It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Going on the Mexican/U.S. Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Today I received two phone call from trucker friends. One trucker was located in Laredo, Tx. and the other in SanDiego, Ca.. They both state that the border and highway patrol are pulling over big rigs located close to the border. The trucker in California was stopped seven times by different law enforcement agencies. He said that his rig was throughly inspected inside an out. No explanation was forth coming from the law officials.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by flycatch]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
either looking for drugs, or expecting terrorists coming over form Mexico, I would guess the latter

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i doubt this is related, but.. a couple weeks ago, my step-dad - who drives for averitt express, was telling me about two diesel tankers and a tanker full of fertilizer were missing.. said it was all over the cb..
but..a hell of a combo to be missing.

wonder what's up with that?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wow, A Tanker truck full of Diesel fuel, and one missing of fertilizer. Why have we not heard this on any World news report??? It must be true, but keeping it quiet may be away of not alarming everyone. I see our Home land Security team is working well (Well Not)
It would be nice to know how long these trucks have been missing...

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a tanker of fertiliser could take out a city block if it was mixed with the right ingredients... imagine if they blew it on a gas station forcourt....BOOM

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I doubt it was diesel fuel and fertilizer they were looking for, since they went over the rigs inside and out. They wouldn't need more than 5 minutes to spot f&f.

My guess is that they were looking for something, alright. Something not so nice, like bio or nuclear parts.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Could be barrels or bags of fertilizer. But I think as many trailers as possible should be checked, stolen/missing ones or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
sobecky, Good insight!! It would be the ticket to make it eslewhere and bring it in, Now if this is the case, At least our Home land Security is working to some extent... I continue to hope so anyway... But really, is it to late for what might be already here? There is allot to be heard in the silence.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Could be drugs, terrorists, or even just illegal immigrants.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
They mentioned the missing Fertilzer tankers on CNN
as far as the State Police are concerned they are probably looking
for more Illegals before the get themselves killed crossing the border
in a truck...

geo

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This may not sound very sexy and conspiracy-ish, but, inasmuch as Mexican trucks have only recently been allowed to operate in the US under NAFTA (the anti-NAFTA folks were using concerns with safety to whip up anti-NAFTA feeling) what's probably happening is that a lot of trucks (both Mexican and American) are being checked for safety equipment being in operating condition.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Off_The_Street .... your info is good, but the one statment that tells me otherwise was this one...........

what's probably happening is that a lot of trucks (both Mexican and American) are being checked for safety equipment being in operating condition.

Okay then...
These Trucks were on the road for a long time not having inspections, what is it that warrents it to happen now....

Be it a concern to us in their current postion ... lends itself to a different thought.
Thanks for sharing that info.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
no, they aren't looking for safety equipment, unless they are stopped at the weigh stations. trucks like that are stopped for 2 reasons: illegal immigrants and drugs. i live in san antonio and very recently a large number of illegal immigrants died in a truck that was too hot and left cooking in the sun. they want to find them and send them back before they die here. also, very recently, a huge shipment of heroin, a huge shipment of cocain and a massive shipment of marajuana were confiscated. they are not looking for wmd's, they are not looking for arabs, they are not looking for diesel fuel and fertilizer. they don't have the manpower for that. they are looking for what their department is responsible for and that's all. that is how law enforcement works, they only do what they have to.

2 propane trucks were stolen recently here in TX also, but were found at the border, seems it was too suspicious to take them through the gates.

top topics

join