It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - My Book Just Made the Best Sellers List at Amazon.uk

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Just a point for you. SOLD does not equal READ.

You get reviews from READ books. Some people take ages to read a book.

But yes, it is difficult. Perhaps you need to think about what happened (say) four weeks ago to explain what is happening now. There is a delay while people read. I pulled the four week time period right out of by butt so don't take too much notice of it.

Thanks for keeping us informed

P

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well yeah, you're right- sold does not equal read. Makes me wonder if avid readers get their books several at a time. And then some of those books, like mine perhaps, get put on the back burner so to speak- to be read later. And in some cases, maybe months later.

I saw your comment in the other thread, and sorry you found my last comment annoying? Not sure why.

It's not all a bed of roses on Amazon for me, you know. Today for instance, just the next day after having broke my daily sales record, I have sold ZERO books. This has happened many times now. And every time I sell zero in a day, I think "Well, so much for that. I'm toast." But then somehow it starts back up again out of nowhere. Right prior to that last sales high, I followed a bunch of people on Twitter (over 300 new people into the sciences)- about 20% of which followed me back. Problem with that is though, they are almost ALL in the USA, not the UK. So that doesn't explain the UK sales either- and sales in the US have dropped to near nothing- even after the twitter activity.

I have a feeling that once the book drops off the 90-day new release list, that will be it. The end. Unless I luck out and get featured as a hot new release or featured by an editor. At the moment I need about 4 more sales to reach 100 books sold between digital and print. And as an experimental venture, with the amount of hours I have into that book writing it- I lose, big time. That's why the prospects of doing a sequel at the moment are slim to none. WAY too much time for too little return.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I saw your comment in the other thread, and sorry you found my last comment annoying? Not sure why.

Your comment was not annoying, the fact that Authors can not determine what works and what does not is annoying. That is, the system is annoying, not your comment.

I think that part of the solution may be to hit the book clubs, sort of like walking into a packed library and yelling your message to everyone.

I also think it takes a bit of luck to be 'discovered'.

P

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am very interested in this book. I don't actually have the money at the moment but I will buy this ebook for future reads definitely .

Quick question, but please don't spoil it...What causes this cataclysmic event? Is it a planet passing by or a just random apocalyptic event.

Sweet book!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: XlllLLLXX
Quick question, but please don't spoil it...What causes this cataclysmic event? Is it a planet passing by or a just random apocalyptic event.

The cause of the event is not explainable to you without TOTALLY ruining and SPOILING the book for everyone else. It is the very center of the piece, so I am sorry. No can do. Once you have the book though, I provide plenty of information. The ebook is a mere 3.99! Peanuts compared to others.

I also ask that others that have read it please do not answer this question. The book is still brand new. A month out for a fresh release is nothing. Please don't ruin it for everyone. Thanks.

And oh, Phoenix, thanks- now I know what you mean.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Well played. Now you have me thinking.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
TA, don't give up on a sequel, just because sales don't pan out right away.

It has been nearly two years since my first book, Bloodline first came out. (Don't know if you remember it)

I didn't even sell 100 copies in the first year. I have, however, had over 2,000 downloads through the KDP free days, and I think I'm approaching 200 paid sales now. The ONLY reason I am now selling any copies to people other than friends or family, is because I am just too dang stubborn.

I completed the trilogy a few months ago. I have discovered that one of the big keys to being a successful Indie author, is to consistently put out new stuff, get yourself a good main website and blog, and get on as many social websites as possible. Oh...and DON'T give up. If you have good material, it will eventually rise to the surface if you are persistent.

Today, Bloodline was just voted in as one of the top 50 Indie books of 2014 on a big website. I don't know if it will amount to anything, but I am pretty excited about it. I think it only happened because I have been nearly obsessed with the trilogy for the past year.

Also, I know an indie author who has THREE books sitting in the top 10,000 on Amazon right now. His new release that came out a week ago, has been in the top 600 for a few days. This is without hardly any marketing. A lot of it has to do with the genre (scifi / hero ) and its a darn good story. However, he has been publishing his books for over six years and has about eight titles out now, as well as audiobokos.

(Oh.. I have created two audiobooks, too.)

But my point is....it's possible. Just don't give up!

Congrats on such an amazing kick-off! I have never had such high sales and you are certainly beating the odds!!!!!

edit on 4-1-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
XlllLLLXX- well played? Lol. Like this is some kind of game? I have an extreme investment of at least 1,000 hours of my life I will never get back into that book. Is it asking too much for someone to give me a crappy 3.99, out of which I only see 2.50 or so, for an entertaining, escapist evening or two of unfathomable doom?
Hell, if I was already a rich, successful author, I'd give ya the damn thing. But I am barely making it as it is, working a grueling day job for peanuts.

a reply to: westcoast
West, thanks for the encouragement. Congrats on that nomination, and hope you make it. So you think I am doing pretty well then? I thought I was scraping the bottom of barrel, pretty much. But then, just as I said above, today bounced back and sold two more, both UK sales, and bringing me to 98 books sold in just over a month.

And audiobooks? You selling any of those? My God, I got a whole recording studio, so that would be doable for me- but I have listened to a few and I would never be satisfied with just someone reading the book over a mic with disinterest. No, knowing me, I would get a few voice over people to play the characters, and drop in special efx sounds everywhere, and try to basically produce the entire movie soundtrack for release as an audiobook. Lol. And THAT'S even more work. Ugh.

