It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers relocate Hawaii wedding so Obama can play golf

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I say this, how would Obama feel if in the future his daughter would have to move her wedding because a president wanted to play on?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You're not answering my question. Why is this important? How is this news?

And the simple answer to your question is that your scenario would never happen. Obama's daughters are celebrities in their own way, so any wedding that takes place in the future would be an event that would make at least 3rd page news. Hell, everyone in the media lost their collective crap when they learned Chelsea Clinton was pregnant.
edit on 30-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: WarminIndy

You're not answering my question. Why is this important? How is this news?

And the simple answer to your question is that your scenario would never happen. Obama's daughters are celebrities in their own way, so any wedding that takes place in the future would be an event that would make at least 3rd page news. Hell, everyone in the media lost their collective crap when they learned Chelsea Clinton was pregnant.

Because as an American, I reserve the right to what I consider as newsworthy to me. That's my privilege.

Oh, I heard Chelsea Clinton was pregnant. Not as big news as Duchess Kate being pregnant again.

Good for Chelsea, perhaps it might one day run for president too...lol.
edit on 12/30/2014 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So are we all caught up on what actually happened yet?

A. The wedding planner told the couple long in advance of the possibility they would have to move

B. The couple were fine with having to move, both when it was initially mentioned and when it became a reality

C. Nobody told Obama the wedding had to be moved

D. The couple had a great wedding, and actually bragged about Obama's phone call.

E. This was a golf course on a military base, not a public course. No other golfers (outside of enlisted) were inconvenienced.

F. Non-story.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

But... but... OBAMA. and GOLF.

He MAY have inconvenienced someone! This is breaking news!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You do realize the POTUS doesn't actually SEE that kind of mail, right? More than likely it was responded to with a canned, pre-typed message from someone very, very, VERY low on the totem pole. I seriously doubt the invitation was even read in its entirety. The person responsible for opening and replying had no inkling to pass up that date/place to anyone else. If the people going through the WH mail did that -- it would be a logistical nightmare. Come on, use a little bit of logic here.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'M DUMB PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POST. : )
edit on 30-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You forgot a part

G. People who simply want to hate anything Obama does, might have done or someone made up about him, choose to hate. For the sake of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Can't we just put obama in a rocket ship and shoot him into the sun? Gulf clubs and all? I would be more than happy to press the big red button for it to go bye bye!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The bride and groom don't seem too upset:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
The bride and groom don't seem too upset:

I wish Obama would call MY wedding. : (

"Uhhhh Let me be clear. Mrs. Railgun, she uhhhhh... She's a fine human being."

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If the President had an ounce of self respect, when he requests his stupid golf courses he would instruct whoever reserves for him not to inconvience anyone in the process.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If this had been say a gay couple, Obama would have cancelled his plans immediately, apologized to said gay couple for almost inconvenincing them and requested to attend their wedding while offering to pay all costs.

As someone said, he hates White Heterosexual Military folks, he only called to save face.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

If this had been say a gay couple, Obama would have cancelled his plans immediately, apologized to said gay couple for almost inconvenincing them and requested to attend their wedding while offering to pay all costs.

As someone said, he hates White Heterosexual Military folks, he only called to save face.
Hyperbole, thy name is Chuck.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Pardon my crudeness but I would tell him to F-off! I think Obama gets in enough golf time as it is... anytime something happens, how does the most powerful man in the world handle it? Go play golf or see a Beyonce' show!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Weddings are temporary. Golf is forever.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join