It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Doctor Dreaming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

It's been a while since I saw the episode about the Silence. But If I remember correctly, the Silence got split into two faction - one attempring to prevent the Doctor from asking the Question, and another attempting to help the Doctor to break free from Trenzalore, which was at the time surrounded by daleks, cybermen, etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Gotcha. I might have seen that but as I binge watched all the episodes and some out of order that's a lot of info to take in. There were about 20 episodes I had to outright delete as the dvr can't do it's job so I missed a lot there. They may eventually come back on so if I can catch them I will.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The Silence were Priests engineered at a bio level to have one specific function,
They took confession from from beleivers.
People felt at ease doing this as they knew the would not only forget all the sins they had talked of.They would also have no recollection of even seeing the Preist.
INSTANT AMNESIA.

Of course the Church of the Mainframe In the future weaponised every thing An Tash High Preistess of the Church.
Had no problem using the Silence as soldiers /spys/ect.

Tash Likes the Doctor
But there was a faction that split from the Church doctrine and desided to time travel back in time to kill the Doctor so the events an question at Trensalore would never ocour.

They kidnapped Mr an Mrs Ponds Baby as the Child was conseived within one of there jaunts through the time vortex.
And also River spent most of her initial gestation within Ammys womb travelling in the vortex past futre an present.

Making her the closest thing to a Time Lord a human could be.
The rival faction then went about with there bio engeneering /brain washing of River to predispose in her the overwhelming desire to kill the Doctor.

PS The possibility of River being conseived In the Tardiis is just conjecture on my part.
The fact She did a lot of time travelling as a Fetus Is not .
Besides it makes sense .
She regenerated at least three times we know of and as she was not a Time Lord something has to account for all that Timeywhime stuff with in her
And In My humble opine being conceived whils spinning through the time vortex would just about do it.

edit on 3-1-2015 by ecossiepossie because: grmmar

edit on 3-1-2015 by ecossiepossie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The new season has just started. Pretty awesome. I like the style, it reminds me of the classics but with more meat to it.

I think the Doctor is still dreaming. At one point (spoilers alert) the Doctor meets Davros. Davros tries and pretends to have a conscience. And somewhere in there he asks the Doctor,

"Am I a good man? "

The thing is, this is precisely what the Doctor has asked Clara in the TARDIS, in the last season.

So how come Davros knows what the Doctor said to Clara? How can Davros have the memories of the Doctor?

Either Davros is part of the Doctor's imagination, or either Davros is responsible for the Doctor's sleep in the first place. Either way, it all points to the Doctor still deep under.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Nope in the final episode of Dr who you will find out he is a schizophrenic homeless guy called bob living in a phone box on london and spends most his time tripping on L.S.D

edit on 2-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

After the last episode that doesn't seem so far off. Maybe it was just me being distracted when I saw it but I was lost. I'll have to watch it again, I guess.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Nope in the final episode of Dr who you will find out he is a schizophrenic homeless guy called bob living in a phone box on london and spends most his time tripping on L.S.D

With last Saturday's episode I am boggled about where they are going with it...it does seem as though there is some intention to destroy it all and reduce it to the mundane. They are definately skirting pretty close to that edge for a kid's show.

I'm liking it but am readying myself for having reservations

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I saw it too. I personally think it was brilliant. I think it still fits in the theory of the dreaming Doctor, though - this episode was probably a nightmare. Remember what Steven Moffat said about his coat. It changes color. I think he's giving us a clue. The best guess I can make is that the Doctor's coat changes color because he's dreaming. I remember when at one episode, the Doctor himself said that a good way to check if you are asleep is to check a reference object, such as a book - the object will change each time you look at it, because it is generated by your imagination. Now the coat changed color. I think that the timelords are keeping the Doctor asleep so to take back the Moment. In one of the episodes the timelords did state that the Doctor was still in possession of the Moment. So I think they've put him asleep so to have things their way for once.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Is it us, the audience, that is noticing the colour-changing coat, or the Dr?

ETA...the Dr blatantly broke the fourth wall on Saturday. It was brief, but notable

edit on 3-12-2015 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

ETA...the Dr blatantly broke the fourth wall on Saturday. It was brief, but notable

But Peter (Capaldi) is renown for breaking the fourth wall - I guess it's his way of making contact with the audience itself, giving his performance an additional dimension.

Besides, Tom Baker himself broke the fourth wall quite a few times.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

But Peter (Capaldi) is renown for breaking the fourth wall - I guess it's his way of making contact with the audience itself, giving his performance an additional dimension.

Besides, Tom Baker himself broke the fourth wall quite a few times.

I don't know, Tom Baker was a long time ago, I don't think I knew about the fourth wall then even had I noticed, and I didn't know that Capaldi was known for that...is he? I never noticed...BUT besides that, the way he did it this time, was still pointed even if it wasn't unusual. It was quick, blink and you'll miss it.

All that said and done, I am incredibly sensitive to both forth walling and Dr Who at the moment, both have potential as delusional amber zones for me...which this week is a good thing, but I could be blowing that one sidewards glance out of all proportion admittedly.

You didn't answer my question though...does the Dr know that his coat is changing colour? I hadn't picked up on that at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question though...does the Dr know that his coat is changing colour? I hadn't picked up on that at all.

Actually I hear that it was Moffat himself who pointed out to fans about the coat. I can't find the source though.

I don't know if the Doctor noticed, but I think he did.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Actually I hear that it was Moffat himself who pointed out to fans about the coat. I can't find the source though.

I don't know if the Doctor noticed, but I think he did.

For some reason....I gotsta to know*!

* Dirty Harry reference

edit on 3-12-2015 by Anaana because: got it wrong...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

Haven't yet found out about the coat, but did find this...

Internal memos from the BBC’s original series, unearthed in 2010, describe the ‘metaphysical change’ of the Doctor’s regeneration as ‘an experience in which he relives some of the most unendurable moments of his long life, including the galactic war.’ (No doubt the writers of the John Hurt arc leapt in joy to read that.) ‘It is,’ continue the memos, ‘as if he had had the '___' drug and instead of experiencing the kicks, he has the hell and dank horror which can be its effect.’

and this, which I am hugely pleased with as it coincides with a art/writing project that I am working on frighteningly well!

But some people experience a rare form of synaesthesia – an involuntary crossover of sensory input – in which they are apparently able to perceive time. Those who experience the phenomenon often describe it as a circular formation, with years shading into one another and longer periods, such as decades, showing up in different colours. Dates, appointments and memories may have a ‘physical’ form and a place in the arrangement. Such time-space synaesthetes, as they’re known, can sometimes even perceive time as a ring encircling them.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So... just to bump this thread.

Is the Doctor still dreaming?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join