It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS: Avatar Creations 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We're going to make this thread an annual event.
We will have the link to the previous years in the OP of each new thread.

BTS : Avatar Creations 2014
BTS: Avatar Creations...the Original

A place where the ATS artists and the avatar-challenged can continue to meet and share info to create that "perfect" avatar.....the new thread dedicated to requests for avatars and those who are willing to help create them.

Pixel Space: The new "visible" space for background images is 198 pixels wide and 420-480 pixels tall depending on other factors in your mini-profile and what type of computer is being used to view the site (example: tablet vs. PC).

Based on this, the recommended size for the most common member profile (1 line or no custom title) is 200 X 435. If a two-line custom title is used, the recommended size is 200X445

Also, please review the Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds and Terms and Conditions
and

ATS Avatars should be no larger than 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 75kb.

ATS Mini-Profile Backgrounds should be no larger than 200 pixels wide by 700 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 150kb.

ATS Signature Images should be no larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 50kb.

The posting of any image that violates the ATS Terms & Conditions will result in an immediate account termination.

How to re-size your mini-profile background image for ATS 5/3

Enjoy!!!

What Helps the Avatar Creator

• If you have an image you would like please post it and let us know what you are looking for.
  • Do you have a basic idea of what you want?
  • Do you want it Masculine, Feminine, or Neutral in nature?
  • Do you have a color base you would like it to be?
  • Are you looking for an Avatar, Background, Signature or combinations of them?
  • Are you looking for an animated Avatar or Signature?(animated backgrounds are not allowed)

**thanks to Agarta for the avatar tips!!

• posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Agarta, from the old thread

The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.

Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.

or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif

At the top of the main page, click on the small arrow (highlighted below) to reveal a drop down menu.

Select ‘upload’ (shown above) and it will go to this page;

You now need to upload your invisible gif to the site. Click the upload feature in the top left of the page to bring up this window;

Click on select files, and select the image from your computer.

IMPORTANT: To get the image to upload, you must then click the upload icon to activate it.

Once you have activated it, the picture will upload below the icon, and say 100% when it is finished. The images box will then close.

Locate and click on the invisible avatar picture. It should be at the top left, as it will be your newest upload. Then click on the small man icon as shown below to set it as your avatar.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the invisible gif code already posted, simply select the same drop down bar and select ‘account’ to the left (shown below). Then copy and paste the code into the ‘your avatar’ space as shown. Remember to remove the space between the h and the t at the beginning or the code will not work.

Now you need to place your background. Select and upload the image of your choosing by following the same steps above for avatar pictures above. Bring up the toolbar from the drop down arrow, and select ‘upload.’
    Select the file from your computer, and then click on the cloud icon to begin the upload.
    Once this is finished, click on the newly uploaded picture and select the small window icon (shown below) to set the image as your background.

You should now have a full length background with an invisible window in front.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:49 AM
    link   
    Yay we're up and running

Happy new year one and all

Thanks DTOM for an awesome intro, here's to another year of fun, friends and collaboration.

Let's make it the best year yet

Cody

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:53 AM
    link   
    All shiny and new for 2015

I've seen some wonderful designs last year.

Many of our members have some real talent. Looking forward to this year's crop of creation.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:44 PM
    link   
    Thank you DTOM for a wonderful opening post.

We should be able to easily refer members here for the instructions.

Well done!

P

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
    link   
    And they're off! Additionally the new thread is open! lol
    Can't wait to see all the lovely new creations. woo hoo.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
    link   
    And the gang's all here....

Well. Better get started on setting up the new Batcave.

Somebody hand me a shovel.....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:29 PM
    link   
    Start her off with the end of last years most recent ones I've done!

And a totally new one

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:31 PM
    link   
    It's good to see so many up and about in the new thread.

And, Happy New Year to all!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:31 PM
    link   
    mmmmm, smells like a 'new car' smell

Oh wait, it's a new thread smell!! LOL

Happy New Year Day everyone....
    (wonder how many are nursing hangovers ??

New year, new thread, new clothes.....cooool

Okay, here's my first for 2015
    Free to good home....

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:09 AM
    link   
    a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

S&F
    I'm glad this thread is up and running.
    Please save a seat for me.

Here is an avatar for winter, up for grabs.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:30 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Send me some snow please.

Got to 43.9C today, that is 110F for all the US. Stayed at that temp most of the day.

Had to make sure my dog stayed inside. Weather like this turns my Alaskan Malamute into a hotdog.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:41 AM
    link   
    a reply to: pheonix358

Sorry P. , no snow here , only rain.

We have a pleasant 15 Celsius here in Lebanon, nothing like the frosty winters I'm used to in Canada.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:10 AM
    link   

originally posted by: snarky412
    ....Happy New Year Day everyone....

Guilty as charged your honour!
    ugggh!
    Never again! until after lunch...

G

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:28 PM
    link   
    a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Wow RR your new Background is beautiful!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:20 PM
    link   
    Over the last 4 days it has snowed, it has rained, it has sleeted, and it has frozen rained. Along with a thick layer of ice forming over everything. UPS has stopped delivering, as has FedEx.

Nice on the one hand, but on the other it is killing the business.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:00 PM
    link   
    a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And where we are right now it topped 44.8C (113F) yesterday and is creeping at 37C (99F) today. Added to which there is an out of control bushfire burning towards the city right now, and homes have already been lost. It sucks.

Going home on Tuesday, where it has been raining for almost two weeks straight, so flooding is going to become a reality in the next week if it doesn't stop.

Gotta love the extremes of this world sometimes hey.

edit on 2/1/2015 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
    link   
    a reply to: 74Templar

I am listening to the constant drone of water bombing aircraft together with thunder and lightning but sadly, no rain.

P

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:58 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: snarky412
    ....Happy New Year Day everyone....

Guilty as charged your honour!
    ugggh!
    Never again! until after lunch...

G

HA....luckily New Years is only once a year!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:02 PM
    link   
    a reply to: pheonix358

The thunder and lightning especially is the scary part. Given the north winds yesterday, the place is just a tinderbox right now. I'm down south, far enough away, but I have friends in Williamstown, Golden Grove and Holden Hill, two of three have evacuated already.

The scariest part is how eerily similar to Ash Wednesday this all is...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join