It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bored, stuck at home this NYE, up all alone....psst, you are not alone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You have found your haven. Anything goes as far as discussion. Lets just roll with the punches.

I've never been big on New Years Eve. Neither has my husband. Probably why he is already asleep.

I'm bored, at home while the kiddies are downstairs playing around. I played with them for a little while but, then they wanted me to go so they could have fun on their own. ( they are just getting to that age and it's okay)

So, if you are like me, wide awake, bored and well, Bored!

This is the place to just vent, chat, philosophize (is that even a word?) Anyway,

I have had a couple drinks so please disregard any typos. As a matter of fact, this is a grammatically correct free zone for the night!

Let it all out guys.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm sitting here bored, myself. It's just another day.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'm sitting here bored, myself. It's just another day.

That's pretty much how I have always viewed new years eve.

Anything you want to get off your chest....here's your chance.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Bored at home playing Pokémon hacks on a PSP, thug life.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's freezing outside. My sweetie and me are cuddled up in the living room playing Scrabble on Facebook. The fire is going in the fireplace and Roger, our dumb as nails lab, is rolling on his back in front of the fire. It's Twilight Zone Marathon on Sci/fi channel for us. Happy New Year

Edit... Oppps, I just made a 7 letter word across a triple word score and things have now frosted up in the living room too.
edit on 31America/ChicagoWed, 31 Dec 2014 20:15:11 -0600Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:15:11 -060014122014-12-31T20:15:11-06:00800000015 by TerryMcGuire because: Edit... Oppps, I just made a 7 letter word across a triple word score and things have now frosted up in the living room too.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm so bored that it's boring me.
I like your avatar, by the way. That's a funny movie. If you like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you should see Where the Buffalo Roam. IMDB link

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's New years day over here in Australia.
I am suffering a hangover, so be carefull with those drinks M. E.

HNY TOO ALL.....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Bored at home playing Pokémon hacks on a PSP, thug life.

Thug life indeed my friend.

You just keep on keeping on. Pokémon? I'm getting old but, I thought those were trading cards. It's a video game now?

Damn, I must be really getting older.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

lol, must be. Its been a video game since the 90's.

I'm just a big enough nerd to have played them all so much I must needs resort to playing fan-made hacks.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
It's freezing outside. My sweetie and me are cuddled up in the living room playing Scrabble on Facebook. The fire is going in the fireplace and Roger, our dumb as nails lab, is rolling on his back in front of the fire. It's Twilight Zone Marathon on Sci/fi channel for us. Happy New Year

Edit... Oppps, I just made a 7 letter word across a triple word score and things have now frosted up in the living room too.

That actually sounds very cozy. Kudos to you, you lucky bastard. You should post a pic of Roger on Jude11's thread about pets/animals. He's been trying to get the site to create a pet thread.

Word of advice, let your sweetie win. You will have a better chance of getting lucky at the end of the night if you do.

Trust me dude!

I kind of know a little bit about chicks....I am one.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm irritated myself.
The other day I started having issues with my mouse and realized I'd have to replace it soon. Then I accidentally bricked my incredibly useful Logitech gaming keyboard, which I refuse to be without. So, I was left with no choice but to order a new keyboard and mouse. Amazon was offering free two-day shipping, so I was happy that I'd be able to receive my new keyboard in just 2 days... Nope. Mouse showed up today, keyboard won't arrive til Friday. I still have to go two more days without my awesome gaming keyboard (seriously, Logitech gaming keyboards ftw). And, the mouse I got feels so awkward since I'm used to using a slightly smaller one. At least it has two extra programmable buttons though.

Hey, you said anything. I rather dislike the idea of celebrating New Year's, so I won't exactly be going out and having to put up with police checkpoints and drunken 4ssholes.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'm so bored that it's boring me.
I like your avatar, by the way. That's a funny movie. If you like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, you should see Where the Buffalo Roam. IMDB link

You know what, you are only the 2nd member of this site to acknowledge that movie in regards to my avatar. How is that possible I ask? You Rock!

I love that movie! Although I've always thought the ending was too lacking. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for turning me on to another movie. Can you give a synopsis (did I spell that right?) of buffalo roam.

happy new Christmas and all that good jazz.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: keenasbro

It's New years day over here in Australia.
I am suffering a hangover, so be carefull with those drinks M. E.

HNY TOO ALL.....

Yep, I actually watched your fireworks display this morning while I was drinking my coffee. Nice show!

Hangovers suck ass!

I've learned to pace. The hubster on the other hand, not so much. That's why I'm freaking up all by myself at 9:30p.m.

He forgot how to pace and party.

Oh well, I have you guys to keep me company.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

lol, I love HST, I just figured it was too obvious to point out.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You guys sound like us....not really into holidays any more

My husband is the Capt of Bah-humbug!!

He's playing Farcry 4 and well, I'm here with you guys. LOL

But hey, no worries about being on the road with all those drunks
( there's a bright side to everything)

Happy New Year everyone!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I'm irritated myself.
The other day I started having issues with my mouse and realized I'd have to replace it soon. Then I accidentally bricked my incredibly useful Logitech gaming keyboard, which I refuse to be without. So, I was left with no choice but to order a new keyboard and mouse. Amazon was offering free two-day shipping, so I was happy that I'd be able to receive my new keyboard in just 2 days... Nope. Mouse showed up today, keyboard won't arrive til Friday. I still have to go two more days without my awesome gaming keyboard (seriously, Logitech gaming keyboards ftw). And, the mouse I got feels so awkward since I'm used to using a slightly smaller one. At least it has two extra programmable buttons though.

Hey, you said anything. I rather dislike the idea of celebrating New Year's, so I won't exactly be going out and having to put up with police checkpoints and drunken 4ssholes.

God damn First World Problems!!!!!

Will they ever go away? I kid!

I said anything goes so, bring it!

Surely you can do better than that.

I'm with you, I honestly have never celebrated NYE...I just don't get it plus, I'm just too broke after Christmas.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

The deranged adventures of Gonzo journalist Hunter Thompson and his attorney Oscar Acosta, referred to in the movie as "Laslow". Thompson attempts to cover the Super Bowl and the 1972 Presidential election in his typical drug-crazed state, but is continually and comically sidetracked by his even more twisted friend Laslow. Allegedly based on actual events. Written by John Rumpelein

This one is starring Bill Murray.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh, just to add, I have no idea what that meme means.

I haven't been a gamer since Mario bros. 3 came out. Yeah, that was in the late 80's /early 90's. Google it, it was a big deal back then.

My son considers me completely irrelevant. Which, I guess I am in his world.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

lol, must be. Its been a video game since the 90's.

I'm just a big enough nerd to have played them all so much I must needs resort to playing fan-made hacks.

Yep, I'm officially old.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sweetie, cuddle, fireplace, Pooch, Scrabble, TV…

Cozy

I'm playing music. Loud…

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join