It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jones was framed, and the CIA caused the suicide at Jonestown

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grifter42
a reply to: michaelbrux

One man, no matter how charismatic, couldn't force 900 people to do this.

A cadre of elite CIA mercenaries and killers, MKULTRA spooks, well, they certainly could. And in my opinion, did.

It might err a bit a close to what Jones claimed was persecuting him, but in those days, they did persecute people. A lot.

So, Jones very well might have had his claims come shockingly true.

Sadly, most people are sheep. People in cults are uber sheep. Look at Waco and Heaven's Gate. It may be hard to believe, but people really are that stupid.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Your post is important. Enough and well said.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

One man, no matter how charismatic, couldn't force 900 people to do this..

Yes he could. Easily. Never underestimate the power of cult.
How many people did Hitler manipulate and brainwash?
A heck of a lot more than 900.
How many people basically willingly committed suicide for the Emperor of Japan?
A heck of a lot more than 900.
ETC ETC ETC

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Leo Ryan was no stranger to working under cover, changing his identity like a new pair of pants.

After the Watts Riots of 1965, Assemblyman Ryan took a job as a substitute school teacher to investigate and document conditions in the area. In 1970, he investigated the conditions of California prisons by being held, under a pseudonym, as an inmate in Folsom Prison, while presiding as chairman of the Assembly committee that oversaw prison reform.

Sounded like Jones was legitimately stressed out with the demands of his leadership, and bothered by feedback he was getting from the MSM.

Ryan was probably sent in as part of a quarantine plan with media coverage to dissuade breakaway groups.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Not sure if you all were aware of Mark Lane's significant role he played in the Jonestown Massacre mythology.

It's not even sensible to talk about the Jonestown Massacre without bringing up the infamous connections between People's Temple and Mark Lane. And this represents, to me, one of the biggest unexplained red flags in all of conspiracy town.

It seems almost that people are afraid to touch the topic.

edit to add: link to google news
news.google.com...

edit on 1/16/2015 by SayonaraJupiter because: add link

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Mark Lane remains an enigma to me. I haven't read his book, and took him for something of a publicity vampire, but you're right. He had quite a bit of involvement in the People's Temple.

Sometimes I wish I could get that russian published book, "The Jonestown Carnage: A CIA Crime". Alas, it went unpublished in the states. Guess it went into details that the system didn't want getting out into public knowledge.

If anyone knows anything about a man named Feodor Timofeyev, the Russian official who visited Jonestown, I'd like to know.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grifter42

Mark Lane remains an enigma to me.

I don't think that anybody on ATS really understands Mark Lane's motives in JFK, MLK or Jonestown. I'd like to see someobody do an in -depth biography of Mark Lane's conspiracy-related exploits.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have posted some of this before,... David Icke did some good research on Jonestown...

"There is also evidence that Jonestown was a mind control experiment and a part
of MKUltra. Large quantities of psychiatric drugs were found there, enough to drug
200,000 people a year, and the members were known to wear identification tags
similar to those that people are given in hospital. Indeed, the Jonestown complex
included a substantial and sophisticated hospital while conditions in the rest of the
compound were poor. The mix of blacks, women, and prisoners, mirrored the
victims chosen for MKUltra mind experimentation. The blacks were bound and
gagged when they arrived in Guyana and taken to the compound to work 18 hours
a day. The links between Jonestown, MKUltra, and Nazi-style ideology are explored
by Michael Meiers in Was Jonestown A CIA Medical Experiment? A Review Of The
Evidence. He argues that Jonestown was the final field experiment of MKUltra and
that Jim Jones was a long-time CIA asset who had been secretly supported by
Ronald Reagan's California administration in the years before the operation moved
to Guyana. Meiers says the mind control story can be traced back at least to 1965
when Jones and the People's Temple first moved to Ukiah, California. He reports:
"...the group immediately infiltrated the Mendocino State Mental Hospital which would
provide not only test persons [TPs as the Nazis called them] for his [Jones's]
preliminary medical experiments, but also a training ground for medical technicians
needed for the ultimate experiment. Within a very short period of time, every employee
at the hospital was a member of the People's Temple. From nurses to therapists, from
counsellors to cleaning women, every worker on the facility was replaced by a Temple
member. California virtually gave the Mendocino State Mental Hospital to Jim Jones."2
The aftermath and official explanations for the massacre were a familiar tale of
provable lies and contradictions. The number of people reported to have been living
in Jonestown was around 1100. This was based, it would appear, on a passport count.
But after the tragedy, the number of dead was given as only 400 and later 913. As
many as 200 were 'missing'. This is a significant figure because the elite guard around
Jim Jones numbered between 120 and 200. While the People's Temple membership
was predominantly black, the elite guard was overwhelmingly white. Elite guard or
CIA guard? Despite the official figure of 900 dead, only 400 were found"...

