It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fabled Star Wars 70s Holiday Special uploaded - Therapy Session for fans within thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Funny cause that's what I was thinking.

The only scenes I really remember were the ones with the droids in them. And the scene where Han is trying to get Chewbacca home. I remember it because I thought then that it was a scene from the movie, not an original scene. Then continued watching and after it was all done, I managed to repress it for years until today. I'm now scarred again.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
OMG.
Lumpy? wtf!.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

The Chewie family story line thread was a prelude to the Ja Ja Binks disaster of 1999.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is worse than I'd expected even after reading the thread....OMG!!!
Anyone find Part 4 yet??

(making popcorn & speed-emailing this to the kids so they too can be scarred for life)
heheheheh

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

(making popcorn & speed-emailing this to the kids so they too can be scarred for life)
heheheheh

hahah atta boy.

Not sure where part four is, but here are all the commercials They are spectacular too.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What ... the ... eff? I knew this existed, and I knew it had a bad reputation, but wow, it's bad. I need brain bleach, stat!

< sits down in corner, rocks back & forth, & rubs arms repetitively >

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Screw this, i'm taking lemons and making lemon
squirted in my eyes into lemonade.

This finally explains why Chewbacca became a smuggler,
given the choice between watching Kashyyk
conquered by the empire, then having to watch
your wife wear clothes she doesn't need to wear
and living with your father/ father-in-law that looks like
a Hutt's scrotum in a blizzard, and having your son show
all affection to Han, you know what, i'm finding
the nearest inter-galactic vessel and getting the hell
out of dodge. Chewie's angry roaring at the entire universe
suddenly makes sense.

What a profound revelation. "Arghghhhhrooorrawwwhooo"
Means "Go to hell Han, you raise lumpy with your LGBT infomercial
cooking bot, some of us have got the universe to save."
edit on 27-12-2014 by DelegateZero88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
My wife will never understand,

But 2 years ago we got married on May 4th, as far as she knows it is because its was the last bank holiday weekend before you get to the more expensive part of the year....

as far as i know, its my homage to Star Wars!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Watched it years ago as a kid and thought how dull it was, no way gonna watch it again.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
My wife will never understand,

But 2 years ago we got married on May 4th, as far as she knows it is because its was the last bank holiday weekend before you get to the more expensive part of the year....

as far as i know, its my homage to Star Wars!

You win EVERYTHING.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Plus I bet you never forget an anniversary

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You guys and gals may enjoy 100 of Ralph McQuarrie concept art images for the Original Star Wars Trilogy
source:
imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why does anyone care about starwars anymore? I liked starwars the original (1977) and Empire strikes back (1981) but everything after them two wasn't worth it really. I haven't heard much details of the new movie which will come out soon other than it sounds like the Jedi will be remodelled to resemble wizards which are popular characters in a lot of todays movies and games, like world of war craft etc. So Starwars will be remodelled and mabey that will work. I wish they wouldn't use the original actors I mean Han Solo belongs in a retirement home not flying the intergalactic hot rod. Chewbacca will be a grey Wookie, Princess Lei will resemble old mother hubud, and Lukes character will be the only one that could do some king of plausible role (as Nimoy did in Startrek) reprising Obi wans role in original saying im too old for this stuff now.

The holiday special as terrible as it was, at least was of its time period which gives its nostalgic appeal.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My daughter actually found a DVD of this and gave it to me for Father's Day. I don't know how I missed seeing this as a kid...but man...I'm thankful.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan, but this was....well....PAINFUL...isn't even the right word...to watch.

I swear for at least some segments, the writers must have simply done some heavy drugs and just went with it.

Even funny people like Harvey Korman were boring as hell....

Happy Life Day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join