It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers relocate Hawaii wedding so Obama can play golf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Blaming the course, not the President in this one. The course should have honored their contract.
And honestly, I give Obama props here, because an article I read earlier today said that he didn't know the wedding was taking place on that day, and called to apologize to the couple. Which is better than nothing.

And apparently they got an even prettier spot. That was nice.

But really, when stuff like this happens, blame the people that didn't stay true to their contract, and that's the course.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You think barry looks at all of those invitations??

Can we say for sure that when he made the tee time the golf course made him/who ever was making the tee time aware that if they wanted to play he would be displacing a wedding?

Or was the golf course seeing dollar signs and didn't even mention it to them?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Don't feel bad, it seems Obama has received the same treatment before. If the wedding was more luxurious and extravagant, management wouldn't have given in so easily. When money talks, the President walks...

President Obama Rejected From Top NY Golf Courses Over Labor Day Weekend

President Obama was turned down at several top golf courses in Westchester while he was visiting the area over Labor Day weekend, sources tell NBC 4 New York.

Club managers apparently did not want to inconvenience their high-powered and high-paying members over Labor Day weekend by shutting down their courses to accommodate the president.

Trump National Golf Club Turned Away President Obama On Labor Day Weekend

Barack Obama had fundraising events in New York and Rhode Island over Labor Day weekend, so he thought he’d get in some golf. But Trump National Golf Club in Westchester treated the President like he was Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. “Last-minute reservations are not accepted at Bushwood, sir.

edit on 29-12-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Nobody cares about the golfers that were displaced by a wedding. They might have saved for years to go play in hawaii, then denied.

I don't think this was a walk on golf course.....you had to have a tee-time/reservation. When you call for one, if there was an event planned then you would be told. My guess is that this was actually a day in which the course was not open as well, such as a maintenance day or something of the sort, in which a wedding could be held on the 16th hole without disrupting anything.

Outside of the POTUS requesting it to be opened for a round of golf, it is likely this day would not have had any other golfers on the course.

When I was at MCB Kaneohe, it wasn't really what one would call "public access." The public can play it, but you have to stop at the base gate and sign in and get a pass and all that, and that was after signing up for a tee time I think. Not really sure because I wasn't there as a civvie.

My two cents: meh. Somebody should've said something at some point to somebody about it before hand.

Great course, awesome views. I don't even like playing golf (I always say I don't play golf, I play AT golf) and I liked playing there.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

If he did declare that I wonder which one of the two would get the special first night
jk

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's not just Obama. That happens with just about any VIP category people like royalty or party conventions. We had friends who had booked their honeymoon at a top hotel. Weeks before they are about to go on holiday, the hotel calls them up to say their booking had been cancelled, but couldn't give a reason or any alternative rooms. Weeks later, they are watching the news, and it's announced that an Arab royal family booked the entire block of rooms.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Shows how desperate the right wing media is to smear Obama.

You cannot blame him for this.

Blame his staff, yes, but not him. Suggesting that this is his fault personally is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Exactly, it is all about the money and those VIP guest bring in much more.

C.R.E.A.M

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is kind of sad...on one hand you'd think the president would easily just say...."hey lets make something work"....I know when I was in charge of my own squad id do about anything for the men and women serving under me.
edit on 29-12-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Again that is assuming he was made aware of it before hand.

It is easy to say that he extra did this, but when was he made aware that his actions caused it?

I doubt he is the one that makes his tee times, so yes blame the staff all you want but I doubt he knew until after the fact.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm loving all of the "Don't blame Obama" posts in this thread.

He called the couple to congratulate them, and still wasn't considerate enough to either postpone his golf outing for a few hours, or to another day.

As far as I'm concerned, he is to blame, as he has final say on his vacation schedule. Seriously, how difficult would it be to say "Hey, guys, if there's a wedding going on, let's play at another course." ?

But no. Obama has to get his way, as usual. This story is 'Par for the course' (sorry, but someone had to say it) as far as Obama, and his usually inconsiderate mentality goes.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This sounds like a story from a 3rd world country with a dictator that does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He probably did not know, but his people doing this for him are acting like he's the dictator.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sensationalize much? I've seen less yellow journalism on Miami local channel news, and that's saying something.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Very possible...but im sure he knows now and a quick apology should be coming...hopefully

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

It has already been done, he called and apologized.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

There's nothing "sensational" about the story. There is, however, plenty of indicators of the kind of person our President is.

You apologists are gonna need a lot of physical therapy after 8 years of obsequious prostration before this guy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, he called and apologized, and still played through.

What a thoughtful guy.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I'm loving all of the "Don't blame Obama" posts in this thread.

He called the couple to congratulate them, and still wasn't considerate enough to either postpone his golf outing for a few hours, or to another day.

As far as I'm concerned, he is to blame, as he has final say on his vacation schedule. Seriously, how difficult would it be to say "Hey, guys, if there's a wedding going on, let's play at another course." ?

But no. Obama has to get his way, as usual. This story is 'Par for the course' (sorry, but someone had to say it) as far as Obama, and his usually inconsiderate mentality goes.

and you don't think this happened with all other republican, as well as democratic presidents??......this is just a bunch of racist crap....Obama gettin' uppidty, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos
I was speaking more on the presentation here.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He wouldn't know. The whitehouse staff would say "Here's your schedule for the next month Mr. President; holiday two weeks, visit to this country, visit from this leader, visit to this conference, delegation from China". Behind the scenes, they would say, "Hello, is this the golf course? This is the Whitehouse, we're looking for a booking for the president and his security team. It's an open venue, so you can expect press and photographers to be present." And the hotel will ask "OK, so you want to make a reservation for the whole hotel? It'll keep security simple." "OK, Do what you have to do."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join