It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive ancient underground city discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
living in caves was naturally. Why build a house when basic caves are already there? Also it is natural and humanlike to enlarge the cave which is already there.
After the end of the last ice age when the ice started melting heavy rains occurred. In the ice age the rain wasn't that heavy. this heavy rains formed stone and caves, the water masses were immense.
There are a lot of advantages living in a cave respectively in a cave town.
To protect the vegetable food from moisture for storage. Protection from rain and storm. Protection against wild animals and against human enemies.
Another advantage is that it is unnecessary to organize building material. Also the stability and longevity are great.
For sure there are more advantages, too.

Hello Kantzi !
I am deeply impressed by your dream. Me too I am a intensive dreamer.
Some days before, I was thinking about the women which were pregnant with the children of the Nephilim. I thought for sure a "Kaiserschnitt" (cut the womb for birth) was necessary. I could imagine that normal humans had no interest at that time, that the children of these women have a chance to survive. What you saw in your dream sadly could have been reality.

best regards
lotusaugen

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lotusaugen
living in caves was naturally. Why build a house when basic caves are already there? Also it is natural and humanlike to enlarge the cave which is already there.
After the end of the last ice age when the ice started melting heavy rains occurred. In the ice age the rain wasn't that heavy. this heavy rains formed stone and caves, the water masses were immense.
To protect the vegetable food from moisture for storage. Protection from rain and storm. Protection against wild animals and against human enemies.
Another advantage is that it is unnecessary to organize building material. Also the stability and longevity are great.

That's the way I see it too, although I do see the caves here as possible Lava Tubes, including the sheer lengths given as well, and multiple openings and 'windows' in shallow areas, and they are big. It looks like they also had building skills to utilise to boot. Fascinating stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Yeah...well... esp and dreams are ...er, dreamy and uncertain, but I know they offer glimpses of truth... it's just sorting it out that's rather difficult.

I know of a group who used "psychic archeology" at the UofA in the 60's-80's and they had some interesting hits... and more often, misses! But the hits were indicative of something that, with refinement, could be quite useful someday.

I missed the correlation between the too large babies and whatever or whomever committed the atrocity... heh, wouldn't it be peculiar (and cool...for you, anyway) if it was announced they found burnt bone remnants there?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It would be cool but i don't expect they will, after all the caves were known and used throughout the historic period and they've spent the best part of two years down there before announcing this so i wouldn't expect anything surprising, but anyway there was and have been since many related events which cause me to take the information from that dream very seriously, but generally people who claim to be able to do this on demand are the most unreliable sorts.

a reply to: lotusaugen

Hi, yes my overall impression was they'd been exterminated for breaking somebodies idea of a Prime Directive, the babies cut out and then both torched, perhaps by avenging Angels with flame-throwers i dunno, perhaps a precedent to the Hebrews taking it upon themselves to exterminate the descendants of the Nephilim in Canaan, like i noted i started to come across more and more bodies the deeper in i went until i came across a very large number down in the depths all piled up and burnt.

edit on Kpm1231363vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday3031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
side view

I came across this image of a side view of a underground city and it immediately called to mind the shaft on Oak Island. Is it possible the island isn't an island but one of these mound like cities submerged. I'm not sure of the islands specs and such but I know there's tunnels running left and right and also multiple layers.

Just a thought from my limited knowledge.
edit on 1031Tue, 30 Dec 2014 16:53:10 -0600532014-12-30T16:53:10-06:00311000000012 by Strictsum because: image wasn't showing

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hello good people..
This is one of the findings which will change the course of our knowledge of history. I have 2 friends who work very close to the area. I will come back after I learn something from them more.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Besides the obvious shelter and protection the caves have a constant temperature somewhere between 17-20 C. That part of the world can have some extremes of temperature over seasons and night/day.

I nearly visited Cappadocia in Turkey - had my cave accommodation picked out and all - but in the end I chose Malta.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Has anybody given any thought to how these underground caves were excavated? 5000 years ago was long before the iron age and the invention of gunpowder. You don't really think these were dug by hand with copper or bronze implements, do you? This won't come to light because there is no logical explanation for them.
edit on 30/12/2014 by ShortStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Looks like a sewer. lol

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortStuff

I believe this type of rock is relatively soft and easy to excavate.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
New discovery? It looks like its surrounded by other buildings from the video you posted. This shows clearly it was known about a long time but only now they bother to mention it? Looked from what I saw like homeless were sleeping in there.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I suppose its interesting and pretty cool, it would be something to wonder through and see what you find. But they likely already did that. In all you link said that they were going to build some housing projects on top of it, that to is no surprise plenty of cities build on top of older cities, its the way it goes. They may as well get on with it, I seriously doubt that they will find anything to surprising, and hey, you never know. One day they may even need all that underground shelter so it may come in use for the people now living there, like it did for there ancestors.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Pistoche

I wonder if this site has similar doors to the ones discovered at Derinkuyu? Those things are engineering marvels in themselves considering there weight, location and the fact that only one individual was required to close them into place.

