It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikini sports bar owner criticized after ‘Undercover Boss’ appearance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I heard this story on the radio about the show Undercover Boss, I don't really watch the show myself But the premise is easy boss goe sundercover to see what work is like for his employee's. The owner/Boss goes underocver and critizes one of his employee's for not wearing a Bikini.

Guller, who started Bikinis about nine years ago, is being criticized by viewers for firing an employee who had declined to wear a bikini top and for offering to pay for breast augmentation for a different worker, among other things

Now I dont understand why people are giving the owner grief. (I know people on twitter just look for stuff to get mad about.) To me if the lady had a problem with being on camera in a bikini thats fine I get that I am all for privacy issues but a solution t ome would be to say. I dont feel comfortable being on camera can I have the day off or something like that.

www.ajc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.ajc.com... ni-sports-bar-owner-criticized-after-undercove/njctm/

Does anybody have a different opinion? We can debate if this type of establishment should be open or even this guy is kind of a sleze or whatever but the owner is clearly in the right.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
The owner may be a pervert. He may be a pig. As long as he wasn't harassing the employees or forcing them to work there then oh well. It is his business. If youre required to wear that attire and you refuse, either quit or be fired. Hes the owner.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is a local beach bar that let their employees wear what they want and the public was outraged!! But the customers could wear what they wanted and it was their right so that was OK???????????????

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I had never watched this show until this episode...weird there is a thread on it actually. He fired her for lack of compassion for her job. She literally said that she was waiting for another opportunity and was just gonna leave. Yes, he did disagree with her choice to not wear a bikini, but that wasn't the reason she was fired. Now that I remember, he also offered her assistance in finding another job.
edit on 30-12-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have never watched this program as it easily could be nothing more than a

"let's feel good about our business owners because they have our best interests at heart".

Propaganda from TPTB, saying "all is well American public". See??? Here you are, true stories of the compassion of American business leaders. Feel good, feel good, feel good feelgoodfeelgoodfeelgoodfeelgood.....

Now I'm not saying that these specific stories are not real, I don't know, but one show after another of kind and responsive bosses just does not fit with my decades long experience in the work place, nor that of most of the other people I have known.

Not to mention the free publicity these "bosses" get for smiling to the camera and being a nice guy for dollars. To me, the show is hokum from the git.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I have never watched this program

You sure have a lot to say about a show you've never watched. Makes me wonder.

I don't remember watching a full episode myself but I have at least seen parts of a few episodes. My impression was that the show is about putting the boss in the worker's shoes and they come away from the experience with a different perspective on the work performed by their employees.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
seems like hes not a very moral man would you espect less?
but he didnt break any laws that i can see.

link fixed

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Having heard about this and looked at the place in question the following can be stated:

1) Why is it that this person, the employee who was fired, had no compulsion about being in front of total strangers all day long in the employee uniform, but when it comes to her being in front of camera, she then bulks? It makes no sense what so ever. At lease with a camera, you are not going to be pawed at, or touched or even have to deal with snide remarks. Places like Bikini's and Hooters, men go there for one reason, and it is not for the beer or food, but to look at the waitresses and their endowments.

2) As long as he made it a business purpose, and not for his own personal entertainment, then it would be that the breast augmentation was for the purpose of attracting more customers which would result in better tips for the wait staff.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Full episode if you're interested

I'm about 18 minutes in and I gotta say
@awesomeemployeehenry

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree with the first poster, it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks, it's his business and can run it however he wants. I watched the episode, and I really don't think he did anything wrong anyway. The girl wanted a boob job, as an incentive he offered to get that done for her if she met expectations.

As for the chick he fired, well there were 3 things that lead to it. Not wearing required attire, endangering a customer by not limiting alcohol intake (that's the big one, IMO, ie liability) and the simple fact that she clearly expressed no desire to work for his company. Not to mention the fact that she was a real bitch from the get go. Even with all that said, he did offer to help her find another job. She chose not to accept his offer and pranced away like a typical self-entitled immature girl with a queeny complex.

Meh, I think this is just another case of people being offended over nothing.
edit on 30-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The great thing about Undercover Boss is watching the CEO'S take part in the "simplist" of jobs done by their workers. These 7-figure CEO's cant even flip burgers or make a simple sandwich correctly within an acceptable time period without messing it up royally with repeated attempts. They cant even handle doing simple cleaning without becoming exhausted, and breaking into a sweat while complaining that their muscles are getting sore. Yet their employees do these jobs for long hours day in and day out for LOW wages while the CEO's make 7-figures and complain how they wish they could pay these workers even lower wages.

Most CEO's couldnt handle one 8 hour shift of what minumum wage workers do EVERYDAY.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyTreason
The great thing about Undercover Boss is watching the CEO'S take part in the "simplist" of jobs done by their workers. These 7-figure CEO's cant even flip burgers or make a simple sandwich correctly within an acceptable time period without messing it up royally with repeated attempts. They cant even handle doing simple cleaning without becoming exhausted, and breaking into a sweat while complaining that their muscles are getting sore.

