It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Arafat Poisoned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
In the past the Israelis have made it clear to the world that they would like to be rid of Yasser Arafat. But would they be willing to poison him to make it happen? According to the following news article a Palestinian diplomat accused the Israelis yesterday of poisoning Yasser Arafat....

NY Daily News.com Full Article

"The doctors until now could not diagnose precisely what is wrong with him, but it is believed there is a poison," Ali Kazak, who heads the Palestinian delegation to Australia, told the Herald Sun newspaper in Melbourne.

"It could be poison because they have checked everything, and his body is in good health, there is no cancer, it is not leukemia."

Arafat's doctor, Ashraf Kurdi, told the Al Jazeera satellite TV network that, "Arafat's health condition makes poisoning a strong possibility."

Israelis, who gave Arafat safe passage from his West Bank compound to a French military hospital last week, denied the charge.

"It's absolute nonsense; it's completely ridiculous," an Israeli government source said. Kurdi has not yet diagnosed Arafat's mysterious blood ailment, and last night the 75-year-old Palestinian leader was hovering "between life and death."

"He is in a coma," Leila Shahid, the Palestinian envoy to France, said. "We don't know the type, but it's a reversible coma. He may or may not wake up. All vital organs are functioning."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the world of conspiracies, sometimes there is no clear truth, only motive and speculation.

If this allegation against the Israelis was true it is quite possible it will never be proven.

To the Palestinians this could be the common perception.. They know the Israelis have tried to take the life of their leader in the past.

News From The Past:

Israel 'considers killing Arafat'

Related Current ATSNN and ATS discussions:

TOP STORY: Arafat Opens Eyes, Communicating - Israeli Report

Why do people say Arafat is a terrorist?

NEWS: Sharon Will Not Allow Arafat Burial at Al Aqsa

[edit on 6-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ive given this opinion in several threads on this issue. I do not think the Mossad would do so. Its a Zero Sum game for them. I would look at an internal power struggle before the Mossad. If it was revealed that they had killed Arafat, it would get pretty bad for them and you may face the prospect of a large scale war. Isreal had managed to marginalize him and keep him confined in gaza so why would they do this at this time?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is what I thought initially. Arafat, frankly, has never looked healthy to me, but with all the speculation of blood disorder, cancer, and no real definitive cause, it seemed to me like an assassination attempt.

Seems like the Israelis are getting a little defensive toward the notion, too. Guilty consciences?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wonder if they checked for Mad Cow.

Would'nt that be something if thats what he had?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well, I could see this theory coming from a mile away ...

I won't deny that the Israelis would do such a thing if they thought the benefit of being rid of Arafat worth the risk. But no matter how I add it up, I don't think it likely that they would consider it so.

If it turns out that it is poison, then in addition to the Israelis, one would have to consider several of the Palestinian "leadership" as prime suspects.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If anything, I would tend to think that this was the work of members of the PLO itself, Arafat's power and influence in the world has diminished to the point where any future progress would have to come from new leadership.

If I were to point the finger it would be within this circle of people. Israel would have nothing to gain as they already had Yasser contained to Ramallah and were happy to have him confined there. Though it is not beyond them to do this, I do not see this as having results that would move toward a peace process, it would probably only instigate further military action and continued terror attacks from the Palestinians.

That said, if escalation of the conflict is what Israel wants, then this would be a way to ensure it.

I have talked myself into confusion.....
..... again...... oh those voices in my head.....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ummm DeltaChaos...

Seems like the Israelis are getting a little defensive toward the notion, too. Guilty consciences?

That's almost laughable.
Defensive comes from the million's of half-cocked claims and assertions that have continually been leveled at the Jews, and the nation of Israel.
I mean geezus, let's begin with the universally infamous Jewish World Conspiracy theories and the like, shall we?

Yeah....I guess it would be inconcievable to see why the Israelis would blantantly deny another such unconfirmed 'conspiracy' theory...

seekerof

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Jack.... In the past the Israelis have voted at the government level to kill Yasser Arafat.

That alone sets the stage for a conspiracy.

No matter what the world thinks of Arafat. He has been named a target by the Israelis.

Even if Arafat dies of natural causes there will be many who will believe that he was somehow killed by the Israelis.

In my opinion the Israelis would have been better off to just bomb his compound with him inside.

When Arafat does pass away you will see why I said this.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Geez, seek...

You seem more defensive than the Israeli official responding to the notion initially. Guilty conscience?

Relax, brother.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sunday, 14 September, 2003,

BBC Full Article: Israel 'considers killing Arafat'

The Israeli Government does not exclude killing Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, a cabinet minister has said.

In an interview with Israel Radio, Deputy Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said it was now only a practical question of how to get rid of Mr Arafat.

"His expulsion is an option, his liquidation is another option. It is also possible to confine him to prison-like conditions," Mr Olmert said.

The US Secretary of State Colin Powell said Washington had told the Israelis that it did not support "either the elimination or the exile of Mr Arafat".

Last week the Israeli security cabinet said it had agreed in principle to - as they put it - remove Mr Arafat, but deliberately left the meaning of the word open, says the BBC's Nick Thorpe in Jerusalem.

The Israeli Government is making no secret of the fact that it now lumps the Palestinian leader together with officials of militant organisations like Hamas, our correspondent says.

