It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist born on Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm not upset.

I'm not angry.

This is a mind boggling rant.

As I sit and watch religous an non religous factions warring with words, I chucle a bit.

Over three decades on this planet and I have come to the realization that,

I find it comical, the amount of insecurity each side displays.

Think i'm going to burn in hell?
Thats fine with me. I'm not scared.

I happily told people this CHRISTMAS, Merry Christmas. Why, because it was Christmas.

My family know my beliefs, my friends know my beliefs, and you know what? Nobody says a damn thing about it. Likewise I don't say anything about the church talk.

You want to go to church? Well golly gee, good for you.

I don't belueve in a higher entity. Well golly gee, good for me.

The ignorance spewed by both sides is mind boggling.

So with that being said,

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan(whenever that may be), or happy, merry, glad to see you holidays.

Everybody have a great one.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm kind of puzzled. Are you an athiest that was born on Christmas day? Sounds like more agnostic if that is the case.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, that was a Roman Catholic invention. Jesus was born in the last week of September in 2 B.C. So no big deal man.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Whether one believes in a higher power, or not, traditionally the Christmas period offers people a chance to catch their breath, catch up with loved ones, and share time together. What I find difficult to accept, is that some people on both sides of the whole debate, cannot just put the whole argument aside for a fortnight and just love one another over the holidays.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That right there. Well said sir, well said.
edit on 27-12-2014 by DuckforcoveR because: big thumbs again.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm kind of puzzled. Are you an athiest that was born on Christmas day? Sounds like more agnostic if that is the case.

I am an atheist that was born on December 25th.

Definition of agnostic atheist, courtesy of google.

Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact.

That does not fit me.

I do not believe in a higher power, at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, that was a Roman Catholic invention. Jesus was born in the last week of September in 2 B.C. So no big deal man.

I agree,

I don't have much more to say really.lol

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Whether one believes in a higher power, or not, traditionally the Christmas period offers people a chance to catch their breath, catch up with loved ones, and share time together. What I find difficult to accept, is that some people on both sides of the whole debate, cannot just put the whole argument aside for a fortnight and just love one another over the holidays.

I agree

And that was kind of my " side point".

The bickering and arguin is kind of pointless, in my own opinion.

Neither, or any side's mind will be changed by the other's.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

With that in mind, belated happy birthday!

And also belated seasonal greetings! I hope you have a good New Year too!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I kind of read one sentence in the OP wrong. I read too fast and didn't see the don't.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

funny thing is i see people all over town stressed out like mad men. the drive to buy the tree, buy the presents, go to parties, and all the work to make the home festive is getting out of hand. we as a society forgot why we celebrate the holiday in the first place. enjoy a harvest, celebrate the winter solstice, and spend time with those you care about.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Nah...

We make sure the biggest stress we have in our house is whether or not we have enough seats for folk or not! We had a full house this Christmas, and it was lovely to see all our people in one spot. Lots of group hugs, full bellies, and plenty of rum of course! My attitude to this time of year is that if it gets to be a hassle, then the entire enterprise fails before it's begun!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

a reply to: subfab

Nah...

We make sure the biggest stress we have in our house is whether or not we have enough seats for folk or not! We had a full house this Christmas, and it was lovely to see all our people in one spot. Lots of group hugs, full bellies, and plenty of rum of course! My attitude to this time of year is that if it gets to be a hassle, then the entire enterprise fails before it's begun!

i like the way you think.
we had a similar holiday ourselves.
cheers!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

That does not fit me.

I do not believe in a higher power, at all.

I think it is foolish to take a position that there is no higher power. You can't prove one doesn't exist and you can't prove one does exist. In my opinion an agnostic view is the most logical.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I can see what you are saying but,

In my opinion logic dictates that the creator must have a creator.

If there is one true god and he created everything, then who/what created him.

If one wants to believe that he(the creator) had always been there, then why is it so hard to believe that the universe has always been here, recycling itself over and over without a creator? That the processes of time, pressures, heat, cold, and other variables that I cannot think of at the moment, along with this extended amount of time which allows for atoms and molecules to form structures and transform into viable compounds that eventually join together to form life sustaining surroundings, and a compatable stable platform for intelligence to take hold.

I really did not want to get into this discussion because it is hard for people to stay focused on the topic, without letting emotions get in the way of logical thinking.

edit on 28-12-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I want to remove a bloody annoying neighbours kid this festive season. STOP SCREAMING YOU LITTLE PRAT.

Ahh I remember when xmas was a time of joy, with family, loved ones, friends..

as i sat here alone in the heat, my bottle of iced water melting, and stared into nothing, I heard no jingles. No bells. No sleighs. Just the screaming little human next door, that will never cease. Nails on a blackboard.

God? As you say, written by men. to control other men. bah humbug.

Merry eat your meat and drink your beer day.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Everyone takes a little collateral damage were kids are evolved !
Hopes he's writing , he's having a great crimbo apart from that bastard Scrooge next door !
Let the kid be a kid !

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Three years ago.

Man time flies by.

Merry Christmas

top topics

join