It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS downs Jordanian F-16, captures pilot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They can't shoot down US aircraft with an SA-7. Can't even shoot down a blackhawk with that antiquated piece of crap system. We have countermeasures that alert us to the launch of such systems, and multiple ways to defeat the trackers.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lawndartchief

You mean like they couldn't shoot down an F-117 with an SA-6?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

From this, INTRPTR is insinuating that America is bombing Syria

Insinuating? Okay got it. US bombs aren't landing on Syrian soil.

and this F16 was shot down by Syria as proof of this?

That part is conjecture on my part. How would I know? All I know is a jet is down "deep" in Syria, whatever that means.

Kind of hard to cover that up, must_generate_cover_story.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lawndartchief

They can't shoot down US aircraft with an SA-7. Can't even shoot down a blackhawk with that antiquated piece of crap system. We have countermeasures that alert us to the launch of such systems, and multiple ways to defeat the trackers.

Stealth reply to me?

They haven't confirmed a shoot down. Even Ms. Pentagon spokesperson declared a "mystery" this am on CNN.

Of course they know that happened. Command and Control centers track every airborne asset full time.

That they done't tell us is telling don't you think?

See thru the veil…

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Right, like they've covered up the bombing campaign?

If they were fighting against the Syrian military, a lot more than one aircraft would be down.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

And that tells them everything that happens to the plane? Wow, learn something new every day.[/sarcasm]
edit on 12/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Just because bombs are landing on Syrian soil doesn't mean that the coalition is targeting assets belonging to the Assad regime. If you haven't noticed, ISIS is spread out over both Iraq and Syria. Coalition aircraft have taken out ISIS targets all throughout Syria since night 1- not targets that would hurt the country Syria itself.

Maybe there was a jet "deep in Syria" because there are ISIS targets "deep in Syria".

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Right, like they've covered up the bombing campaign?

Kobani is a moon scape.

Next…

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And that tells them everything that happens to the plane? Wow, learn something new every day.[/sarcasm]

Yesterday, here, you were all about the SA-7. I'm listening, whats the current "official story line"?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And yet the Syrian military and military targets are intact.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And your claim that they "know everything that happened" is a joke. Yes they monitor the aircraft, but unless the pilot gets on the radio they have no more idea what happened than you do.

Yes and I still think it was shot down. So apparently does Jordan.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Just because bombs are landing on Syrian soil doesn't mean that the coalition is targeting assets belonging to the Assad regime.

It doesn't matter. Besides the (I)maginary (S)tate 'mandate', violating a foreign countries sovereign air space and putting "bombs on ground" without just cause is a direct violation of Geneva accords signed into law after WWII.

Besides also violating the letter and spirit of our own United States Constitution I can only imagine what the outcry would be if Syrian air force began running hundreds of bombing sorties and cruise missile attacks on US sovereign territory.

Warmongers beware, your arguments are tripe and self serving, you aren't protecting the American people with these actions you are endangering them, let alone the people of the countries which suffer from these aggressive war campaigns.

This is very un American activity.

Good day.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Zap,

You should know by now that you can't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Except for the fact that we aren't violating a sovereign country's airspace; they have been open and willing to cooperate with us the whole time to get rid of ISIS. au.ibtimes.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Zaphod58,

I thought the area occupied by ISIS was not that much of a strategic military zone full of installations.
Thanks for the information!
Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

There we go...corruption is something that I can understand better in war affairs than organizations losing weapons to other organizations. Don't get me wrong, the latter happens, but I think financial backup is essential to use and operate weapons other than rifles and pistols.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: justwanttofly

Yeah, I agree with you. Once too many weapons are around, nobody can control it anymore.
You said something important though...training.
CIA trained the rebels to fight the Russians.
Who trained ISIS militia to use and operate missiles they "found" or "took" in the field? Should we believe that these guys which are either European or American educated multimillionaire tribe chieftains learnt it in our colleges or universities, or that went back to their country and found their tribesmen ready to go with missiles and long range weapons? Who trained them?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamWAS

It has been widely reported that the US at least armed and trained rebels in Syria that were fighting the Assad regime. It is believable that, one way or the other, some of these arms and trained individuals made their way down the road to ISIS and are putting their new weapons and training to use. It is also believed that Iraqi army defectors are/did train ISIS on the use of weapons and vehicles that the group inherited after they took control of some Iraqi army bases.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamWAS

They held a number of bases and looted them before moving on. That's why, in Syria the coalition aircraft are flying over areas looking for targets. There are very few fixed installations to hit.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The poor pilot should have gone down with the plane.

Muslims Are Calling To Revive An Ancient Horrifying Execution Method Against U.S. Led Coalition Pilots

Khazouk which is a spike driven through the victim’s rectum, which the Ottomans used to terrify locals and deter potential insurgents. And this is exactly what this lady wanted to reinstitute:

Khawiskou “impale him” she cries out “then send him to his mother” she added.

“I am pleading [ISIS] to honor my special request that you Khazouk him “impale him” and post it all over the social networks and the media”.

There are videos of the woman as well as the whole write up but I hesitate to post the link and video due to the T&C's of ATS.
If you search it is there.

May his God be with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join