It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, personally, welcome all the Jesus threads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
This is because of that other thread isn't it

Each to his own is my motto, however, I do agree

TerryMcGuire
I love to read the convoluted somersaults through which the human mind can thrust itself in attempts to explain to each and every one of us our very existential existence.

I liked that

what thread is that?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I believe in god but any man trying to tell me they know god and their way is the right way is also a pompous arse.
Because nit one of us knows the truth.
Anyone telling ne they do is either deluded or a liar.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I like to see what atheists post.

No doubt...

Some of the most self-centred nonsense I've ever heard has come from Athiests.

Not all of them of course.

About an equal amount to the religious Zealots.

More self centered than the arrogant, unprovable claim that humans were created in the image of the god that created them? Frankly I am insulted by anybody would claim that an entity as powerful as the creator of the universe would have to be is either human like or male, as some christians insist that their god is a He. (Another subtle tool to co-opt a woman's autonomy.)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

There are, of course, purely unrefined idiots in both camps to be sure.

The trick is ignoring the ignorant (whether ignorant in their atheism or religion) and having insightful, thoughtful discussions with the smart ones.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I wish the smart ones would be more vocal then?.
If you have read the evolution is a farce thread you will know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I've browsed that thread, haven't chimed in as I don't think anything I have to say would change a single heart or mind there. The most ignorant in a group are sadly usually the loudest. Just look to Westboro Baptist or Loud, ignorant atheists like Dawkins for proof there.

(I know, an atheist who hates Dawkins?! BLASPHEMY!) That Dawkins guys is a pompous arse if I've ever seen one.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

Equally self-centred.

Salam Alaykum.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The one that says Jesus threads break T&C because they are posting false info.
It was closed rather quickly.

This was addressed to Stormdancer777's question.
edit on bu312014-12-26T14:29:25-06:0002America/ChicagoFri, 26 Dec 2014 14:29:25 -06002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Anyone else remember how good ATS was a few years ago?

We used to have quality threads.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

There are, of course, purely unrefined idiots in both camps to be sure.

The trick is ignoring the ignorant (whether ignorant in their atheism or religion) and having insightful, thoughtful discussions with the smart ones.

before I start I just want to say I have been liking your thoughts on issues I've been reading lately. You seem pretty level.

Being smart and being ignorant are not always opposites.. I know a lot of smart people who don't know a lot.. But in any case I liked boymonkey's post. I've met up with, become, talked to? God. My experience was very unlike the bible.. I don't think that I would ever tell anybody that I knew more than them because of my own experiences. I do have my thoughts about it, but I'm pretty sure I have a limited view point.

And isn't this what the whole thing is about? Having a limited viewpoint. I quite literally can only see out from where my eyes are, and feel what is next to me, and think from my mind.. God even as a concept is an interesting thing to explore I think.

My take is God is the Force.. So I get flak from Christians and atheists alike.

When I was in Basic in the Army I was buddhist. Otherwise I had to pick a more standardized religion or be stuck in the barracks on Sunday. They're also a bit dogmatic for my taste. I guess my thing is if there is God in some form or another we better be enjoying this life.. What a waste if we sit here arguing about it all day, all week, all year.. all of life is lived.. And if we are created in god's image, I think that's the image.. Consciousness that wants to live. So Live.

How's that?

Wait time out. I didn't even tell you guys the best part.. I don't like even saying this.. I met Jesus. OH man.. Maybe it's an archetype who knows.. but he said these 4 sentences and it pierced passed my ego. I've never had anyone do that to me. Anyone in waking life. Those 4 sentences man they meant 1,000 things.. But mostly they meant "you're not as smart as you think you are. Don't judge other people, look at yourself. we are all in this together."

So had to put that in..

I grew up liberal Hippie anti religion btw.
edit on 26-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I wish the smart ones would be more vocal then?.
If you have read the evolution is a farce thread you will know what I mean.

The smart ones do speak. But because they are smart, you do not automatically attach what their belief is to them.
edit on 26-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
Anyone else remember how good ATS was a few years ago?

We used to have quality threads.

Yeah, its too bad that all the authors of those threads have been banned.

Kinda changes the entire "mood" of a site and we can now be more appealing to the general public and argue over Creationism or Atheism, which IMO BOTH are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

The entire premise of all of this, is that your ideas of what you saw and experienced are totally and WHOLLY shaped by being part of a religion, not part of a religion, and these aspects and dimensional thinking "boxes" can entirely keep you from actually expanding BEYOND what you were viewing.

The facts are clear, that all the paradigms presented here for us, keep us from actually finding out what those Golden Moments are, were, and how to REALLY charge forwards.

Everyone on this planet entirely affected, by either TO BE OR NOT TO BE.....

Would be nice if someone took it farther than all of this , now would it not??

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

hmm I think you read me wrong..
Maybe if you took it further
I could know more the direction you mean?

Because I'm pretty sure I wrote what you did..
Right?

edit on 26-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I enjoy watching atheists mock people of faith. Its fun to watch you both tear each other apart and bicker back and forth.

The truth is that you're both blindly ignorant and closed minded (not all of course but the OP is a great example)

mutual respect goes a long way
edit on 26-12-2014 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

link   
I think this speaks for me better than I could:

However, to each their own!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think it's good for a person to have an honest interest in the subject, since then they might explore other literature and explanations that exist beyond their (likely) limited preachers and taken-out-of-context Bible quotes.

I like to joke that "I was raised Catholic, so therefore I'm an atheist," but there is some truth to that. At some point a person has to decide whether they want to stick with their simple, childish Sunday school teachings, or whether they want to really investigate the complexity of the concepts and how they relate to things in the real world.

"Jesus loves you." Okay, but what does that really mean?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Not one person, religious or not, knows the truth. Humans will be humans, and division is natural unfortunately.

Mutual respect? Gasp! Too many egos would be bruised.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: JDmOKI

Not one person, religious or not, knows the truth. Humans will be humans, and division is natural unfortunately.

Mutual respect? Gasp! Too many egos would be bruised.

It doesn't have to be that way. Egos are weak in that they feel their own weakness. You can be stronger.. I mean being stronger is not worrying so much. Ego is important. It's important, but you know it's good if you know ego is important to know that there are other egos.

But we don't have to divide.

Let it go. Let it Go.. Can't hold me back anymore...

I'm a guy who used to be in the Army and I LOVE Frozen the movie.. Why? Because I let a female ego control the movie and I let it go. I enjoyed it a lot. good music. IMO..

I can't really be hurt but even

my ego is shy around ME.

Who AM I?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The one that says Jesus threads break T&C because they are posting false info.
It was closed rather quickly.

This was addressed to Stormdancer777's question.

thanks, Guy,

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join