a search on YouTube and you'll see many different clips of fireworks, captured from drone cameras. Special permits are required to use these at public events—

On this note, I HAVE observed strange lights during fireworks and concerts at night— lights that are NOT drones. These types of light/firework displays do seem to interest various unidentified craft.

That being said: In my expert opinion, this clip does not show an unidentified craft.

Keep searching the skies— keep looking UP! So much going on that most people simply aren't aware of.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the comment MorrisM! I think you have summed it up Well with quite a balanced approach.

I have emailed both companies (incidentally) that Missbeck provided and I am waiting for a response to confirm what model of drone it was and if there happened to be more than just the one,It does seem that in this case it most likely it could be a drone,but just to satisfy my curiosity it would be interesting to see what they say.

Eyes on the skies indeed!

All the best!

a reply to: MorrisM

edit on 6-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the response, well as for Me having the time to get around to checking out the links I have just got round to that,there is no need to conjecture why I have Not had the time to do this,that's my business, thanks for pulling Me up on that
I just wanted to give this broader attention which was the main aim and I really appreciate the feedback btw.

I do recall declaring it was a UFO on first assessment and if you note I have never been set in that notion as the thread has progressed it is swaying more to wards a drone, as I said to MorrisM I would like to get some feedback from the company and I also need to check the comments to see if the video of this drone/object when being filmed inially was from another drone and if that was the case it is curious,I just want to be as thorough as can be.

Thanks again!

Take it easy!

a reply to: tigertatzen

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi bonez

Well,when I refer to suppression,I am suggesting that this phenomena seems to not be given the limelight it should,saying that the tide is turning..but to what means/agenda?

Yeah I see what your saying about identification and I do comply to the methods you have highlighted, but in this case I was going on the headline declaring UFO (and first observational impression) which I am surprised they put forward given that surely it would be common knowledge in the media that the BBC had a drone present?

I appreciate the thoughtful post btw,but I do not need a schooling in ID thanks but I will read it nonetheless.

As for the assumption of them being ET maybe you should look into crypto terrestrials, this is where the weight of evidence is leading.

Thanks again BoneZ much appreciated!a reply to: _BoneZ_

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that post..

a reply to: universale

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join