It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 400 passengers are trapped on a burning Italian ferry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm praying for them. Everyone should pray they need all the positive energy and thought in the world right now

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There's 1 person confirmed dead, 2 people injured, over 100 people have been rescued so far.
Rescue crews from both Italy and Greece are working through the night to get people to safety.
I believe the rescued are being mainly taken to Italy.
An Italian tug boat has already arrived.

www.marinetraffic.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Greek authorities said the person that died was a Greek man, who died while being rescued.
190 people have been rescued, 287 are still on board.
Reports now say that up to four are injured according to Greek authorities.
The fire has been "tamed" according to Italian authorities.

Two Italian air force helicopters, one Greek air force helicopter, and several planes and boats/ships are taking part in the rescue.
Winds are up to 88kph.

Command of the operation was transferred to Italian authorities as the wind pushed the ferry out of Greek waters.

Most passengers are Greeks, many are elderly and children.
But there's also Germans, Italians, Austrians, French, Turks and Dutch on board, lots of them are truck drivers.

It's almost 1.30am in Greece right now.
In about 3 and a half hours a Greek navy frigate will arrive, along with several other ships including a support ship where passengers will be airlifted to if necessary.
edit on 28-12-2014 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Scores Still Trapped on Norman Atlantic in Adriatic Sea

All day and night, passengers huddled on the vessel's upper decks, pelted by rain and hail and struggling to breathe through the thick smoke. By early Monday, 316 people had been evacuated, leaving 161 more still trapped on board the burning ship

Rumors on Tv news says 4 more identified people have died, but that has not been confirmed yet.

edit on MonMon, 29 Dec 2014 05:08:25 -06001AMkuMondayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

the link says all are rescued off the ferry and 7 are dead, 2 more bodies were spotted monday afternoon

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This time, the captain was the last to leave the ship.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

I had read that,good for him

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Yes it keeps updating the article.
The ship has been evacuated but the Italian newspaper La Repubblica now states, that there are 8 people dead and 38 missing .
(probably some of them jumbed in the sea or were trapped somewhere inside the tragic ship)
And the authorities are afraid the number of dead passengers will be higher.
Their families must have gone crazy now, I really hope they'll find them alive.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It's not that catastrophic in the end. After the nightmare south-korean ferry sinking in april I was starting to be nervous.
It'd be too much in a year.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It may be hard to call this a "good news" story, but thankfully they were able to save all but ten. I understand two Albanian rescuers must be added to that toll, sadly...

I hope all the injured recover well

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Lets consider some facts about the accident and there is a new boat accident in the same spot today! A boat today transmitted SOS near Kerkyra again, with 700 ilegal immigrants! you can search it.

facts

1) Fire started in 3 different spots at the same time and from the garage
2) for 4 hours my country didnt reacted to the calls for the fire. There was a delay of taking actions for about 4 hours. Because the ship was in the Hellenic seas when it happened and after 4 hours, the ship was in Italian seas.
3) the same day the Hellenic government resigned... we go for elections now
4) The ship have had many illegal immigrants inside it (?!)
5) The captain and the shipowner got arrested and both Italians and the crew was mostly italians and albanians.
6) Italy have the habit of sinking ships with immigrants... Because they dont want more immigrants.
7) the passenger list they gave in the public media was faked. Nobody knows still how many missing, speculating about 30 Hellenes .
8) Albania offered to accept the boat in their port but when the information about illegal immigrants (Albanians included) came into surface, they stepped back.

so lets make some maths here.

1) some disturbing reports from the saved passengers. Italian authorities, first saved the italians and the crew, they left all the passengers onboard the ship for last and they didnt even gave them some medical supplies or water to drink while onboard the ship. There was only 1 personel sharing life jackets, all the rest saved their lives first and abandoned the ship.

2) When the fire started, passengers reported, that dozens of pakistani, iraqi, turks, arabas appeared and start beating up people! Some of them jump into sea and died.
The end result is that all the crew saved safely without injures including the captain and the passengers waited for some help onboard the ship!

3) There is a scenario, why they left the ship uncontrolled and travelling alone, because in the btm of the ship, may have hundrends of illegal immigrants hiding and or dead by now... So they avoided to save the ship, because the whole thing would come into surface. So they let it burn and sunk....(it still travelling alone though...) - rumors say that these illegal immigrands are isis. They cant travel from Hellas to other eu countries, because of a eu bill. So my country is not a friendly stop for the other EU countries... they move into europe with different ways.

ps: now that a far left party is being promoted in my country, named Syriza, one of the things they will do, is to report this bill, so all immigrants would be free to travel in all european countries.

Thats their goal now... to spread the locust...

Now you know
(I predict new ellections for my country, after 6-8 months of Syriza rulership). As for the ship, it is strange, because I am studying marines and always if the ship can be pulled (saved), they do it, because they earn money from the iron (recycle). The boat still travelling alone and nobody cares. Italy wants that ship to be sunked. And I wonder how is it possible, albanian tug small ships came to pull the boat and they died... (?)
edit on 30-12-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Read today that there are still 100 people missing and noone knows where they are. There is a freighter missing too, that had come to help the ferry and took rescued passengers onboard.
Makes you really wonder...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
any updates on the 100 more missing and freighter yet???

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Nope... Interesting fact: I never read again about this, looks like it vanished from the reports...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Scary.... It is so sad that there is SOOOO much going on these days, and sooo many distractions, that something HUGE like 100 missing living people, can be swept under the rug and swept away for the next crazy happening.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think these things are a giant ritual by those of the NWO. Something dissapearing in the sea has a fundamental influence on the subconsciousness. The same goes for the Costa Concordia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join