It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrests plummet 66% with NYPD in virtual work stoppage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

It's minor crimes they aren't going after...

If they start firing police officers due to budget cuts you can be sure the major ones will be passed on as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That mentality honestly makes me ill. It's not too different from mafia tactics. de Blasio, instead of meeting with union leaders and trying to work out a way to pacify the cops into doing their jobs, should be going to the people to determine what to do about an extorting, plainly obvious corrupt, police department.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That mentality honestly makes me ill. It's not too different from mafia tactics. de Blasio, instead of meeting with union leaders and trying to work out a way to pacify the cops into doing their jobs, should be going to the people to determine what to do about an extorting, plainly obvious corrupt, police department.

I know this will simply be discarded as anti-union, but it's what unions do. Look at the port worker's union and their stall tactics recently. I know some firefighters, and a firehouse was closed, they wanted it back open. They let a few fires go that they could have put out, that were close to the firehouse that was closed, and claimed the houses were lost because of the closing. It's all politics. They got the firehouse back they did not need, at the taxpayers expense, because they literally let houses burn down.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It seems Deblasio is upset the Police turned their back on him.

While Mayor Bill de Blasio was personally coaxing the city’s police union presidents to meet with him, his top aides were on the phones with lawmakers urging them to blast PBA President Patrick Lynch and other officers for turning their backs on the mayor following the assassinations of two of New York’s Finest, DNAinfo New York has learned.

City Hall wanted me to blast the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association for turning their backs on him,” a Big Apple legislator told “On The Inside.” “They called up Monday, said they were calling all of us, and that it was our obligation to stand up defending the mayor.”

SOURCE
This wont end well for us peeons.
Instead of reaching out and trying to mend fences, Deblasio is upping the ante and attacking back.
Not a good time to live in NYC, hell, or the USA.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Crime probably plummeted, too, because there is no real crime going on. And when there is, by the time the cops get to the scene, the crime has already been done. So, what's their purpose???

Oh, that's right, traffic tickets. The City must be FURIOUS!!! hehehe

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

As long as politicians create the laws that they mandate the police enforce? I would love to see the police "stand down"! Let those of the PC crowd realize what humanity is and can be without those who act as enforcers to protect them! Hell, just look at the lawlessness of the protestors of late! They don't give a damn about blocking a highway and preventing other citizens from freely traveling. Nope! All they care about is their opinion and mind controlled actions courtesy of the government and MSM!

How are you complaining about people relying on government in one breath then denounce the people not listening to government approved protesting spots in another? You know part of the POINT of protesting is to inconvenience others so you get your point across? How effective do you think protesting is when the protesters are shooed away in some hole somewhere so no one has to look at them?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree, I would like to see the stastics for violent crimes that are happening during this time frame. Not just murder, but for battery, domestic violence, assaults, rape, kidnapping, extortion, and other crimes that are normally stopped by the police. I wonder if there is an increase in said crimes while arrests are done.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
See, to me, this entire story is a testament to the fact that 90% of arrests made are unnecessary.

All these cop actions down 80-90%, and new york is still standing. No riots. No mass looting. No complete takeover by the criminal element.

The NYPD is too stupid to realize it, but they are proving that they are not as invaluable as they claim.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

I agree, I would like to see the stastics for violent crimes that are happening during this time frame. Not just murder, but for battery, domestic violence, assaults, rape, kidnapping, extortion, and other crimes that are normally stopped by the police. I wonder if there is an increase in said crimes while arrests are done.

actually these events usually play themselves out before the police arrive but there are a few times when a scene is still hot.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
See, to me, this entire story is a testament to the fact that 90% of arrests made are unnecessary.

All these cop actions down 80-90%, and new york is still standing. No riots. No mass looting. No complete takeover by the criminal element.

The NYPD is too stupid to realize it, but they are proving that they are not as invaluable as they claim.

unnecessary?
it depends on your veiwpoint.
most police find the revenue stream they create to be necessary to their well being and pension.
i agree with your point though that a very large % of what they do is unnecessary but there will always be a need for a certain amount of peace keepers.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

most police find the revenue stream they create to be necessary to their well being and pension.
Ive said it for a long time: the minute law enforcement became about budgets and revenue, the culture of law enforcement changed with it.

agree with your point though that a very large % of what they do is unnecessary but there will always be a need for a certain amount of peace keepers.
Im not saying cops arent necessary. Im saying the sheer abundance of them as well as the claims of needing more funding and weapons and mraps and yadayadayada are being proven to be bunk, and they are too stupid to realize that they are the ones proving it.

I expect, though, that if this goes on much longer, some "suspicious" (cointelpro) events will take place, to get people whipped into a frenzy about needing their cops back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join