It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrests plummet 66% with NYPD in virtual work stoppage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The cop killer's crime was premeditated.

This fact typically does not help in an insanity defense. I understand that he shot himself preventing a trial for his premeditated crime.
edit on bu312014-12-30T20:00:40-06:0008America/ChicagoTue, 30 Dec 2014 20:00:40 -06008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
And now there's a crime wave. Robberies are up 60%, burglary up 73%, assault up a staggering 98%, murder up 27%. NYC is falling apart. It's apparent a police state is necessary because people cannot control themselves without military supervision.

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: stosh64

Not really seeing a problem, some of that stuff shouldn't even be on law books anyway. Besides when the city needs to trim budgets because of the revenue loss guess who'll get slapped the hardest...

Yes, because they create stupid laws that make the average law abiding citizen a criminal. What would happen if everyone followed every single law? They be in the predicament they are now. Losing money. Would they create even more laws in an attempt to gain revenue?

I see a lot of cops getting laid off. They really aren't needed and neither are the stupid laws. Way to go cops, you just cost yourselves your jobs.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They can not keep it up long and still draw a paycheck.

Sure they can. The unions will see to that.

And, that's a reason they ought to do the PATCO thing to the NYCP Benevolent.

Hey, you're advocating shutdowns or stoppages. That makes you a trade union. Can't be a trade union for public servants. You are decertified. Be gone, NYCPBA.

BAM!

Well said Bedlam!

I am 100% in agreement with your sentiment.

These officers are attempting to go rogue, well really they have been for awhile, but really the appropriate response to, oh yea you do not like the way we are policing then we will stop should simply be met with, oh yea have fun not getting paid!

They are to Protect and Serve not harass and abuse! I think they need a reminder that we fund their entire existence.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They can not keep it up long and still draw a paycheck.

Sure they can. The unions will see to that.

And, that's a reason they ought to do the PATCO thing to the NYCP Benevolent.

Hey, you're advocating shutdowns or stoppages. That makes you a trade union. Can't be a trade union for public servants. You are decertified. Be gone, NYCPBA.

BAM!

Well said Bedlam!

I am 100% in agreement with your sentiment.

These officers are attempting to go rogue, well really they have been for awhile, but really the appropriate response to, oh yea you do not like the way we are policing then we will stop should simply be met with, oh yea have fun not getting paid!

They are to Protect and Serve not harass and abuse! I think they need a reminder that we fund their entire existence.

Who gives them their orders?

You guys who support the government yet abhor the police state are living in a fantasy world! Do you think for a second that the police want to do what they do? Do you ever allow your political ego to drop enough to think that the police are not the problem, but it the judicial system and the politicians?

Screw all of you who support these protests that are blocking highways and breaking windows of businesses! You want to protest?

Hit the courthouses and protest the judges, lawyers, and politicians that create the laws! Let the police know you got their backs!

OR, just play the game as a useful idiot and act surprised when we have martial law..........

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Man that is quite the rant!

You know nothing of my views! You thinking that I support the government is proof of this!

Do I think for a second the police want to do what they do, um you may need to elaborate upon this question a little bit. Over the past couple of decades I believe the hiring process has been aimed at narcissistic psychopaths who love having "power" over anyone and anything.

What political ego do you think I owe allegiance to!? There is no doubt that the judicial system and politicians are the problem, but it is far worse than that. The NYPD has been owned by JP Morgan since at least the Occupy Wallstreet protests.

I will agree with you that there are better ways to protest as opposed to falling for their preplanned script resulting in martial law, but to think that hitting the courthouses to protest judges, lawyers, and politicians would show the police that we have their backs is absolutely laughable.

The police should be proving to us that they have our backs by not unleashing hell when people protest the unjust actions of the government you so passionately dissent against.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Man that is quite the rant!

You know nothing of my views! You thinking that I support the government is proof of this!

