It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers relocate Hawaii wedding so Obama can play golf

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As the title says....

Before they could say "I do," President Obama needed to play through.

Two Army soldiers reportedly had to relocate their Hawaii wedding over the weekend so the commander-in-chief could play golf.

Bloomberg reports that the Army captains, Natalie Heimel and Edward Mallue Jr., had planned to get married at the 16th tee box at Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course, on Marine Corps Base Hawaii, on Sunday.

But just as they were finishing their wedding rehearsal on Saturday, they were told they'd have to move -- to accommodate the president's round the following day.

"It was emotional, especially for her -- she's the bride and in less than 24 hours they had to change everything they had planned," Mallue's sister Jamie McCarthy told Bloomberg.

Source

Pretty ridiculous to me. While the story continues on and says that they were given a prettier place to have their wedding and that Obama may not have known this happened and he called to wish them well after, I think it is insane that the golf course did not honor their contract with the couple.

They were army soldiers and the White House decided that Obama playing golf was more important than a wedding these two had likely taken a LONG time to plan.

Pretty sad that this happened, and even more sad at how many went along with it just because POTUS needed to play a round of golf.....disgusting abuse of power at it's finest here.
edit on 12/29/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Slow news day at Fox headquarters.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have to blame the people that run the course all the way. It's not like they didn't know there would be a conflict. Shame on them.

And as much as I don't like the man, I bet if he would have been told, he would have waited.
Heck, it would have made him look good, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Make way for the king!

"Sorry I realize this is a big day for you but I got a game to play, thanks for your service by the way"

Sad display Mister president.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Did some aquatic tart heave a sword at him earlier in the day?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The man's gotta golf! He's stressed you know...crumbling economy, perpetual war, growing police state, racial divide... What's a man to do? Surely you don't expect him to work on solving his countries problems....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I have to blame the people that run the course all the way. It's not like they didn't know there would be a conflict. Shame on them.

And as much as I don't like the man, I bet if he would have been told, he would have waited.

I would almost completely agree if it had not been for the fact that the couple had invited the POTUS to their wedding in a formal invitation and received a response back. The invitation included the golf course it was to be held at and was sent well prior to the date and they received a response prior to the date saying he could not make it.

Source

Either way, I just think it is pretty crappy that a couple that is serving in the US armed forces is forced to move their entire wedding simply because the POTUS wants to play a round of golf.....play at another course.....there are PLENTY in Hawaii.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A government truly there for it's people.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Slow news day at Fox headquarters.

Bloomberg actually....Fox just re-printed it.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh boy this is going to make the rounds with the obumer haters, like someone posted earlier must be a slow news day.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I call B.S.....they had it moved from the 16th tee box to an area a couple of hundred years away overlooking the 16th hole, which the original planners said was prettier anyways...same day, same location, just a couple of hundred yards away....geez, I agree, slow news day for FOX

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow.

Well & truly...

The straws have been grasped.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Nobody cares about the golfers that were displaced by a wedding. They might have saved for years to go play in hawaii, then denied.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Nobody cares about the golfers that were displaced by a wedding. They might have saved for years to go play in hawaii, then denied.

I don't think this was a walk on golf course.....you had to have a tee-time/reservation. When you call for one, if there was an event planned then you would be told. My guess is that this was actually a day in which the course was not open as well, such as a maintenance day or something of the sort, in which a wedding could be held on the 16th hole without disrupting anything.

Outside of the POTUS requesting it to be opened for a round of golf, it is likely this day would not have had any other golfers on the course.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe next time he'll request the "jus primae noctis".

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Maybe next time he'll request the "jus primae noctis".

LOL! Nice....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
He just did the same thing in Las Vegas when he was in town to sign the immigration bill. Had a "to be" couple removed from the Wynton Presidential Suite so he could be accommodated without notice. The best-man voiced his anger on the local news about the absurdity of the akward situation.
I apologize for not including the link as I'm on my phone and still learning, but it was headline news on both las vegas news 3 and news 8. I hope this reference is acceptable.
Regards!

(This was also done for a game of golf btw) what a guy...

edit on 29-12-2014 by TopCat1 because: left out more context that related to OP. oops

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He hates the military and heterosexuals, and white people so triple win for pResident mulligan.

originally posted by: chiefsmom

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There's got to be more to this story! reserve judgement.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
According to this, he called the bride and apologized. True or not, still tacky and disrespectful imo.

The Wedding

<<   2  3  4 >>

join