It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't know about this because i have not signed up or been able to find information.

A friend was going to sign up for the program. He refused to. Because he said he seen in the fine print that it gave them the right to enter and search your house.

If anyone has signed up and has a contract. Could you make that available?
edit on 31-12-2014 by roth1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Dec 31 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Barrycare just raised my insurance premiums by 18% this year! This was T.A.R.P.S. for the insurance companies... a big bailout for them. Thanks a lot Barry!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
I don't know about this because i have not signed up or been able to find information.

A friend was going to sign up for the program. He refused to. Because he said he seen in the fine print that it gave them the right to enter and search your house.

As a Brit with a National Health Service that i am very happy with, i don't have much interest in this.

But i do like well informed threads, so if you include the fine print in question, then you have evidence of what you state and thus a well informed thread and basis for further discussion

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Sounds like bs to me.
He probably saw it on BIN or some other site and is parroting it

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
What is Obmacare????

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

A joke of a healthcare plan that OBama is trying to make mandatory.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I was hoping someone that signed up had a contract.a reply to: skalla

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So no proof and hoping some one else confirms it for you??

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Because he said he seen in the fine print that it gave them the right to enter and search your house.

They already do that.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Requiring every single American to have some kind of medical insurance. Whether you can afford it or not. (No socialized medicine here-we have to come up with the $$$ ourselves...even if we can't).

In my case? The wife and I for the worst kind of my employer's insurance... cuts my monthly paycheck by 30%, pays nothing if/when I need it...AND...there is a $4000 deductible for all my medical with it...that I have to pay myself (with a strong drop in being able to afford it because I now get less for insurance costs)...

When I DO pay out-of-pocket $4 grand...then the ins. that pays nothing...kicks in.

link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
What is Obmacare????

You know what he means... come on... what are you an inglish prophessor?

link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
What is Obmacare????

Great question. It's a meme designed to confuse people into doing one of two things:

1. Concentrate your energy on irrelevant issues while ignoring vital issues.
2. Harden resolve against anyone and anything that impedes profit growth for trans-national corporation.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So no proof and hoping some one else confirms it for you??

I'm sure another poster who is an expert on The ACA would know exactly where to find this nugget of info.

One wonders why they have not piped up already with a link to an official site with the small print.

I mean, thousands of ATS posters are experts on the subject............... surely one will come along with a link

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
there is a clause somewhere in that says they can but it has to do with finding things about high risk homes that have children and in states that already have that kind of program, and it is voluntary.
edit on 31-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Partly true.

But I think it's a grant scam to pay special grant recipients.

The concern is the grantees might get over zealous and rambunctious when soliciting for participants.

Very possible that this will be abused by hungry money mungers.

The "participants" could be easily mislead with hyperbole by maniac social workers.

Inspection Deception

“The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting program funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration is a voluntary program for women and families,” the spokeswoman wrote in an email to FactCheck.org. “Women and families enrolled in home visiting programs may discontinue services without consequence at any time and for any reason.” That point is also made clear in the law (page 251), which says that grant recipients must ensure that “the participation of each eligible family in the program is voluntary.”

Cook wrote that certain “high-risk” families would be “targeted” for inspections, but the reality is that the law stipulates (page 250) that state programs should prioritize providing services to those who need them most. That includes: low-income families; pregnant women under the age of 21; families with a history of child abuse, neglect, substance abuse or tobacco use; and others. An August 2011 report from the Pew Center on the States, which supports the home-based programs, said that “states did not consistently target at-risk families, where the return on investment is highest.”

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Cuts your income by 30%?? well we are taxed at almost that rate and we don't put out a penny for health care unless we want to pay for extra things like semi-private room, dental, physiotherapy, etc. Last month my significant other had a heart attack and ended up in emergency, transferred to another hospital, angiogram and open-heart surgery, discharged from hospital with no out of pocket expense all in 10 days from start to finish. I think we have it pretty good here in Canada and I don't understand with the population of the US why this is not an option for every citizen of the US to have good healthcare when they need it without leaving with a hefty hospital bill upon discharge or paying outrageous monthly premiums.
edit on 12/31/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As far as I know there is no clause about a forced entry search. But I will check. I can't say where I work but can say that it deals with certain applications for a certain thing that we may or may not be talking about.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Cause the insurance companies won't have it.
That takes to much money out of their hands.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm not afraid. I lose my insurance in about 10 hours when my divorce becomes official. I'm not signing up. There are more than 10 exemptions to the ACA penalty. Google them if interested. A quiet little backdoor that isn't discussed by many media sources very often.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What gets me is that everyone who cant afford health insurance was all about this... until the implemented it, and now they still can't afford it.

Only now they're getting fined for not buying it.

Me? Well, I had it before- but now the company that provided it had to change their policy- so I'm paying about $3000 a year more than I was, giving me a handsome pay cut.
Of course, now it doesn't pay for anything before about 3500 in medical bills. This year I only had $1500- so I had to pay the extra 3000 out of pocket for the mandatory insurance, plus the 1500 for my medical bills, PLUS what I was paying before.

'murka

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join