It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Woman Goes on Shooting Spree, Yet Somehow Isn't Automatically Killed By Police

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
i think there are many factors.
who if your life was on the line would you rather fight to the death with if you were forced too? A small white woman or a large black man? tv and music has much to do with the programming of peoples views and it is a fine line because i know very many scary looking people that would help a stranger way before a so called normal person would.

I don't know if you had a clear answer to my question, so I'll ask again.

Do you think race was a factor?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Nope. Go back through our discussion, your initial comment to me was based on the idea that I thought it was interesting that I see the same white people declaring that nothing is ever about race. Where do these people get their information that nothing is ever about race?

You should be asking them these questions, not me.

The information is this......in this instance all of the info has not yet been released.

Your definition leaves a lot to be desired and is verging on nonsensical.

It truly is a shame that you don't understand something so simple.
If you desire more insight..I suggest start looking into on your own. It is amazing all the info you can find, if you just look for it.

If pointing out and drawing attention to racism is "race-hustling", then I guess I'm guilty.

You have yet to show anything being racist.
Funny, as the DOJ concludes their "Rights" investigation to many of the mentioned altercations, when they come back empty handed, I am sure you will cry louder that it is still racism.

So now what? How do we stop racism?

You can't. Unless you, which I am sure is spot on, would like to control others and their actions.

US citizens do not have to not be racist. We don't have to accept people.

Gardner died because of his actions..race was not a factor.
Brown died because of his actions..race was not a factor.
The loser that drew a firearm on the LEO just recently died because of his actions..race was not a factor.

When ALL of the facts come out from the OP, I would really like to see where race is a factor.

The only way race can be a factor is this.
LE viewed the white woman as less of a threat then the black man.
Wonder who's fault it is, leading the public to have these feelings..

Don't see many movies/videos and so on where a white woman goes about robbing banks, killing LE, shooting opposing gang members and so on.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

I love it when Progressives take their ball and go home.

Have fun with the other kids.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

who if your life was on the line would you rather fight to the death with if you were forced too? A small white woman or a large black man? tv and music has much to do with the programming of peoples views and it is a fine line because i know very many scary looking people that would help a stranger way before a so called normal person would.

You're making the claims that racism is the culprit.

The burden of proof is on you. So far you've shown zero causal relationship between anything.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Thank you for your input.

I am not interested in discussing this topic with you.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
The information is this......in this instance all of the info has not yet been released.

Yup. So, like I said, why aren't you after the people claiming that this wasn't racially motivated? They are making claims without evidence. Go ahead, I'll wait.

It truly is a shame that you don't understand something so simple.
If you desire more insight..I suggest start looking into on your own. It is amazing all the info you can find, if you just look for it.

Not really sure what that means, how am I to gain more insight into your opinion of what race hustling is by looking into it on my own? It doesn't even make sense what you're saying...

You have yet to show anything being racist.

What have I claimed was racist?

You can't.

So, that's your solution? Protect racism because it is a First Amendment Right?

That's a pretty weak stance. I can't even take this seriously anymore.

Gardner died because of his actions..race was not a factor.
Brown died because of his actions..race was not a factor.
The loser that drew a firearm on the LEO just recently died because of his actions..race was not a factor.

You are the one making claims that race wasn't a factor. So, now you are in people's heads? Interesting turn of events, I guess.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I love it when Progressives take their ball and go home.

Have fun with the other kids.

I have not gone anywhere. I am still here reading and posting when I have something to say. And yes, I do have fun reading some of the ridiculous posts here, they are so reveiling.

Thank you for caring about me.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

yes but not amoung the other larger factors like gender

also since i answered yours will you answer mine?
in a forced cage match to the death who would you choose to fight if your motive was to win. a large blk man or a small wht female?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I wouldn't fight, so it doesn't matter.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yup. So, like I said, why aren't you after the people claiming that this wasn't racially motivated? They are making claims without evidence. Go ahead, I'll wait.

One thing at a time.
Your first up.

Not really sure what that means, how am I to gain more insight into your opinion of what race hustling is by looking into it on my own? It doesn't even make sense what you're saying...

I can't help you then.
Very simply. Go an look at what Sharpton and Jackson do. If you don't get it, then you don't get it.

What have I claimed was racist?

That the actions within the OP were due to the woman's race.

So, that's your solution? Protect racism because it is a First Amendment Right?

Ummm yeah. Just because you don't agree with how someone exercises their rights, doesn't mean you get to deny them that right.
And......I don't look to control others. I leave that up to people like you.

That's a pretty weak stance. I can't even take this seriously anymore.

