It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored, stuck at home this NYE, up all alone....psst, you are not alone.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric
I have never seen a woman say that before. I am in awe lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I can hear the waves and see the stars too!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Same as any other day for me. I don't celebrate holidays. Not even a birthday. I stay away from rituals and tradition. I usually stay home for those events as many things are closed anyways. With exception of bars. More reason to stay home.
edit on 31-12-2014 by roth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

yes, it was an old book from 1999. I didn't realize it was so old and I was looking for something about mysteries of our history and origins on earth.

So yes, there were references to 2000, 2001 and 2012 and beyond - about what different folks were believing were going to happen. It is weird to look back to see the extreme drama that many were into.

I think there's so much more to this world than we will ever know. But I don't ever want to be so "sure" of doom and gloom like many were. Open, aware, but never sucked into one belief. Life is about possibilities and choices in my view.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I enjoy a LOTR weekend - when it's crappy outside and I'm tired, I might flip through the channels and find a LOTR film on. Never tire of those films.

Hobbit, okay. LOTR, really do like those.

Not heading to conventions dressed as a wizard or anything
Not THAT big of a fan

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
At home is the only way to be on New Year's Eve. Friggin' cops are everywhere. Have you read Posse Comitatus lately? Those people are out there in hordes looking for any reason to pull you over.

From that point, getting home in one piece is 50/50 at best.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

I love the movies. The books are great, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
EST time zone here. The New Year has come and gone. I celebrated by paying my mortgage!!! Doing my homage like a good serf to the banks.

I am drinking some good Cognac though!
edit on 31-12-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galadriel
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's called The Source, published 1999. Fun to read about what everybody thought was going to happen in 2001 or 2012

Picked it up from the library for the heck of it. Didn't realize it was so dated. Wow, this NYE is sounding pretty bad now that I think about it

Most, if not all NYE's suck,
It's not just this year.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I could deal with a lot less sobriety at the moment. Woe is me.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Yep, up all alone....I'm still at work at the studio, working on a rewrite of my script that I hope will attract some producers who can see what I'm trying to do and cut loose with some money so I can make my movie.

Blessed to have a vision and a passion to create something.

Good luck with all of that.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Skid Mark

The deranged adventures of Gonzo journalist Hunter Thompson and his attorney Oscar Acosta, referred to in the movie as "Laslow". Thompson attempts to cover the Super Bowl and the 1972 Presidential election in his typical drug-crazed state, but is continually and comically sidetracked by his even more twisted friend Laslow. Allegedly based on actual events. Written by John Rumpelein

This one is starring Bill Murray.

I was seriously confused there for a second until I read the last sentence.

I was thinking of Johnny Depp as Hunter Thompson.

Apparently no one noticed. Even FUNNIER

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: TheBlackTiger
I got invited to a couple of things, but all by couples. I wanted to bring a girl that I've been casually working on for some time with limited success, but I like her. Spent a whole day answering "Who what when were" questions, to get a message a 3am last night saying "Actually I think I'm going to the cities" (I live in Minnesota, "cities" means Minnesapolis/St Paul)

This depressed me enough to have me drinking at home and chilling on ATS.

Thanks for being one of the few online communities that hasn't converted to an ad-generating consumption page.

I'm drunk enough to say, I love all of you just for being members of this site.

Bah, forget about her, surely there are women far more deserving than her! We love you too! I love all my ATS family!

Second that!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

*yes, I shouted with all caps*

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh, joy! I only have to stay up three more hours and then I can go to bed. I just wish I had earphones so I could listen to music.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Galadriel
Alas, alone tonight. But worked today, so am tired. It's very cold tonight here. I just got finished reading an odd book with Art Bell and some coauthor. I have Southpark playing quietly in the background.
I couldn't open the bottle of wine I bought, as the only corkscrew I could find is sort of a cheap knife type get up in the house. So no wine for me. Obviously I don't open wine very often...

I keep checking back on ATS throughout the day - because I'm kinda bored.

Probably going to head to sleep soon as my eyes are rolling.

I am no longer a party person, a drinker, etc. So I don't miss any of that. But this year, for some odd reason, the holidays are getting me down - and trust me, that's rare for me. As rare as me trying to open a bottle of vino.

I wish I was somewhere by the beach, with a fruity drink in hand, listening to the waves and gazing at the stars. Alone would be okay. But with a really nice bunch of like-minded, open, earth-loving, nature-loving awake and aware people would be nicer. Even one or two...

So, can you hear the waves? See those stars twinkling?

I personally have no choice but to understand you.

You are as depressing as they come!

Get over yourself and your bullcrap and I promise you,

You will be happier.

I promise you, I am NOT a mean person. Just let the bull# go.

Just let it ALL go.

Then, you will find happiness.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Did everyone fall asleep? Hello?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Did everyone fall asleep? Hello?

No, they're all passed out!!!

You got 3 more hours to go, huh?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I guess they are lol. Lucky. It's two 1/2 no. I'm trying everything I can to stay awake.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Don't be dismayed being bored in an art form in itself

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join