It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched The Interview.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I had no intention of watching it. It's just one of those Rogan/Franco stupid stoner movies. However, I'm going to watch it as a protest against N. Korea attempting to strong arm Sony. SIde note - kudos to Sony for finally manning up and releasing it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Just watched The Interview.

Funny as hell. Political? Yup.

Propaganda infused? Absolutely.

A little informative? Nothing that we have never been made aware of.

Korean actors? A few. Mostly Chinese.

My opinion? Fun but not something to launch nukes over.

All in all...IT'S JUST A MOVIE!

Relax Sony...Relax NK....Relax Obama.

Relax!

Erm I don't get that last sentence. Sony and Obama were not agitated about the movie. In fact I bet if the idiotic hackers had kept their mouths shut nobody would have battered an eyelid and the movie would have come and gone. It was the principal that some anonymous morons at the end of a keyboard could dictate to us what we can watch that got them agitated. And rightly so if you believe in free speech.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I think that last sentence is part of an inside joke for those of us who have watched the movie.

Seriously it makes perfect sense in a funny haha way.

edit on 25-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I think that last sentence is part of an inside joke for those of us who have watched the movie.

Seriously it makes perfect sence in a funny haha way.

Bingo!

Sometimes we over think too much.

It's just a movie.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It was a scheme to get people out and watch the movie. And use as and excuse for gov to overstep once again.It worked on you. Boycott Sony. a reply to: jude11

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
It was a scheme to get people out and watch the movie. And use as and excuse for gov to overstep once again.It worked on you. Boycott Sony. a reply to: jude11

I'm wondering how it "Worked" on me since I never set foot into a theater to watch it and never paid for a Download?

And if you truly believe I was never aware of what was actually going on behind the scenes I invite you to preview my posts on the matter.

Please elaborate.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I had no intention of watching it. It's just one of those Rogan/Franco stupid stoner movies. However, I'm going to watch it as a protest against N. Korea attempting to strong arm Sony. SIde note - kudos to Sony for finally manning up and releasing it.

It had NOTHING to do with North Korea.

I watched it, and the rest of your post fits the description of the movie.

Me and others posted about what was really going on the day this came onto Abovetopsecret.com.. The day the FBI called out NK.. We showed quite a bit of info pointing the finger more towards the US.

Even SkepticOverlord knows it wasn't North Korea and said as much. A lot of the geekier geeks had suspicions. When the people actually monitoring data flow on the internet confirm it wasn't North Korea it was pretty much sealed..

I'm getting tired of people following the first story out. Liars are the quickest ones to the punch.
edit on 25-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
' Nothing to do with North Korea' !!!!

Ok everyone Sony hacked themselves.

Released emails, and movies. That were damaging so much that it cost them billions of dollars from their stock on the NYSE to their corporate 'image'.

And to cover it up.

The FBI,Obama, and the State Department were all willing 'accomplices'!!!!!!

Anyone really believes that ?

I got some swamp land to sell them.

edit on 25-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I never said Sony hacked Sony. Neo you are obsessed with North Korea. You jumped from me saying it wasn't north korea to it was sony.. IS your mind so devoid of external variables? You only have 2 options in the entire world that can hack??

All the Professionals point to a FORMER employee.

North Korea is a red herring.

North Korea was added into the news cycle how many days after this hack??

A post I made

You will see even SkepticOverlord knows it wasn't NK...

Doubt Growing Over North Korean Involvement in Sony Hack

You're like a dog with a bone. Too bad your bone has no marrow.

You didn't grow up around hackers. I did.. Knew a guy who hacked every system to copy any disc for any game.. FBI only figured out a trace when paypal accounts were being drained. I want to say so much more.. FBI never knew about anything else that went on.. Hackers cover tracks.. The North Korea Tracks ARE THERE ON PURPOSE..

How Hard do you think it is to use other IPs ?? To cover mac addresses? to spoof to proxy... ? reroute.. And if you are erasing all the hard drives you come into contact with and encrypting them... I mean really??
edit on 25-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Tried to watch it last night. Watched maybe 20 minutes of it before I had to turn it off. Way too much locker room humor that I found in no way to be worth watching. Whatever happened to movies in which adult actors acted like adult instead of 14 year old boys with gender issues.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, being a person who likes dumb comedies,
are you all saying it is worth the watch?

No matter, will wait till I find it in a walmart movie bin for 5 bucks....lol

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I like dumb comedies and would say yes it s worth watching.

The movie pokes fun at the CIA covert operations, Mainstream and not mainstream news, Kim and NK, as well as the US hypocrisy of acting like our schnit don't stink. I think some people were turned off by the last bit without even realising it was in there.

I watched twice once with one side of the family then the other, both sides of the family laughed through it. We don't take these things as serious as others.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
So, being a person who likes dumb comedies,
are you all saying it is worth the watch?

No matter, will wait till I find it in a walmart movie bin for 5 bucks....lol

I'd recommend if it's your thing to have a couple beers or you know just be ready for that kind of comedy you describe.. I was sober and I don't always enjoy super dumb comedy but I can.. And there are parts of that movie that kill me..

What messed it up a little is some of the acting is bad enough that I can't think of the characters as characters.

If you can stay in the zone of what the movie is supposed to be, it's funny.

I really liked a certain cameo.. hehe. Made my day.

Now if you're not into watching something dumb.. still watch it but meh.

I'll see it again, just not alone, and not so sober..
edit on 26-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

I agree. This is one that a few drinks will help immensely with lightening the mood. I was two beers in while watching both times. I don't think I would want to watch it any other way.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Since it's only viewable in America, would someone care to enlighten a non-US member as to the basic plot?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Here is the summary of the plot but i gives away a lot of the story.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just curious - is it The Hangover dumb/funny or Dumb and Dumber dumb/funny? This makes a difference. One of those was actually funny'

In any case, tons of links online for free streaming, wouldn't pay
edit on 26-12-2014 by CoaterieSlips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CoaterieSlips

Pineapple express dumb funny.

oops..second. More dumb than The Hangover but smarter than Dumb and Dumber.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'll watch it on one of those days Im bored out of my mind , when it's on TV. The preview doesn't appeal to me

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Yeah, I watched it as well, not worth the price of admission, a DVD or streamed, it's a couple of hours I'll never get back, they should pay us to watch this crap. It's supposed to be a comedy, but it's lame. It's more of a propaganda piece, I think meant to inflame relations with NK (not that it really matters since Un is a tool anyway, but really no more a tool than obama).

If you really want to waste a couple of bucks, buy some pop-rocks, at least they are a lot more fun ;-)

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join