Yep, Rights only for the ones you agree with. About as Progressive and Authoritative as it gets.

You are the one making claims that race wasn't a factor. So, now you are in people's heads? Interesting turn of events, I guess.

Actually the facts came out for those incidents listed.
There was shown to be no motivation by racism.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Wait....who said I cared about you?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

You obviously care enough to adress me muliple times.

Thank you - once again.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

They stated he was under arrest. Very simple.....there is no "5 second rule" when given a lawful command.

Gardner did not comply. So, that is the very basis of resisting arrest.

Brown...attacked a LEO and was shot for doing so.

see right there is where you lose the benefit of logic. that would mean that the majority of arrest should have required takedowns. Just go and view a few videos of people being arrested. You will learn that yes absolutely that an arrest requires response time and the natural reaction to it is to not want to be arrested. it does take a few seconds always for a person to decide to comply or resist. he was not givin the chance to do either and if we continue to call lies truth then it will just fuel more violence.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Addressing someone now equates to caring about them?

Interesting.

What else has your assumptions in life lead you to believe?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Actually, there is no time required for LE to give someone to comply.

When I worked LE, there were many times that I didn't tell someone they were under arrest before handcuffing them. This is done when LE believes it will be a struggle or fight.

And, if LE has Probable Cause for the arrest, and when they go to arrest a person, of that person does not comply, then it is very very simply resisting arrest.

Gardner did not comply. He resisted. If he had complied, he would more than likely still be alive.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

so your answer is that you want more violence.
no one can force you to come to the truth
the tactics you mentioned are unlawful and only allows perps to go free if they have money to get a lawyer.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

How so?
I worked to arrest on average 3-4 DUI arrests a night. I had one of the lowest percentages of physical altercations on my department. Most patrol officers were processing maybe 2 DUIs a week.
I purposely interacted with drunk people more so then others, yet, using my tactics, I was more successful.
There are different ways of dealing with different people.
Some, when told they were under arrest, would shrink and comply.
Some, would puff up, go rigid and resist.
Got to know how to deal with each.

the tactics you mentioned are unlawful and only allows perps to go free if they have money to get a lawyer.

Ummm, no again. Please explain how it is unlawful.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

How so?

I worked to arrest on average 3-4 DUI arrests a night. I had one of the lowest percentages of physical altercations on my department. Most patrol officers were processing maybe 2 DUIs a week.

I purposely interacted with drunk people more so then others, yet, using my tactics, I was more successful.

There are different ways of dealing with different people.

Some, when told they were under arrest, would shrink and comply.

Some, would puff up, go rigid and resist.

Got to know how to deal with each.

Ummm, no again. Please explain how it is unlawful.

It is unlawful because it is an attack not an arrest and a bystander could legally shoot you for attacking a person and by law the person you are attacking with no warning also has the right to defend themselves against unlawful arrest.

all the reactions you mentioned people to have as you made arrest takes time to react by the perp and time for you to visually react to them. gardner was not givin that time nor did he present any type of danger to the officers at that point. reasonable cause has been twisted as far as it can and in most cases it reaches beyond its origional intentions. Gardner did not even have one single piece of tobacco on his person. as i said before the stance that many take to blindly take one side or the other brings more violenc to the country. The fact that you had to bring in examples of dui's somehow being = to the conversation so far says alot. being drunk is not in any way the same as being innocent

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

One thing at a time.
Your first up.

Very simply. Go an look at what Sharpton and Jackson do. If you don't get it, then you don't get it.

If what you are saying is simply defined, please do so simply. You aren't. At all. You keep deflecting by bringing up Al Sharpton. Tell me, in your own words, what you mean, because I can't understand you so far.

Al Sharpton means little to me, and I don't understand how you are comparing him to me.

That the actions within the OP were due to the woman's race.

I did? Care to quote that?

Ummm yeah. Just because you don't agree with how someone exercises their rights, doesn't mean you get to deny them that right.

The Civil Rights Act disagrees with you.

Actually the facts came out for those incidents listed.
There was shown to be no motivation by racism.

That's not exactly true, but I don't think you understand the difference between Objective and Subject Reality, so I am going to save the explanation on the difference.
edit on 2-1-2015 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Look, it is clear that you don't understand the law.

It is not an attack and shooting an officer would be murder.
It is a lawful arrest, probable cause was established.
Even reasonable suspicion allows LE to handcuff for detaining someone.
Neither require LE to announce what they are doing.
The only thing required is to advise the person of their Miranda Rights, only when someone is detained AND being questioned.

And the statement of DUIs is very much applicable. Drunks, more times than not, a prone to violent reactions then sober people.

It clear shows that different people require different angles.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join