It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola In the UK an how a proffesinall TROLL loves to offend,

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am on the side of "she is best just ignored". It is posts like this that keep her in the limelight which is her exact agenda. It is an opinion which she holds and you either agree with it or you don't. If you don't agree ignore and move on.
It has now become more of a witch hunt with her and that is the ONLY reason that so many people have complained. Most satirical comedy t.v. uses her name for a joke and then the general public joins in.

You see far worse written by people most days ...just because this is Katie Hopkins it gets used to hit her again. Ignore her and she will go away. Until then she will continue making her money out of making waves.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sueloujo

You see far worse written by people most days ...just because this is Katie Hopkins it gets used to hit her again. Ignore her and she will go away. Until then she will continue making her money out of making waves.

Quite, i've written worse on ATS just for giggles. It's just words, we all flap our gums and who cares really.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I am on the side of "she is best just ignored". It is posts like this that keep her in the limelight which is her exact agenda. It is an opinion which she holds and you either agree with it or you don't. If you don't agree ignore and move on.
It has now become more of a witch hunt with her and that is the ONLY reason that so many people have complained. Most satirical comedy t.v. uses her name for a joke and then the general public joins in.

Well I say she's an English Arsehole. lets see who is offended by that. you either agree with it or you don't.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I agree she IS an idiot whether that be English, Scottish or any other country's arsehole but that does not negate the reasons I state to ignore her.
It's laughable that people want the police involved.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Well I say she's an English Arsehole. lets see who is offended by that. you either agree with it or you don't.

She is most definitely both English and an Arsehole, no need to call the cops on you for that

ETA: dammit, i said earlier that i would rather have hungry rats eat my bits than discuss her :/ does it count that i have refused to use her name?
edit on 1-1-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I agree she IS an idiot whether that be English, Scottish or any other country's arsehole but that does not negate the reasons I state to ignore her.
It's laughable that people want the police involved.

I want the Police involved not because of what she said and who she is but because the government, the police and the prosecution service have already set a precedent buy jailing people for some stupid comments on social network sites and made laws to hinder freedom of speech..Lets see if they act on this one.

Guy makes a joke about Glasgow Bin Lorry crash. Police get involved. Two kids ask their Facebook friends to "Burn doon the toon" in Dundee during the London Riots. 3 years in jail. What's good for us is good enough for her.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

She is most definitely both English and an Arsehole, no need to call the cops on you for that

ETA: dammit, i said earlier that i would rather have hungry rats eat my bits than discuss her :/ does it count that i have refused to use her name?

No, Enjoy those Rats nibbling yer Nuts.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i may just, just shave them first and make them wear lipstick

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So you want to enhance the "freedom of speech" laws because she has an opinion? Well that make sense..she has not called for any murder, arson, bombing or used profanities in connection with her statement.

Soon everyone will just end up talking to themselves in case they offend anyone.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So you want to enhance the "freedom of speech" laws because she has an opinion? Well that make sense..she has not called for any murder, arson, bombing or used profanities in connection with her statement.

Soon everyone will just end up talking to themselves in case they offend anyone.

No, I want the Police and the prosecution service to be evenly balanced when it comes to charging individuals for unsavoury remarks. The Government started this a while back, they cant be allowed to pick and choose who gets charged.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

But why? What did she say that was so wrong? I can understand the others but not this...this is just an opinion that is not causing any harm to anybody or inciting violence.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bread and circuses for the sheeple.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think you are right in this in that it needs to be a one for all law, I beleive a man was arrested for unsavoury tweets about the bin lorry incident before christmas but as of yet she has yet to be questioned.

A good friend of mune was arrested and held for several hours after posting on facebook that after having to watch a crappy tv show with his wife he would like to buy a gun and shoot the presenter.

My only concern is what would happen to comediens like Frankie Boyle?

Could there comments be taken in context or would they also face criminal charges?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

But why? What did she say that was so wrong? I can understand the others but not this...this is just an opinion that is not causing any harm to anybody or inciting violence.

Calling Scottish people Sweaty Socks, Sweaty Glaswegians is not an opinion. It's an attempt to be belittle a entire nation. And if you look at the the tweets i think you will find them to have racist undertones.

Paki, Chinki Tally, Gypo, is enough to get your arrested nowadays. Seems like calling Scots "Sweaty Socks " is acceptable.
edit on 1-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

i agree that it is an attempt to belittle, and that "Jock" can be used as a pejorative, i really don''t personally know though if most Scots find it an insult in all cases... though coming from a dyed in the wool, English controversy seeking Tory media whore then any Scot would be within their rights to be pissed, imo.

Strictly speaking though, it aint racist but pure ignorant xenophobia/BS cultural superiority, which is till ofc deeply idiotic.

She really is only worthy of being ignored though, she lives to be talked about and is desperate to be seen as relevant and conversation worthy. The best i can say about her is that she is a very bad wank indeed.
edit on 1-1-2015 by skalla because: added "in all cases"

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think you are misreading what racist means. To call someone a sweaty sock is not an arrestable offence as far as I know. This discussion is verging on the unbelievable if you think the police should be involved in someone name-calling which is the most it can be classed as.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think he is calling for a level playing field where racial slurs are involved.

The Scots have been victimised and oppressed in the UK for many years now but do not have the same rights in terms of political correctness that other nation, races and religions are given.

I agree and I am English, one of the greatest agressors in this issue.

a reply to: sueloujo

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would agree if i thought this could be classed as racist.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lame story as far as I see it, typical emotional outrage about nothing, and unfortunately I see more posters on ATS being just as lame.
I'm Welsh and don't give a toss about the 'sheep shagger' lines, just seems to me that some Scots need to get over themselves and stop whinginging. Lame.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Scotland is a country with a unique history and heratige.

The comments made were derogatory to the nation as a whole with nothing but bigotry and sterotypes.

Would you be prepared to make such a statement about another nation based on the same values and expect it to be well recieved?

Please bear in mind that the comments as stated previously were made by a member of a nation that has a long history of opression and abuse toward Scotland?

a reply to: sueloujo

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join