It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fruits of The Spirit of Life vs The Spirit of death, which do you serve?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Death brings pain, suffering, destruction, and fear of death.

Life brings peace, healing, health, and encouraging this in others is called Love.

Sickness brings its agents to take over a body and destroy. Life keeps itself alive by serving all (the immune system helps the whole body).

Forgiveness heals anger so that peace and love remains.

To not turn the other cheek is to encourage violence and destruction. Only Life can heal, not death.

When forgiveness is chosen over revenge.
Thanks to God is chosen over greed
and Love to serve others is chosen over self-seeking,

then the world will be glorifying The Spirit of God which is Love and Light and Life.

To serve The Merciful Heavenly Father, you have to be merciful even kind unto the unthankful and evil (Luke 6:35-36). Being in the same spirit as those who hate you and hurt you will not solve anything.

God is Love so those who know Love and live through Love are born of God and know God. If you love one another then you choose The Kingdom of Heaven, The Spirit (Love ) over the flesh ( emptiness, greed, selfishness).

May the Light of Heaven shine from within you to glorify The Merciful Father.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2014 by swanne because: never mind - that was a rubbish reply.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Death does heal in a way. If you believe in reincarnation then death is only the start of a new life. If you die of cancer then death "healed" you of the pain and suffering to begin a new life elsewhere through reincarnation.

Death is only an illusion left behind with the body when we move on. We don't experience death, only life. We were born before and we will be born again, it's the cycles of the universe at work.
edit on 12/27/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Fruits of the spirit of middle ground. I don't go out and say to myself, 'Today, I'm going to rob a bank!'. I tell white lies to protect the feelings of certain people at times. I don't look at people on the street and say they are good or bad. I open a conversation and make up my mind with the things they say. I have given money back to stores that gave me more than they should have. I do not think I'm holier than thou. I am and that is all.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

it has been my experience that every circle of life more or less relies on the death of another in order to survive. perhaps death is the wrong way of looking at it. change is vital. what doesnt kill you just gives you more XP. and you cant become a lvl 999 white dragon knight of the order of the lotus if you dont have XP.

unless you provoke a legion of roman soldiers into crucifying you. or so the story goes.

edit on 28-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We do what we do because we want to. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Death destroys. Change doesn't necessarily have to involve pain/destruction. Reincarnation is the cycle of. birth and death, the battlefield of The Spirit of Life against death.

Eternal Life is the gift for those who live through The Spirit of Life not endless birth and death forgetting your true nature over and over again.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Eternal life seems to be a gift for everyone regardless of belief or action in life...

Even for those that sadly believe in hell... the spirit still continues on in torture...

There must be something more then just birth and death...

there must be progression or its all pointless...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I wouldn't exactly call it life battling death, but life overcoming death. Love overcomes all and love is life itself. Even with the evil in this world, life is still beautiful. Life will always overcome death but a "restart" is necessary just as sleep is necessary. The body decays but the Spirit never changes, it is eternal. If there is no body then there is no experience to draw from and no knowledge or wisdom (Sophia) to be gained in my opinion.

I believe true eternal life is carrying over knowledge of your divine nature from incarnation to incarnation, always knowing who you truly are within and in a way overcoming birth and death by knowing who you are always. Sometimes we'll end up lucky on a benevolent planet or end up not so lucky like on Earth. Either that or karma plays a role in where you are born, I haven't made up my mind on that yet.

I'm still open to being wrong though, the escape of birth and death might actually be literal.

top topics

join