Look at the round rock that has a hole in it for window. Could it be that this round rock slid into place for a door to close? INERESTING.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Fascinating! You mentioned here what I have always wondered. That is why were these types of cities constructed. What was going on, on this planet that made these necessary? Was it too hot on the surface? Were there storms of meteors going on??? Were there perhaps Giants, or other nasties to hide from on the surface? Also i see that some of these have very low ceilings. Short statured inhabitants, or maybe it was simply that less material was removed this way, and that made it a little easier for construction. Not that removing solid rock would be very easy anyways......

Good Thread!

Thanx for the share.
Syx.

Thats a very good point. What was going on that the people had to move underground for some odd reason. Makes this even more interesting.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: lotusaugen

That's the way I see it too, although I do see the caves here as possible Lava Tubes, including the sheer lengths given as well, and multiple openings and 'windows' in shallow areas, and they are big. It looks like they also had building skills to utilise to boot. Fascinating stuff.

Smurfy, you are right.
I found the following:
The combined products from Erciyes- and Hasan Dag have produced the Cappadocian landscape as indicated in the ‘mushroom’ picture. These structures’ known as ‘fairy chimneys’ are weathering product, where relatively soft, less consolidated airfall ash is capped by resistant welded tuffs or lavas , the ‘cap’ being the latter material that has protected the ash from weathering. A closer inspection of these mushrooms, shows the ‘stem’ to be of fine grained variably stratified ash. Where sufficiently thick, these features have been easily excavated and make for excellent, if different dwellings.

link:
volcanocafe.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Hi, UmbraSumus,

as you supposed, see above !

Everybody a nice last day of this year !!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
One aspect that will be interesting with regards to these will be the possible hydro engineering, there is talk of fountains and reservoirs supplied by a distant water source.

The tunnels of the underground city are located under a conical-shaped hill and are wide enough for a car to pass through.

Özcan Çakır, associate professor at the Geophysics Engineering department of the 18 March University and involved in the excavations of the underground city, said they believe the tunnels were used to carry agricultural products.

“We believe that people, who were engaged in agriculture, were using the tunnels to carry agricultural products to the city. We also estimate that one of the tunnels passes under Nevşehir and reaches a faraway water source,” said Çakır.

New details but not much

a reply to: BlackProject

There were entrances into the upper caves from the back walls of peoples houses and cellars, looks like most were blocked up, so i think it's true the locals knew of them but seemingly had little interest, probably not really used much since the middle ages.

a reply to: cloaked4u

Yes they had those at Derinkuyu to roll across the passageways.

edit on Kam1231364vAmerica/ChicagoWednesday3131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

a reply to: lotusaugen

Hi, yes my overall impression was they'd been exterminated for breaking somebodies idea of a Prime Directive, the babies cut out and then both torched, perhaps by avenging Angels with flame-throwers i dunno, perhaps a precedent to the Hebrews taking it upon themselves to exterminate the descendants of the Nephilim in Canaan, like i noted i started to come across more and more bodies the deeper in i went until i came across a very large number down in the depths all piled up and burnt.

Dear Kantzveldt
IMO this is touching our mysterious past the deepest...
Hopefully we will find out more of the hidden truth in future.
May be we really have remembering inside us from long time ago. The deeper you went down in the depths the more bodies you saw. Could also be interpreted the more far back in the past, the more of them have existed and were exterminated. It must be something true about it. Because it would not touch us so much if there woudn't be any truth behind it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

I know Right!? Someone also mentioned that maybe solar radiation was heavy back then? Possible for a reason to do these constructions. Very possible actually. Too bad there were no records kept to the reason(s) for these cities. But some of the fun of all this is the speculation, eh!? Have a Good One! Syx.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortStuff

Many of you are unaware that limestone rocks are often much softer deep inside
than on the surface. It is relatively easy to cut once the tunnel is started.
Over tine the rock hardens.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join