It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored, stuck at home this NYE, up all alone....psst, you are not alone.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Hey, I pulled an all nighter when I first got super Mario 3, I was like six? Still one of my favorites. I guess I just never outgrew video games, like a lot o dudes my age, I personally have no shame in my nerdhood. I still play D&D once a week with all my friends. We're trying to stop a cult from resurrecting the dragon Tiamat.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

You guys sound like us....not really into holidays any more

My husband is the Capt of Bah-humbug!!

He's playing Farcry 4 and well, I'm here with you guys. LOL

But hey, no worries about being on the road with all those drunks
( there's a bright side to everything)

Happy New Year everyone!!

Captain Bah hum bug! That is absolutely that hunk of human meat lying upstairs in our bed.

Although, in all fairness, this just isn't a holiday we have ever celebrated. I just think he is looking forward to having a few days off and catching up on some sleep.

Hey, I'm still really glad that you are still up with all of US.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yep, up all alone....I'm still at work at the studio, working on a rewrite of my script that I hope will attract some producers who can see what I'm trying to do and cut loose with some money so I can make my movie.

Blessed to have a vision and a passion to create something.
edit on 31-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The deranged adventures of Gonzo journalist Hunter Thompson and his attorney Oscar Acosta, referred to in the movie as "Laslow". Thompson attempts to cover the Super Bowl and the 1972 Presidential election in his typical drug-crazed state, but is continually and comically sidetracked by his even more twisted friend Laslow. Allegedly based on actual events. Written by John Rumpelein

This one is starring Bill Murray.

I was seriously confused there for a second until I read the last sentence.

I was thinking of Johnny Depp as Hunter Thompson.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sweetie, cuddle, fireplace, Pooch, Scrabble, TV…

Cozy

I'm playing music. Loud…

Jealous!

That is all. Just jealous.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You're playing edition 5 then? How is it?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

The movie Where the Buffalo Roam is worth a look. Not as good as fear and loathing, it was a different era back then.

Rest in peace Hunter S. Thompson.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Hey, I pulled an all nighter when I first got super Mario 3, I was like six? Still one of my favorites. I guess I just never outgrew video games, like a lot o dudes my age, I personally have no shame in my nerdhood. I still play D&D once a week with all my friends. We're trying to stop a cult from resurrecting the dragon Tiamat.

So, you completed Mario 3 in one night at the age of six? Is that what you are telling me? Please say it's not true!

It took me a week and a 1/2 to beat that game and I was 13!

I had to force myself to walk away from my gaming addiction...good thing I did too.

I have never had shame in my dorkiness. I have always fully embraced it but, then, it somehow became cool....in a weird way. How does that happen?

Just look at the gaming community today!

Never played D&D...I knew it would suck me in so I avoided it like the plague.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I am loving it! Shelved pathfinder completely and I don't intend on touching it for a while.

Dude, literally this DMG is one of the best core books WotC has printed, ever. Its easily one of the best role playing books ever printed in my opinion.

So yeah 5th edition is looking good. So far Horde of the Dragon Queen has been awesome, its cool to get back into the Forgotten Realms. I'm playing a half-elf moon circle Druid and I'm loving it so far.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You better watch out. This is bat country.

I love the scene where they were in a bar and people turned into lizards. It reminds me of Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

So, you completed Mario 3 in one night at the age of six? Is that what you are telling me? Please say it's not true!

No I just stayed playing it all night. I didn't beat it for months.

I had to force myself to walk away from my gaming addiction...good thing I did too.

I have never had shame in my dorkiness. I have always fully embraced it but, then, it somehow became cool....in a weird way. How does that happen?

Just look at the gaming community today!

I will probably never quit gaming its too much a part of who I am. I am glad that gaming and generally being a nerd has become less stigmatized. Its nothing to be ashamed about. I proudly admit to being a 28 year old man that plays everything from pokémon to magic: the gathering to GTA V.

Never played D&D...I knew it would suck me in so I avoided it like the plague.

You are likely correct on that note.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well, not alone, but no big plans. Too freaking cold to go out, and rather stay home anyway. Planning to have a drink or two with hubby later, though he's napping now to do so (military so early mornings most days). Kids in bed, and older son will be working. I am up late anyway most days, so NYE isn't much different for me, save that the usually quiet neighborhood has some music you can hear when sound is muted in here. Hope they have fun!

Happy to chat while in here, anyway. Sure a lot of folks are alone tonight, and nice to have a thread to gather! Gotta love the internet!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro

It's New years day over here in Australia.
I am suffering a hangover, so be carefull with those drinks M. E.

HNY TOO ALL.....

Get yourself hydrated! Dehydration is THE biggest reason for a hangover. When drinking mix in some other liquid as well, in between, to avoid a hangover. Never had one myself, even in my younger and crazier days when I actually drank a lot more than I do now.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Yep, up all alone....I'm still at work at the studio, working on a rewrite of my script that I hope will attract some producers who can see what I'm trying to do and cut loose with some money so I can make my movie.

Blessed to have a vision and a passion to create something.

Have you worked on the script yet about the person that attracts "crazy" people?

Still waiting to see how that turns out. It could really be a good one if done right.
edit on 31-12-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

That's cool. I had the play test material but couldn't get anyone interested in playing it. I liked what I saw; though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

22 years since i touched drink at New year .

Invited to 3 party's tonight and never went .

The hermit likes being alone and the peace and quiet

Magic

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The movie Where the Buffalo Roam is worth a look. Not as good as fear and loathing, it was a different era back then.

Rest in peace Hunter S. Thompson.

Hunter S. Thompson - he was a breed all of his own was he not?

Part Hero, Part Loser: Take a side. It doesn't really matter.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Did you see video from his funeral? They put his ashes in fireworks and shot him off. What a send-off.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: Add video

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

You better watch out. This is bat country.

I love the scene where they were in a bar and people turned into lizards. It reminds me of Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams.

That's where it starts getting interesting in my opinion.

Great movie, even better background plot.

Bat country! I love it.

You are officially only the 3rd person to point out the meaning/point of my avatar.

Well Done!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Alone and hanging out on ATS. Just another day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join