It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - My Book Just Made the Best Sellers List at Amazon.uk

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

"MORE PLEASE" ......

WOW, TA I just finished the book and am blown away that this is your first novel.

If it's any indication of what it will be like picking up the pieces after a major catastrophe...maybe I want go out quickly. The problem is that I can't say or comment on specific items here as everything would be a spoiler. If you are wavering on whether to write a sequel, know that I'll be first in line to order it.

I just can't imagine the work and research that goes into a work like this. You obviously spent many, many, many hours just working the premise and plot lines. The actual book must have consumed you.

For any of you sitting on the fence -- go on and order the e-version, well worth the price of admission. For me I am a "book in hand" reader and it is one I will read again.

two thumbs up

TA, please PM me if you get a chance would love to discuss further.

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 1-3-2015 by YogaGinns because: correct spelling

(post by JohnPhoenix removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Fantastic book. Cant wait to read the next one.

Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalShaman

Thanks for the nice feedback. This is turning out to be the book they either really hate, and I mean with serious vitriol, or the book they love. Lol, the last review on Amazon was a one star review with the title "Worst Book Ever..." Here is a copy:

worst book ever
Bad plot, weird science, nonsense, save your money.
I have read a number of books in this genre.
I cannot think of a worse one.
Only thing which could have made it worse would have been zombies.

www.amazon.com...=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

So now I need another 5-star review to counter that one. I mean really? The worst book EVER? You guys agree with that? Now maybe it isn't a masterpiece, but damn, that was just downright insulting. I'd send the guy his puny 3.99 back if I could. My book is NOT the worst book ever, no matter what.

But I am not deterred. Sales are still fluctuating, but steady. I rarely have a day I don't sell at least two, and some days I sell a lot more than that. I'll consider writing the sequel if I reach 1,000 book sales, and will DEFINITELY write it if I hit 2,000 sales. Right now total sales about 320 books.

So who's going to get on Amazon and tell that guy how wrong he is? Thanks to whoever does, if you do.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Congrats on the book, man that must be one hell of a rush. Don't let the bad reviews get you down. Sometimes its a good thing to read bad reviews.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
YogaGinns just finished your book so I am about to start reading it as soon as I finish my book in progress. I have in fact flipped through the book just reading a passage here and there and your book looks captivating to me.

The one thing I really noticed was the nice white paper with very easy to read print (Nice and black) very nice quality for a first book.

Looking forward to reading it this week.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 13-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Massive congratulations to you on this success. That's fab news. I'm an author too, and there's nothing quite like that feeling of seeing your work in print - and being enjoyed
All the best.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Congrats! That is a great accomplishment! Best wishes to you.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A little update:

Total sales are now nearing 800 books, and amazingly, after 7 months out, are still increasing. First three months I was averaging 80-90 books per month, second three months I averaged 90-100 books per month- and now in the last 30 days I have sold over 130!

So yeah, pretty cool!

In addition, I have now enrolled the book in Kindle Unlimited. A person or two asked about that, so there it is. Free to read if you are subscribed.

On another note I could really use some more good reviews- so please- if you read it and like it take a minute and review it. It will help tremendously, thanks. Also, some may not have seen the new cover.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That's cool
Congrats!

edit on 1-12-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

But I wanted zombie mermaids to come flopping out of the tsunami's!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But I wanted zombie mermaids to come flopping out of the tsunami's!

Lol. Oh well, I guess I can't please everyone!

I do have some updates though. I went back through all sales reports and added up the numbers, good through today. Total unit sales are about 1,186. Plus about 650,000 page reads on Kindle Unlimited. I estimated the page reads to come out to about the equivalent of another 955 units, for a total of about 2,141. Add about another 10 copies of paperbacks sold, for a grand total of about 2,150 books sold, through today, and beginning in November 2014.

Pretty small potatoes, in the book world. But it was fun while it lasted, and I am still getting a few sales (8 to 10 units plus around 10k page reads per month.)

So was it worth it? Moneywise, not really. The amount of time that took was insane. But the amount of persistence it took just to finish it was much worse. What made it all worthwhile was to start it here on ATS, and interact with you all about it through the whole ordeal. THAT was fun, for the most part. So once again, thanks everyone extremely much!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Quick update:

Pricing now just $2.99 in USD, and pricing changes in all countries made to reflect this pricing. It is still on Kindle Unlimited for a while longer, but that will be ending soon. Thanks again to all who have supported me in this crazy venture!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join