-David Icke -And The Truth Shall Set You Free-

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Jones was CIA and they killed a double he is living in Argentina with Hitler./sarc
a reply to: Grifter42

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Mark Lane remains an enigma to me. I haven't read his book, and took him for something of a publicity vampire, but you're right. He had quite a bit of involvement in the People's Temple.

Sometimes I wish I could get that russian published book, "The Jonestown Carnage: A CIA Crime". Alas, it went unpublished in the states. Guess it went into details that the system didn't want getting out into public knowledge.

If anyone knows anything about a man named Feodor Timofeyev, the Russian official who visited Jonestown, I'd like to know.

If you can read russian there is a copy of the book on scribd.com

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Jones was NRO doing a group behaviour anaysis.
A Govt official was attemting to discover the op and it was turned over to CIA for mop up.
NRO didn't have the assets. Jones went off the reservation anyway so he was expendable as well as his subjects.
I was told this by one of the NRO "Trail Watchers" from Vietnam.

Covert source. don't have proof of any kind.

I'd have to say I think there's some merit with this information. However, especially when the company's involved, it's never quite that clear cut, imhe (that's experience with an e rather than o for opinion.)

What I find very interesting in the OP's analysis of events is the statement that "maybe I'm a kool aid drinker, and maybe I'm not." As in, if you were a kool aid drinker, OP, you'd be dead, as in the rest of the Jonestown settlement.
Now, why would you write something so seemingly cryptic.

We're all dancing around truth here, whatever flavor of it you ascribe to, aren't we? And somehow as I write just those words, I can fully see them haunting me one day or another.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I'm telling you what was said to me.
I just can't elaborate because the guy is still around,

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

And I'm telling you that I doubt neither you nor your source for one heartbeat….only that I strongly suspect the web is even more tangly woven than what you've already expressed. No argument from me…only a cautionary that there is probably still more to that story….is all.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Personally I thought it smacked of ULTRA or MONARCH , But those little gems were CIA only.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
DETAILS OF MASSACRE

edit on 29/1/2015 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Personally I thought it smacked of ULTRA or MONARCH , But those little gems were CIA only.

ah, yes, I'm positive it certainly did "smack" of both projects. But even that doesn't likely tell the whole story, does it? And the problem with that particular logic is, everything seems to, as much as some of us would like it not to.
edit on 29-1-2015 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Layton was the son of a man named Doc Laurence Layton, head of a biological and chemical research program. So they spared him. He was a plant. He served time in a cushy prison.

Where did you get this info? cant seem to find much on this larry layton

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

We're all dancing around truth here, whatever flavor of it you ascribe to, aren't we? And somehow as I write just those words, I can fully see them haunting me one day or another.

Can you dance to the tune of Mae Brussell? Mae Brussell -Jonestown, CIA Mind Control Experiment- Part 1 (12-1-78)
www.youtube.com...

Mae Brussell has given us the tapes, from December 1978, of crucial connections, the connection between Mark Lane and People's Temple. Mark Lane is on the record saying how great was Jonestown, " a model community ",

and you nailed it.

We are all dancing around the truth here...

[edit to add] If you go over to www.worldwatchers.info... and look in the archives for late 1978 she's got several tapes on the topic of Jonestown.
edit on 1/29/2015 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thanks, I'd love to look into that link, but I can't afford to give that my energy. If I do, I become so embroiled in it that I can barely stay sane.

What you and I wrote about the dancing around the truth brought to mind the scene in Beetlejuice, where at the dinner party, all the guests get up and dance.....are you familiar with that scene. The truth leaks out, frequently in movies, as though it's just a creative endeavor, when really there are strong allusions to the truth. They danced because they were all possessed by a controlling force....

And we're all mostly still dancing....

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Anyone aware of a woman named Jeannie Mills?

Wrote a tell-all book on Jim Jones, testified to congress about him, survived the massacre, only to perish a few years later in 1980 in an execution style murder?

I wonder if there were sleeper cells or something. Maybe she knew too much. Maybe she was an actor. Maybe she was just a whistleblower and some red cell faction took her out as revenge. Maybe she was none of the above and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So many questions, so few answers.

But that's why we're here: For answers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join