It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, personally, welcome all the Jesus threads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I, personally, welcome all the Jesus threads. I love to read the convoluted somersaults through which the human mind can thrust itself in attempts to explain to each and every one of us our very existential existence.

I marvel at the justifications used to deify human acts of barbarity throughout history and the denouncing of vast swaths of human experience as the actions of the damned. Oh yes I just love it.

So yes, you believers in ONE WAY. Please bring it on. Regale us with your scripture; inundate us with your holy words, for there are those of us who study our existence in the lab of humanness and glean wondrous bits of insight from your struggles within the experiment you call the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I view them as comedy .. good for a few laughs ..

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm no fan of organized religion, but I honestly don't see the.. well, the POINT of this thread aside from "poking the beehive" as it were.

Is there discussion to be had here, or is this just a troll post?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Preferably the message, not the messenger.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
why is this in Philosophy and Metaphysics instead of rants??

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is because of that other thread isn't it

Each to his own is my motto, however, I do agree

TerryMcGuire
I love to read the convoluted somersaults through which the human mind can thrust itself in attempts to explain to each and every one of us our very existential existence.

I liked that

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
C'mon now,...
The Bible is the Word Of God because it says so in the Bible...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I also find them fascinating,
I think it says something that most of them just come across as absolute drivel, maybe I just see it that way coz Im a disbelieving heathen but somehow I think not.
To believe fully in any organised religion I really think you need to have a screw or 2 loose
edit on 26/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

link   
HAHAHA!

I have to admit! You made me laugh out loud and feel happy.. I have no real idea why, since we are basically on opposite sides, but I so understand your place, and love the humor you approach it with!

So.. as we are in the mood for such hilarity, and you say proof proof.. well.. I have the proof for what I believe in my own body.. which, for myself, is all I need. In the end, experiential trumps all in the mind, since experience is personal. Its a thing you don't need outside proof for, just internal proof for.. and our God is a personal God.. not like the God you see most often spoken of by people who do not know HIM.

Therefore, I give you the challenge. www.abovetopsecret.com... Read that thread, step out in a LOT of faith in it, believe, even if a tiny bit.. and see what happens. Take this challenge.. if you find proof in your body too in one aspect or another, after actually completing the whole exercise, then you will know for yourself.

It took me about a month and a half to know - to have my physical proof in my own body..

Your choice... its free either way right?
edit on 26-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Indeed Void, it is. The rant that was closed. I wanted to toss in a couple of comments that were neither pro or con to that rant but was too late. I did not post it in RANT because I have ranted before about other things and in this event felt no rant at all, just my own opinion. And the quote you reprinted? Indeed again. It is a marvel to see and attempt to understand.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Mind you Opin,,, I do not know that we ARE, on opposite sides here. For one, you laughed. We might very possibly agree on a whole bunch of fundamental assessments of life. I think we probably do. Anyway, "I'm so glad you caught the gist of my elevated spirit this morning. I will get to that thread you mention later in the day. THanks

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like to see what atheists post. Because I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the idea that we are our own God, that we can just let our ego take over and think we know it all.

I'll admit I know very little, but I have to believe in a Creator, a God, whose infinite wisdom is billions of times greater than mine, who sees things on millions of levels that we can't begin to comprehend, who controls dimensions that we haven't even begun to imagine.

We are still on the level of "the earth is flat" in our understanding of things. Only in our over-inflated minds do we think we have the answers to the Universe.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yeah well, a 71 year old japanese man thats been divorced, what 9 times? Would say that.

God clearly has no love for you as well!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I think I speak for most Atheists when I say if God were to make his presence 100% known, I'd be like "Oh hey, it's God. Guess I was wrong."

Most atheists don't think they know it all, in fact, their atheism is most likely a result of not knowing. Not knowing whether God is real. In the absence of evidence, they posit there must likely be no God. It's a reasonable conclusion.

Any atheists who DO insist they know 100% God doesn't exist is a pompous arse that give well-intentioned, kind atheists a bad name.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Mind you Opin,,, I do not know that we ARE, on opposite sides here. For one, you laughed. We might very possibly agree on a whole bunch of fundamental assessments of life. I think we probably do. Anyway, "I'm so glad you caught the gist of my elevated spirit this morning. I will get to that thread you mention later in the day. THanks

Oh I do agree with you that we quite possibly do agree on many things! Its just this one single point we are at odds most likely.

Anyway.. read it whenever you like - or whatever. Have a little time though when you do..

I am glad you are in happy spirits today! Happiness is wonderful, no matter what! More joy! That is what this world needs!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Wasn't the OP being sarcastic?
At least that's what I think.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I like to see what atheists post.

No doubt...

Some of the most self-centred nonsense I've ever heard has come from Athiests.

Not all of them of course.

About an equal amount to the religious Zealots.
edit on 26-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Word missing.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My spirit simply answered his spirit. In the end, all men have free will. I am most certain he will use his.
No need for anything more..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How very open minded of you.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyBossOwnsYours
a reply to: Expat888

Yeah well, a 71 year old japanese man thats been divorced, what 9 times? Would say that.

God clearly has no love for you as well!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join