Do I think for a second the police want to do what they do, um you may need to elaborate upon this question a little bit. Over the past couple of decades I believe the hiring process has been aimed at narcissistic psychopaths who love having "power" over anyone and anything.

What political ego do you think I owe allegiance to!? There is no doubt that the judicial system and politicians are the problem, but it is far worse than that. The NYPD has been owned by JP Morgan since at least the Occupy Wallstreet protests.

I will agree with you that there are better ways to protest as opposed to falling for their preplanned script resulting in martial law, but to think that hitting the courthouses to protest judges, lawyers, and politicians would show the police that we have their backs is absolutely laughable.

The police should be proving to us that they have our backs by not unleashing hell when people protest the unjust actions of the government you so passionately dissent against.

So what's your solution?

Treat the symptoms or cure the disease?

The police are nothing more than the strong arm of the government.........

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Xtrozero

The cop killer's crime was premeditated.

This fact typically does not help in an insanity defense. I understand that he shot himself preventing a trial for his premeditated crime.

As far as I understand the case, the guy had no connection at all with any cop related killings. He just decided that it was a personal issue to the point he wanted to kill some cops. Just the fact that he carried out premeditated murders with no real reason, and that he killed himself is not someone with a mind of reason.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ah a solution!

How nice it would be for this to be easy!

For starters I think we need to see much more of what we saw in Washington with the thousands of gun owners openly defying unconstitutional laws.

Man it is a tough question, I think that the solution is currently happening all across the board. We see every level of corruption being fought, it is David VS Goliath!

I think that battles are being one that we are not hearing about. Their dream of martial law was supposed to implemented long ago and I have nothing but my faith to go off of when I think that things are slowly but surely getting better. As more time passes the old charade is not working.

I suppose I am kind of an anarchist. I think that we the people know far better than our government and I think that the founding fathers thought so as well!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So, basically, the NYPD doesn't actually need at least 1/3 or so of the cops in the ranks and much of their job is make-work that makes a killing off fining poor people for stupid stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
So, basically, the NYPD doesn't actually need at least 1/3 or so of the cops in the ranks and much of their job is make-work that makes a killing off fining poor people for stupid stuff.

well hopefully that comes back to biting them in the ass....it was fairly obvious from the need to bring in these revenue raising "crimes" that the police force was bloated

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ah a solution!

How nice it would be for this to be easy!

For starters I think we need to see much more of what we saw in Washington with the thousands of gun owners openly defying unconstitutional laws.

Man it is a tough question, I think that the solution is currently happening all across the board. We see every level of corruption being fought, it is David VS Goliath!

I think that battles are being one that we are not hearing about. Their dream of martial law was supposed to implemented long ago and I have nothing but my faith to go off of when I think that things are slowly but surely getting better. As more time passes the old charade is not working.

I suppose I am kind of an anarchist. I think that we the people know far better than our government and I think that the founding fathers thought so as well!

I am just going to give you an internet wink!

You see it coming............

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting. You may get away with leaving your car parked too long, or drinking a wee too much whiskey, but for God's sake don't DANCE! The NYPD hates dancing apparently.

Ellen Degeneres Dance Dare gone horribly wrong. (Fun watch...until the ending)

“I challenge the viewers to sneak up behind perfect strangers, to dance behind them without them knowing it,” Degeneres said on her show. Previous “dance dares” have featured pregnant viewers, as well as viewers dancing at the Golden Gate Bridge and in front of JCPenney stores, among other settings.

BOK subsequently shot footage of himself dancing behind strangers inside Grand Central Station. In one scene, he dances behind a pair of officers without being caught, seemingly without incident.

But when he approaches the other officer from behind a police vehicle, the encounter quickly escalates. The officer approaches him and asks, “What’s wrong with you, bro?” as two more officers immediately join him. The officer backs BOK into the vehicle and places his hand on his chest. BOK is turned around and seemingly frisked.

