It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: Avatar Creations 2015

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nice job as usual.

P

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Here's my take on it

Any changes you want (If you want this one) Just let us know and we'll be right on it

Cody

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I've been looking at this pic for a while and I just have to ask something. It looks so much like a painting. How did you do that? Is there a filter on photoshop that you used? Also, the archway looks cool. Did you create that yourself or is it from an actual pic? If you're like a stage magician and prefer to keep things to yourself, that's cool. It's just really neat and it made me curious.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
BFFT & Cody
Wow I see I missed alot since I've been gone. Very nice work & especially
BFFT getting that out of focus picture to look so good!

I left Thur morning & had to go to TN cause me mums condo sold.
She passed away a year ago in April...so the siblings & I had to meet there
to divide everything up...2 with trucks & me with a small trailer. It was the
saddest & most loneliest drive home yesterday & so hard trying not to cry all
day because I was driving.
Got up this morning & had to go to storage then I dropped off the trailer. I
didn't know what to do after that...just lonely & lost. I couldn't nor wanted
to do anything when I got home so I slept...
I guess moving her things here was the definite end...we were very close.

I hope to be back soon as I truly miss ALL of you & miss trying to be creative.

Cheers
Ektar

It REALLY sucked to have NO internet service while I was gone!
edit on 1782015 by Ektar because: added more info

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

well, i do use a filter or two. But there are a set of actions (macros) that i use that apply some prerecorded steps for me as well. The trick is getting the trim straight, getting the perspective straight, getting the shadows and lighting straight, and getting the pitch/hue straight. Then i can do effects and what not. Sometimes it involves using techniques to isolate colors, or using blur to soften the lines in an image to make it blend.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In other words, it's a lot of work and talent. It turned out wonderful. The original pic was so grainy that I was afraid nothing could be done with it and here you produced a work of art. Thanks again. I love it.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

well...experience and friends who share actions you can use. The "talent" is in seeing shapes and colors. I am more of a color than shape, because my drawing sucks.

But i am glad you liked it. If you want it "full length", see page 1 of this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hey, that's awesome. I still had my other avatar showing in the back and I didn't know what was going on. Bigfatfurrytexan sent me to this post. Pretty simple, really. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I just came to ATS to post in the thread giving my condolences about Bonnie passing away, and thought I would stop in to say hi to all of you!

I am doing fine these days and glad to see everyone still up to the same old same old.. hope all are well.

My love to all of you!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

well...you are missed.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks BFFT..

I might be getting a little better with my photoshopping skills.. working on it.. soon I will be getting a new camera so as to take better pictures with, and then I will be unstoppable! (Insert evil laugh here.. lol)

still having some issues with lighting and depth, although I will be getting a new pair of glasses fairly soon and that will probably help that somewhat as I have astigmatism in both my eyes which effects certain things..

I have done a couple pieces lately and am about to enter another just for fun contest.. hopefully in the next year I will be at the level I would like to be. I have to say though, I would never have gotten anywhere with any of this if not for all you guys cheering me on, even when I sucked! (although I still suck I think, just a bit less than I used to!)

edit on 19-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Got up this morning & had to go to storage then I dropped off the trailer. I
didn't know what to do after that...just lonely & lost. I couldn't nor wanted
to do anything when I got home so I slept...

You never need to feel lonely or lost Ektar

We're here for you my friend, this isn't all about avatars, it's about friendship and being there for each other as well. I'm sorry about your mum and it must have been a difficult time of closure for you. Regardless of how you feel you have us here to help you through it, if you so wish.

If not I can respect that as well,

You're a friend, and we stick by our mates around here

Cody

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

And love right back at you

It's great to see around again OB I've no doubt whatsoever that your skills are improving in leaps and bounds, and we always keep a seat by the coffee machine for you

Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Um..you know..3 more pics that I would like to see what you can do with??
This time, I would love it if whoever decides to fix these for me would sign the avatar somewhere. I feel like you should be recognized for your work. You all do such great things here..

Thanks to whoever has the time..

blend57

wow, these pics are huge..sorry..
edit on 21-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Been an admirer of this thread and the work you guys do for a while. You guys are great

I'd love to see if you guys can come up with anything for me with these pics? get rid of the writing if possible?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Yep same again

It'll be tomorrow before I get a chance but the other artists may well chip in before that, bare with us, we're all a tad busy with RL at the moment, but I don't think we've let a request down so far.

Dozing off in 3..................2.....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cody

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I've just finished a 15 hour day so forgive me for passing tonight, but tomorrow after work I'll have a look, this could be fun

Cody

ETA: posted in the wrong order I'm off to bed

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Artsy with that one perhaps? Just a thought, decided I would jump into the thread for a second! Don't know what you might be going for with your request.. so I am just throwing this out there as a possible

edit on 21-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

And I also went ahead and did your other girl..

Just trying to be helpful... again, didn't know what you might have in mind, so I came up with my own idea.

And I did another rendition of the artsy one for you:

(in case you liked the style anyway)

and I am sorry, but I cannot think of anything to do with your other one.. it seemed to only need resized really.. but maybe someone else will have an idea for it.
edit on 22-8-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Oh wow, these are beautiful. Tyvm for doing this. They will be perfect...if you would sign them somewhere..
I am looking for your name/initials on my avatars just like a painter would sign a painting...

I absolutely love them..ty,

blend57
edit on 22-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join