It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Arafat poisoned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Accusations continue to emerge that Yassar Arafat may have been poisoned. Arafat's nephew, Nasser al-Kidwa, has made accusations that his uncle was poisoned. Al-Kidwa happens to be the Palestinian envoy to the UN, which gives his comments serious political signifiance in an already uneasy environment between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Although, Al-Kidwa can't point to any specific evidence, he cites the fact that doctors can't dismiss poisoning as a reason it may be likely. Similar accusations have been made other Palestinians in the past month as well.

www.canada.com
After handing the 558-page medical dossier to interim Palestinian president Rauhi Fattouh , Al-Kidwa said French doctors could not rule out poisoning but had not found traces in Arafat's body of "any poison known to them."

"Examinations of X-rays and all imaginable tests...are still with the same results, the inability of reaching a clear diagnosis," Al-Kidwa said in English during a news conference.

"That is precisely the reason why suspicions are there, because without a reason you cannot escape the other possibility...that there is unnatural cause for the death," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Perhaps the Palestinians are trying to piggy-back on the Ukraine situation, but it certainly seems to be possible that there is credence to this theory given the level of hostility between the parties involved. Regardless, I'm not sure such accusations could be beneficial to the situation, even if they are accurate. Given that Arafat was penned up for roughly a year or so in his compound, seems like we could have a permanently cloudy situation.

Related News Links:
www.zaman.com
www.dailytimes.com.pk

Related ATS Discussions
Arafat Poisoned?
Palestinian Official Says There Is No Evidence Israel Poisoned Arafat.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by pandoras_box]

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can't be sure if he was or he wasn't. Can't be sure of what is the cause of death. Can't be sure of why he was ill. Are we ever sure that they can't be sure ? Or they tell us they can't be sure or no one is really sure why they can't be sure ? Why did this article ever make the news ?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yawn, desperate conspiracy theories by desperate individuals.

You can't make an argument from a standpoint of no evidence if you really want to be considered credible. If there was no evidence of poisoning then to suggest that he was poisoned is laughable.

Not only was Arafat manipulated for political reasons when he was dying, his farsical dead / not dead episode showed him as merely a pawn in greater machinations. But now AFTER he is dead he is still being used for propaganda and poltical spin.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The monster was 75 years old people...

If the PLO wanted to kill him, it'd have been done with a bullet.
If the Isrealis wanted to kill him, it'd have been done with a rocket.

Neither of the prime suspects would use poison.

Isrealis knew all they had to do was bide their time, and that Arafat would keel over sooner rather than later.

Poisoning Arafat is a bit like shooting a one legged dog trying to attack you, it's simply unnecessary...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Why claim poisoning?

Maybe it's to cover the fact that Arafat is suspected of dying of AIDS.

There's got to be some reason for pushing the story.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
...the poisoning cash in the ukraine is still fresh and might have better change of selling to the public than AIDS....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The news yesterday was the French doctors said it was not poison. They were the ones working on that old fossil.
While Shmuel Toledano was the Director of the Mossad (yes I know they could be a little predjudice) that group reported frequent interceptions of Arafats cell phone while he was having sex with his male body guard. Aids is far more likely.
I would be more interested in where his over $900 million dollars are going.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I say this was another French conspiracy. >>

Remember 1997 and Princess Diana, it was claimed the French killed her, might as well blame the French on this one also.

I said it the other day I will say it again if the Nephew has the authority he can order his own autopsy by his own doctors. It is simple as that. Exhume the body, how hard is that?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

as posted by shots
Exhume the body, how hard is that?

Taking into account where he is buried, the Palistinian's will undoubtedly not agree with this above quoted action and understandably so. As such, the theories will continue to abound, on both sides.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

as posted by shots
Exhume the body, how hard is that?

Taking into account where he is buried, the Palistinian's will undoubtedly not agree with this above quoted action and understandably so. As such, the theories will continue to abound, on both sides.

Why Seeker are their laws that different then Palistinian laws. One would think if a family member had some doubts they could oder one if they wanted. Or am I missing something here. I understand what you said, it just does not sense. Is the location they buried him in so special? I know I must have missed something in the news or you would ot have said what you did. Can you perhaps explain. Thanks

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Arafat is seen as a national figure.
None of the family members wish his body to be dug up. Why? Because they already have the reports and such indicating possibly how Arafat died and from,what causes, etc.
Now that he is buried, to simply go and dig the body up to prove how he died will amount to one big fruitless task and perhaps another body or two added to the grave site: those of the people who try to dig his body up.

The Palestinian's will not allow, and rightly so, Arafat's body to be dug up.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Arafat is seen as a national figure.
None of the family members wish his body to be dug up. Why? Because they already have the reports and such indicating possibly how Arafat died and from,what causes, etc.
Now that he is buried, to simply go and dig the body up to prove how he died will amount to one big fruitless task and perhaps another body or two added to the grave site: those of the people who try to dig his body up.

The Palestinian's will not allow, and rightly so, Arafat's body to be dug up.

seekerof

Ok gotcha, this Nephew must be an outcast of sorts and does not count.

That would make sense if he is just trying to make waves. I had assumed and more then likely wrong that this individual may have been speaking for the family since he was a nephew and that appears to be a wrong assumption on my part.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Don't forget that Arafat was in hospital for well over a week before he died, during that time they would have strenuously tried to work out what was ailing him.

After he died they had that stupid hiatus over was he alive or not. During that time they would have been investigating as well.

If they don't know by now they never will.....

This statement about pisoning may not be for the international community but more for local palestinian consumption.

Now that they are looking for a leader, any leader who engages with the Israelis for peace may go against the wishes of Arafats family.

By making out that israel killed him they further demonise Israel and make it harder for the new leader to look for peace with israel.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'd really see no point in anyone poisoning him when you consider his appearance latey was that of a hairless, shrivelled scrotum and he was obviously on his last legs anyway. It was just a matter of time until he died, no need to go to the trouble.

It's probably a word of mouth campaign to create more fear and hatred amongst the Palestinians, and to make sure a leader who may want peace does not get in.

It's amazing how rumours get started and the suddenly become fact down the road isn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well...my husband did a bible code research on Arafat last year, and he was encoded with assassinated...so i guess "poisining" is an option ....

Arafat was not doing much for the Amaz anymore...so maybe they decided to get him out of the way ?

new topics

top topics

join