At that point, a message appears on the screen saying, “After explaining what we were doing they kept going, insulting me … After endless attempts, realizing they cannot arrest me… they threw me on the ground.”

The officer is then seen behind BOK, telling him, “Take a f*cking walk” before throwing him to the ground, causing his microphone to cut out.

Stay safe out there. And no DANCING.

Peace

source
edi t on 30-12-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: forgot link

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

part of the recruitment requirements is not having a sense of humor apparently

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
NYPD wins hands down on this one.... Regardless of what they do on the streets. They have been under staffed since the mayor took office. Both those officers were on overtime when they were murdered. Many changes need to be made all the way up the chain. However when the people lose 66% revenue it kills the people.. no public pools or park services. Less staffing at events. Higher crime. And a big increase in utilities. The union is there to stay, that will never change. This will all turn against the Mayor and his staff.

We tend to forget that Judges, clerks and court personnel will be laid off first.. and there are 30k lawyers in New York city that really don't want to lose their houses. This is a major blow to this mayor as after Two weeks the city is having serious cash flow issues. And yes it's all about the money.If this keeps up for six months people will be neck deep in trash and the Union will have more money than the city will. Fact. Over 3000 other Departments nationwide can go on a work slowdown much like a sympathy strike. That mayor will be ejected most likely before the end of the year as he is losing support every day he remains.

Please note that the NYFD and all First responders are also slowing down too.. Yup. This could be very bad for the people of NYC.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I had a feeling you do as well!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
NYPD wins hands down on this one.... Regardless of what they do on the streets.....
Please note that the NYFD and all First responders are also slowing down too.. Yup. This could be very bad for the people of NYC.

As opposed to the people...who are losing....with their hands up?

If EMTs and fire personnel slow down, they should be put on trial...and fired immediately. Funnel the pay to the volunteer fire departments across this land protecting and serving for the right reasons.

Homeland security grants have bloated every pd with a spare dime to write a grant for additional officers in the past decade and their numbers grow, requiring more shake downs of citizens who can least afford to pay the petty piper. Enough.

The work stoppage does however demonstrate how utterly wasted much of this on duty time has been. The outcome is not always as intended. People are a bit fed up with being the feed for the system. I hope they think twice about emt and fire slowdowns. Then think some more. I don't see that working well...for anyone. Very sad.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Emergency medical is contracted to the city. In several areas they will not respond until police are on the scene. NY is a "Right to work state" They (EMTS) can walk off anytime they want too. It's also been a well known fact that The majority of Families who work in the Police Department also have family members working for the Fire Department. Thats why they are so close.

The Police Union Funds many projects that are now going to be canceled. Food banks are all most entirely funded through donations from the cops and firemen. The city administration better start thinking about their civic future and how they are going to get the trust of these unions back or they will be in for big trouble. I would not like to see Volunteer fireman trying to put out a fire in a 30 story building...lol

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

The Police Union Funds many projects that are now going to be canceled. Food banks are all most entirely funded through donations from the cops and firemen.

right...good one...i suppose that includes all the ones they have been shutting down as well huh ?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun
Cities are also finding the extra padding built into those contracts that have for far too long delivered money into operating accounts that have nothing to do with services rendered. Walk off anytime? Ethical bunch you've got there if they dally on an emergency run.

New York's 7th largest ARMY in the world..or rather police department might gain from a trim. Seems a bit bloated with its own self-importance if your characterizations are correct. I hope they are not and would choose to still believe most of them, pd fd and emt, are there because they want to serve and protect. Maybe you are correct and they have become more like an organized gang threatening food pantries to get their way.

Yes, volunteers will show up at any fire they are needed at, with whatever equipment they can muster after the budget busting paid departments have had their fill. I have yet to see one step away from the table.

This action will not end well for anyone, least of all the police, and is in direct contradiction with their oath of office. There are better paths to meeting the needs of all. Much better.

I hope it works out, for everyone's sake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join