It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare?????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I feel so bad that your mind is limited and confused so easily. Same subject as most civil rights. So sorry you are not concerned. Protect profits is that your goal and your misdirection?
"2. Harden resolve against anyone and anything that impedes profit growth for trans-national corporation.
" I said nothing about that.reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A clause and it is voluntary Really? I think he would just not checked the box and continued on getting insurance, as that was what his intentions were. WOW. a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just checked at work and read thru one of the eligibility letters and there is nothing in there about searching your house. I will continue looking into it for you guys and let you know.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

It sounds like your friend might have confused the wording of the "clawback" provisions. Essentially a person who receives medical treatment via obamacare is on the hook for expenses the program pays for.

You use Obamacare.
The system (and has before obamacare) can place a lien on your property.
When you die they use the lien on the property / estate to recoup money spent .

Unless ive missed the info I think this is what he was talking about.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

This is very interesting to me, two months ago, we got a call from the insurance company to come inspect our home in guise of "checking how we live and reporting to primary physician, as to be able to treat our illnesses better". The person that called was very persistent and downright rude when we told her no. The really funny part about this, is that we don't even have a primary physician.... And no, not the aca, work insurance.
edit on 1-1-2015 by NwFgHr because: extra word lol

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
there is a clause somewhere in that says they can but it has to do with finding things about high risk homes that have children and in states that already have that kind of program, and it is voluntary.

i hate to seem antagonistic, or inflammatory, or deliberately argumentative....

but isn't the federal income tax "voluntary" as well?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

it's not an option because, despite people's utter unwillingness to believe it, the united states has become a fascist state..

it's reached the point where there really isn't much distinction between the government, and the corporations.....and as long as the corps are calling the shots, they'll just continue to have the government rubber stamp whatever allows them to help themselves to more and more of our money..

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum

A joke of a healthcare plan that OBama is trying to make mandatory.

So if had not been fought tooth and nail by the GOP, who was heavily interested in protecting Big Insurance, might there have been a better product? And please...let's not forget that this model was scooped from Romney.

OBama...is that Irish?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

i know, right?

for the longest time, i was saying that this crap was gonna be unaffordable....and after it was implemented, i ran the numbers, and determined that for more people than not, this was going to be nothing but either a mandatory donation to the insurance companies, that we don't need, can't afford, and can't use, or a government shakedown, if we chose not to buy into it...

everyone told me i was nuts, hell, some people still do....but it's usually only the ones who were lucky enough to be able to take advantage of some discount, freebie, subsidy, or whatever else, that the rest of us paid for....sure, for them, this is a pretty sweet deal...for the vast majority though, it's really not..
edit on 1-1-2015 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ive had to pay huge medical bills from hospitals and emergency room visits. Pay cash $450 a month for heart meds EVERY MONTH (yes with discounts and generics and and, and...), tests occasionally run me upwards of $5000 from time to time every year or so.

Example: Last week..$50 to one doctor, $350 for lab work, $135 for just 2 of my 9 prescriptions...and Im still due soon for a colonoscopy, 3 MRI's, and EKG and EEG, plus doctor visit costs.

I have a cardiologist, a primary care doctor, a dermatologist and a rheumatologist...and I need scripts filled and follow up diagnostic tests as well.

And yes...Im in collections from collection agencies for the amounts I still owe from the last batch. And Im not really healthy enough to keep working the way I always have been...but cant afford to quit either...till I just drop.

Hopefully...Ill stroke-out while at work. At least I can get unemployment or workers compensation

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Excuse my silly question, but, what the heck does Obama know about health care? Is he a licensed physician? How does a politician become the commander in chief of our health?

In other words: why do we give so much power, to one person/body of people, over our lives; when they are carnal flesh; Human beings; and only to be trusted to a certain degree???

The past 20 years or so, has been like: having a friend, who says they're you're best friend, but the only time you see them, is when they need something.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

The Federal Government and State Governments are separate sovereigns.

16th Amendment - US Constitution

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

There is a 10th amendment argument in this area however to date the courts have sided with the feds and constitution.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

a reply to: Xcathdra

well it has been said by many and one of the heads of the IRS, that paying income tax is a voluntary. but what is mandatory is the filing of income.

also there are those that say that the 16th amendment was not properly ratified, me i can't say. i just know they'll fry your a@@ if you don't file and haunt you all your days until you pay every dime they figure you owe them, plus penalty and interest.

edit on 2-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

yes, but isn't it written in the tax code that compliance is voluntary?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

and in addition to that, their rules, and guidelines seem to be DELIBERATELY written in such a contradictory, confusing, tortured way, that you get very easily confused, and they can trap you easier...

it's all a rigged game, with the end result being that they always win, and help themselves to more and more of your money...

i mean, seriously, did we all get "ATM" tattooed on our f**king foreheads, in invisible ink, while we were asleep?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join