Wow, someone having a hard time their first day on a new job; who'd have imagined.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoverBoy
a reply to: American-philosopher
The owner may be a pervert. He may be a pig. As long as he wasn't harassing the employees or forcing them to work there then oh well. It is his business. If youre required to wear that attire and you refuse, either quit or be fired. Hes the owner.

I fully agree, a business is not a democracy. As an aside, I wonder when people are going to realize that all of their governments, both national and local are all corporations, meaning businesses and therefore, not democracies either.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I feel like people are pick-and-choosing things the CEO said that support their 'outrage', whilst whilst ignoring all the bits where he was thinking of ways to help the staff...

1) The girl that got fired - She openly said she was job hunting and was getting out of there as soon as someone offers her a job. From the sounds of it her previous job was significantly better than being a pair of boobs serving beer, and the CEO suggested she look within the company for a position that's more to her liking. He was trying to think of a way to keep her in the company and use her skillset but she turned his ideas down. Even after firing her he offered to help with the job search which is more than ANY employer I've ever had has done.

2) The kitchen manager that got a typical "more responsibility but same pay" bs promotion...immediate 30% payrise, $10k for a family holiday + backpay. That's a pretty massive win for the kitchen manager. Remember, this is a multi-chain restaurant. The CEO would be totally separated from the operations of a single restaurant and wouldn't have had a clue about the fake promotion. At senior levels all he probably sees is a report that shows how many employees they have across the whole company, and a summary of total expenditures. The only time he'd know when someone gets promoted is when they're either a direct report or when they are being moved up into senior management.

3) The girl that he offered the boob job to quite plainly stated she wished she had bigger boobs. He liked the quality of her work, took her feedback about the marketing onboard, and gave her a project to own & run with that could be a jumping board into a better paying, long-term career. For a bit of incentive he offered to get the best surgeon in town to give her a "free" boob job, but only if she wanted it and only if she worked hard (ie: you've got potential, but I need you to prove to me that you're a staff member that's worth investing time and money in).

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Well... with all the talk about flippin burgers and cleaning being such "simple" jobs, one would CERTANLY think that anyone worth RUNNING a COMPANY making 7-figures would be handle it without whining and belly-aching like these CEO's on the show do. Especially when these CEO's and their chearleaders (cough cough) are upset about paying workers a decent wage. Right or wrong?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

I have never watched this program

You sure have a lot to say about a show you've never watched. Makes me wonder.

I don't remember watching a full episode myself but I have at least seen parts of a few episodes. My impression was that the show is about putting the boss in the worker's shoes and they come away from the experience with a different perspective on the work performed by their employees.

What does this make you wonder, I wonder. Certainly the "feel good" aspect of the show is right up front. Viewers cheer the good employees and boo the bad ones. (My guess). The bosses are already humane people are helped to run their businesses better. Right. I get it. Viewed from this perspective, yeah fine, more tv pablum.

If this were all there was to TV programing then so what? But is it? However ATS is not just a TV guide forum about what people like or dislike about TV programs. ATS is a conspiracy forum which offers an opportunity to speculate and offer opinions and insights into all levels of disinformation.

I have never seen this program, nor will I as at it's best it is pablum. But from my anti-propaganda viewpoint, this show smacks of opinion programing, and I don't need to see it to know that possibility.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What does this make you wonder, I wonder.

Motive?

ATS is a conspiracy forum which offers an opportunity to speculate and offer opinions and insights into all levels of disinformation.

Wonderful. Don't you think such speculation, insights, and opinions offered should come from an at least somewhat informed perspective? You began your post with "I've never watched this program" then proceed to tell us all about what's wrong with it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
SJWs FORM UP!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Who cares about "opinion programming" when you can see CEO's scrub toilets and hose down parking lots??

I see it as confirmation that what folks do IS valuable and absolutely disregard any incidental feel-good marketing these companies are trying to pawn off on me. Noticeably I still haven't set foot in a Hooters, bought a Subway sandwich, or purchased any golf gear.

If anyone thinks viewers are so unintelligent that we will all be brainwashed let me assure you some people can actually enjoy a program for their own reasons and just enjoy it.

GEEZE!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

What does this make you wonder, I wonder.

Motive?

ATS is a conspiracy forum which offers an opportunity to speculate and offer opinions and insights into all levels of disinformation.

Wonderful. Don't you think such speculation, insights, and opinions offered should come from an at least somewhat informed perspective? You began your post with "I've never watched this program" then proceed to tell us all about what's wrong with it.

You suggest mys speculation should come from at least a somewhat informed perspective???????? How do you suppose that they do not? Did I not post my speculations were based on decades of employment? Is this of no value in a conversation about employee relations? Are my insights gleaned from 50 years working in various adult work places not worthy of some credence in a speculative opinion?

And for a member who calls themselves Denyobfuscation you obfuscate abundantly. Point to where I proceeded to tell all about what's wrong with the show. I didn't. What I did was first admit that I had never seen the show. Clear and to the point.
I also pointed out that I have no knowledge of the shows specifics.

What I did was offer a position which finds that Mass Media can and does seek to mold public opinion through corporate sponsored programming offering some indications of possible motive. If this is to far afield for you to consider then I wonder further.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join