It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - My Book Just Made the Best Sellers List at Amazon.uk

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Shut the Hell up!

Congrats TA

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

As a fellow writing enthusiast Let me say fan freaking tastic news.

Congrats on this achievement, this is so cool that someone can take something they love doing and make a career out of it.

Well done man and dont stop now.

Fire it up.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well done! It's very cool to see a fellow ATSer on Amazon's list!

Thought you might appreciate this:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I remember reading your story when you first posted it here on ATS, glad that I can finally find out the rest of what happens.

Congrats!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well played Dude!
I like that subject matter and want to read your book.

I don't own an E book,and can't read a whole book off my screen,but I will be getting one of my relatives to buy it on the kindle,and I will pay them the cash and borrow the kindle to read it.

I shall report back here after reading,and if I like it I will tell a load of other people to buy it on Amazon.

I have a story I have written over a few years,but its in bits at the moment,and needs some fine tuning,I think you have inspired me to try to get it sorted out and onto e book format.
In fact I shall make that my new years resolution for 2015.

Cheers TA,and well played with your book,I hope this is just the start,and one day you can make a living from writing!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Sup man, thanks!

Just wanted to point out that it IS possible for people with no Kindle devices to read the book on their PC's with the Kindle app for windows. It actually works pretty well, and calls up an imitation Kindle on your screen. It installs quick and painless. Get it here-

Kindle for PC

You just install that, get the book at Amazon, and it loads right into your new Kindle library for reading. Very simple!

Also, thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread and/or got the book! Sorry if I did not respond to your comment directly, but you are ALL appreciated very much!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That is s real nice Christmas present for you.. I guess. Congratulations!!

Maybe one of our distinguished ATS-writer celebs can tell you.. and us... what it takes before you receive that much coveted writer title under your name.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

You need to place 1st or 2nd in one of the small competitions in the short stories threads.

There is one coming up very soon.

This www.abovetopsecret.com... will tell you all about it.

Enjoy!

P

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

lol. Well actually I'm not sure how coveted it is, but at one point I used to have writer status until I was a bad boy and got post banned- so it got removed as per the rules of the forum. But hey, that's cool. People can have all the status they want. That's great. But I'll settle quite contently for getting best selling spots on Amazon in the real world!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Congrats man

Must be a good read! I like a good book so I'll check it out

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
lol, ok. Whoever just flagged this thread with flag number 64 just gave me my #20,000th flag.

I lub joo! Thanks. It only took ten years and 1583 threads to get there, no biggie.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it was me with the 20,000 flag! And you're welcome! a reply to: TrueAmerican

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Congrats TrueAmerican, Star & Flag

I have read the first chapters on Amazon and it has left me wanting more. Will look into finding it around here.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, one thing has become pretty clear. Amazon, at least for me, has outperformed Smashwords in sales on the order of better than 23 to 1.

Over 70 sales on Amazon, vs. only 3 on smashwords (and those occurred the same day the book was published).

So hopefully that will answer where to go for indie authors. But still, the more places you are, the better.

The US amazon is SO utterly massively large, I still haven't cracked the top 100 for my genre there, like I did in the UK. There are just too many books competing. I estimate that in my genre I would need sales of at least 6 copies per day solid before I'd even touch that top 100 at the US Amazon. It boggles the mind how many copies per day would be needed to crack the top 10 in the genre, much less site wide. I wouldn't doubt that to achieve the number 1 spot on all of amazon.com, you'd need to be selling somewhere on the order of 300 books a day- but that's just a guess.

What a business model! Pit all the indie and name authors against each other in one big soup, let THEM spend all the money on ads, and you sit back and collect 30% or more of the proceeds.

edit on Sun Dec 28th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

As fellow writer and an aspiring author myself, allow me to say, CONGRATULATIONS THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I'm actually going through my first-ever period of writers' block. Have you ever had that problem? What did you do to get out of it or did it resolve on its own?

What do you usually like to write?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahree

Finished reading Mega Cataclysm. Definitely a page turner. I liked it!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahree

Cool, thanks!

So what do you think? Sequel?

I was thinking before I spend another 2,000 hours writing a sequel, first I'd need to sell 2,000 copies of Volume 1 (what you just read). Lol. I haven't even sold 100 yet (getting close) - so looks like we gonna be a while. It is a LOT of work. I guess it's like writing and recording music- you just gotta do it for the love.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Mahree

Cool, thanks!

So what do you think? Sequel?

I think it is more about, "What do you think?" Do you have an idea or ideas about where you want to take this next? Or....do you have another book in mind? There are certainly others here at ATS who can answer your question better than I. I think you should keep writing whatever you decide.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Oh, I have plenty of ideas where to take a sequel to this next. And to get even more bizarre than it already is. It is just a question of if the interest is there. Not many people asking for a sequel yet, except a couple. Thanks again for getting it, and hope you enjoyed the read.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yesterday I broke my daily sales record, again! In the grand scheme of things at Amazon I am still nowhere, but it sure is fun to watch. UK sales have now overtaken US sales by a substantial margin. I wish like hell I could figure out why. What is it that is different? As far as I know, the book has not been featured anywhere, or recommended by an editor anywhere...yet. So I just don't understand if this is word of mouth, or just luck, or what! Wish I knew, so I could try and do whatever is happening there, over here! And funny but not a single review yet on Amazon.uk, even with all those books sold.

Perplexing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join