But Sunday's Israeli cabinet meeting gave no clue as to when any move might take place.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Come on people.... Conspiracies are what ATS does best!

[edit on 6-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Probubly not related, but I watched the last video of Arafat with several of his supporters around him. (he was in his jam-jams)

What I noticed is the guy on the left was holding his hand, and Arafat made a movement as if he were going to kiss his hand, and the man pulled away and refused it as if to avoid germs.

I found that very interesting.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
What I noticed is the guy on the left was holding his hand, and Arafat made a movement as if he were going to kiss his hand, and the man pulled away and refused it as if to avoid germs.

Very interesting indeed Smirk - germophobe or consciousness of guilt?

I was watching CNN last night and they said that some of the mosques were calling it a poisoning and affixing blame on the Israelis. But could they have gotten that close to him? I don't know but if it was ever proved that he was poisoned I would think it was probably someone in his inner circle.

Just my 2cents.

B.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Probubly not related, but I watched the last video of Arafat with several of his supporters around him. (he was in his jam-jams)

I found that very interesting.

I thought that at first as well when all the media was showing that short clip. Then a few days later I saw an extended version a few times and what the guy on the left was doing was pulling Arafats hand to his mouth to kiss his hand instead of the dazed out leader kissing the hand of a lower pee on.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Very interesting indeed Smirk - germophobe or consciousness of guilt?

I was watching CNN last night and they said that some of the mosques were calling it a poisoning and affixing blame on the Israelis. But could they have gotten that close to him? I don't know but if it was ever proved that he was poisoned I would think it was probably someone in his inner circle.

Just my 2cents.

B.

If I'm correct, Israel monitored and controlled everything that went in and out of the compound he was in. It would not be hard to slip some poisen into his favorite dish..

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Maybe it was the US.....

This central truth has important implications for any Middle East peace process. For one spoke of the terrorist network consists of Yasser Arafat and the leadership of the Palestinian Authority. Although your critics in the United States, Europe and the Arab world suggest that you and your administration bear some responsibility for the lack of political progress between Israel and the Palestinians, they are mistaken. As Secretary of State Powell recently stated, the present crisis stems not from �the absence of a political way forward� but from �terrorism�, terrorism in its rawest form.� That terrorism has been aided, abetted, harbored, and in many instances directed by Mr. Arafat and his top lieutenants. Mr. Arafat has demonstrated time and again that he cannot be part of the peaceful solution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He demonstrated it in July 2000, when he rejected the most generous Israeli peace offer in history; he demonstrated it in September 2000, when he launched the new intifada against Israel; and he demonstrated it again these past two weeks when, despite the hand you offered him through Vice President Cheney, he gave sanction to some of the worst terrorist violence against Israeli citizens.

And...

Israel�s fight against terrorism is our fight. Israel�s victory is an important part of our victory. For reasons both moral and strategic, we need to stand with Israel in its fight against terrorism.

See this site for more info.

Others associated with this organization...Donald Rumsfeld, Jeb Bush, Dick Cheney and more.
See bottom of this page.

Saddam's out of the way, then Arafat, then hmmmm.... I wonder who might be next.....Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You know what I believe it, I believe that arafat has been poisened during a extended period of time, to make it more natural.

But taking him out of the picture is not going to make the situation anybetter in the gaza strip, I wonder if the mission of Israel together with the help of the US is to take over palestine once and for all.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Uh huh...

The man is 75 years old and has been quivering from various ailments for years.

If he was a 30 year old man in perfect health and was suddenly struck down by odd illnesses I would consider this idea. But honestly, the guy has had one foot out the door for YEARS. There's been talk of Parkinsons, other neuro ailments, cancer, I don't even know what else. And yet some of you will act completely shocked when he takes ill!

Oh my god my 88 year old grandmother passed away, I sense foul play! So she had 4 heart attacks in 2 years, irrelevant!! Her neighbor didn't like how she used to knit sweaters. It's murder I tell you.

Oh and Delta, the same way some people get off on accusing others of things, some people enjoy defending others against stupidity. Seeker did nothing worse than defend Israel against trumped up chargers tossed around by irresponsible clowns who have no proof other than "dislike" for Arafat. Get it through your head, if they wanted the guy dead they could have and would have done it dozens of times in the past 30 plus years. I would have done it when he was actually relevant. Now? Hey whatever makes you happy buddy.

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Doesn't matter.

Some will swear he was poisoned.
Some will swear he was not.
It will never be proven to anyones satisfaction.

Fingers point back and forth ad infinitum.

Now HE is the PUPPET..!

and, as Djarums said...He's been sick for a while...add that to his age, and the eventual outcome is pretty clear..

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If the Israelis had done the deed it would have originated from a distance and caused others to be poisoned too. If the bistid was poisoned ;his own friends did it. I consider this bit of news my consolation prize

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I totally get where you are coming from but....

Originally posted by Djarums
Oh my god my 88 year old grandmother passed away, I sense foul play! So she had 4 heart attacks in 2 years, irrelevant!! Her neighbor didn't like how she used to knit sweaters. It's murder I tell you.

Your grandma isnt the leader of a country that many in the US government seem to have a problem with.

Its possible. Even probable depending on who you ask. People kill their elderly relatives that didn't die fast enough for them all the time, and that's just for insurance money. We're talking about politics here. And people say money is the root of all evil.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join