But I hear ya. It takes time. Ok, maybe I'll drop my sequel threshold down to 1,000 books sold. But that's as low as I go. Just not worth it otherwise.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I hear ya on the 1,000 hrs of your life. Mine has been absorbed by my trilogy for nearly two years now! But I am in love with it and still riding the wave. My readers are begging for more to the story...and I will likely end up writing more on it, but not for about a year. Right now I'm concentrating on my MG mystery series.

Yes, you are doing very well! I had 23 sales (total) last month, and that was a good month for me!

My audiobooks haven't been out long, so I really don't know how they're doing yet. Here's a LINK to Bloodline. You can listen to the first five minutes of it. (sample)

That's me reading it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Nice voice west, now see, that's better than most of the audiobooks I checked out. Some of them were just flat out horrible. At least you were reading it with some kind of inflection. I doubt I could do as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Thank you!

I started out interviewing other narrators, but after listening to a bunch of samples (I don't usually listen to audiobooks) I was told by a couple of other authors that my own recording sounded better....so I went for it. I did my middle grade book first, as a test and then went for it with Bloodline. It was such big undertaking though. I had ZERO experience with mastering/editing sound recordings and taught myself as I went. I have to say though, that after listening to mine and many others...I think I did okay!

Oh..and I just checked audiobook sales, and I think I made more last month on just those two, than I did in ebook sales for all of my ebooks. ( still not much...but it encourages me to make more)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

When I said well played I was talking about the first comment you replied to me as in good comeback. My well played comment has noting to do with you book.

edit on 4-1-2015 by XlllLLLXX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Some cool news!

1) I just attained 100 books sold from all sources. So in five weeks, not too shabby.

2) a pro graphic artist guy, the brother of one of my most gracious readers who ordered a signed printed copy from me, is now onboard for the artwork and in process of doing a rough sketch before we proceed to the full colored final. And this guy is GOOD. I mean like REAL good!

take a look:
d-alien.com...

Just check out some of those samples! Wowza. He seems to be intrigued with the idea, and has accepted the challenge. And challenging it will be. NOW I'm excited! If I sold that many with my crappy artwork, then we are about to find out how much a pro cover can make a difference. And the printed version is going to be a full wrap around to include the cover, spine and back, all in one cool scene.

I'm making an 11" by 17" poster of that sukka and it's going on my wall! Can't wait to see this! (Ok, I'll calm down now. I realize I might be disappointed, because this scene is so difficult to convey properly.)
edit on Sun Jan 4th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YogaGinns

Congrats TrueAmerican, Star & Flag

I have read the first chapters on Amazon and it has left me wanting more. Will look into finding it around here.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

Well TA, I just picked up my copy today. I had a local bookstore order it for me just after Christmas.

I am currently reading another book and it may take me a bit to get to yours. I will be sure to give you a review when finished. As I said in my earlier post, I have enjoyed what I've read so far, looking forward to what happens next.

Don't lose faith if the numbers are not moving as fast as you would like. Just think about it as though you were at a huge concert, how long would it take to introduce yourself to everyone there and let them get to know you. Good things take time.

Is there a separate sales listing for Canada? If so one of those numbers is me.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My audiobooks haven't been out long, so I really don't know how they're doing yet. Here's a LINK to Bloodline. You can listen to the first five minutes of it. (sample)

westcoast, I have never listened to an audiobook before, that sample is quite intriguing. I do remember my parents talking about "watching the radio" (yes they were in the before TV era) and how they would get wrapped up in the dramas and shows. Guess I can see how that could happen. Congrats on your works too.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: YogaGinns

Thank you! I've never listened to them before I looked into doing my own. I've never really liked to be read to, but I have to say that I've enjoyed some of them. I'm really picky though. I don't like the voices to be over-dramatized or any sound effects. Just read it to me with a some inflection and I'm good.

How are the sales doing, TA? I hope it's still going good!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Congrats on the book and we just picked it up today, yep physical copy to read by the fire. My wife (YogaGinns) gets first dibs on it so I have to wait a bit to read it.

Good things come to those who wait correct? I am in for a good read for sure.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thanks you guys for those purchases. It means the world to me!

And funny you should ask, westcoast. A flurry of sales today tied my daily record, again, and put us back into the top 100 best sellers in my genre at Amazon.uk! ALMOST hit my previous high of 87! In at 88:

Here's the screenie:

This link won't last long cause this changes likes 3 or 4 times per hour, but:
www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_zg_hrsr_kinc_1_5_last#5

Might have to click 81-100 at the bottom to get there.

Sweet! And working with Dale on that artwork fast and furious. But it's gonna take a while. Can't rush a good thing.

I can't wait! Gonna be sweet!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Holy crap! Not sure what happened, I think more sales came in I don't know about yet, or perhaps the print purchase, on top of the others, but wowza! I'm now at 71 best seller in genre! And for the first time broke the 10,000 mark site wide on UK!

Whoa. Trippin.

EDIT: and btw, the link for the book on Amazon Canada is:
www.amazon.ca...*Version*=1&*entries*=0
edit on Sun Jan 11th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have no idea? WTF.

Maybe most of the time Amazon is a vicious battle of who sells the most that day. I guess today has been a lucky one for me, and some other people above me must have had a lax day in sales... Cause now out of nowhere I am all the way down to #62, and below 9,000 site wide:

Unbelievable. But cool. Thanks ATS for helping get it there!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join