It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive ancient underground city discovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

They were hiding from the Biblical Watchers Children, The Nephilim Giants. They tormented man and even ate us humans. This place looks like an ant colony in a side view. I seen it on a Discovery or Nat Geo program. There was no other reason for them to go under ground like this. The Giants could not get in so they could rest easy when they wanted too. The Giants could knock down any kind of fortress they could build and doing this was really dangerous at the time. Only a desperate situation would have led to this.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Before the flood would explain our absolute lack of
knowledge and history involving such reclusions.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Contra argument. Could this have been an underground jail?
Sorry the idea is there but the facts don't match the idea.
Underground cities require food , water and fire for light. All of these things require replenishment. That implies organization to keep things going. I would think that would be difficult to do without writing or heaven forbid some form of government.
Hiding from the surface would only work if your enemies didn't have the means to do a siege.
OK I'll stop before I go off the deep end.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

I guess you didn't read my post on page two.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Some of the pictures show what appears to be soot on the ceilings.

It would make sense that the inhabitants would have used torches for lighting since electricity and light bulbs were several millennium in the future. But I have to wonder how the dwellers didn't succumb to oxygen deprivation or carbon monoxide poisoning. They were deep underground so there couldn't have been much air flowing through the tunnels.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!

I'm impressed with what we can accomplish in times of need or creativity. I would be interested to hear what our current engineers would have to say about this place if they were told to go in and study it.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Some artifact/s should be found in this place, so that some clues emerge of the people who lived there

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey just made an account (although i am casualy at ATS since 2005/2006) just to tell you guys that i am from cappadocia and that these Underground cities and the other (still Inhabited) cave houses are very fascinating stuff.

I can give you some background info on these things and for what they are used till today. As it was pointed out anatolia and espacialy cappadocia which is right in the middle of it were since ever either the target of migration or the passway to migrations from east to west/west to east. It has very fertile ground so people settled here. And to build caves is nothing exclusive to cappadocia, its in human nature so people also started making caves here. I think that people started to expand these caves out of the necessity to protect them from enemys or just troops passing by on their wayy from greece to persia or from persia to greece. capadoccia was always a disputed territory, it never realy belonged to greece or persia but their armys would either march trough cappadocia or better have a nice battle right here. so to protect not only their lives but also their livestock, agriculturell products and cultural things aswell as other trading goodies they started to dig ever deeper and expand the caves to a point were they could inhabit populations of 10-20 small villages or even more.
Till today they are used as perfect storerooms, houses ( it stays cold in the summer and warm in the winter with relativly small amounts of heating fuel) and for the livestock to hide from the midday sun.

BUT what is also very very intersting is what they did with all the rubble they brought from underground. I could tell you but i think it will be more fun to let you figure it out, since i know of the capacity of ATS members im sure someone will guess it

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: enkagiran
I would guess that the rubble was incorporated into other buildings/walls. That's just a wild guess, though...

Edit: By the way, welcome to ATS! Have a star!

edit on 1/3/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What a find! I see my initial thoughts were already posted so I just want to add what a geat thread this is and how much I appreciate the knowledge and information added by the posters. I know what Ill be researching tonight. Thanks ATS!

edit on 3-1-2015 by TopCat1 because: spelling lol

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

There was once a tradition, now long forgotten and known only to the particularly deranged, that when the first armada of extra-terrestrial explorers first orbited our Planet looking for signs of intelligent life the site they saw as most promising was Capadoccia, it seemed that there had been constructed fabulous cities;

As they descended to the surface to initiate contact they marveled at the majestic towers and graceful forms which suggested the inhabitants below had the highest aesthetic values and sensitivities;

But as they got closer and as per usual it all turned out to be natural geological formations though upon even closer inspection there did appear one or two hairy creatures emerging from fissures in the rocks and throwing stones in their general direction and they decided that now they were there they might as well work with those...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Thank you. Great find.

But I think there is some problem with the age of the underground cities.

There is little doubt in my mind that something incredible happened some 12600 years ago. Maybe the ancients were afraid a great disaster could happen again and maybe they built underground cities, but I think they only used the cities that were already there.

If you want you can read the following text and you know what I think. At the end of the text you can go to the content. The red dots are in English.

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Welcome and thanks for the info. Its very interesting.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

agreed, first thing I thought was what were they hiding from?
we are still building underground cities today only now they are secret cities.
maybe we are building these underground cities today for the same reason they were built thousands of years ago, the questions remains, what are we hiding from?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

no they made hills and they arranged the hills inline with the stars. If i find the video i will post it

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Cool an ancient underground base! I wonder what was going on during those times that people were like, we need to go underground!

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
some have suggested that it is not somewhere people lived for long periods of time. It is a fortress city in times of war and the kingdom was under siege they believe the people fled into this underground fortress to wait out the attack.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join