It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st anniversary of Sadams capture.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It was one year ago today that US forces captured Sadam Hussien. He is not set to go on trial anytime soon.It will likely be a year or more before he does. Could it be they are hoping he drops dead of "natural causes" before his trial takes place.

We seem to be no better off, we are still at war, we still have not found weapons of mass destruction, and Bin Laden is still at large.

I guess my question is, how long is this going to drag on, and what purpose if any does this war have? How many more people, American and otherwise are going to die before they resolve this conflict. I wonder if the US will be able to find a graceful way to exit this situation.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Graceful exit? Wishful thinking.

They don't want Saddam taking the stand. He's got all kinds of damning information - not just on the Bush and Reagan administrations, but on plenty of other US allies.

Saddam will most likely die of natural causes. It's much easier for all concerned.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I guess the Sixth Amendment doesn't apply in this case!
I agree with ECK, he has so much damning information about the Bush crime family, they aren't going to let him speak in a public forum. It seemed that his first, and last, court appearance actually boosted his popularity in Iraq. He was defiant, not beaten, just like the freedom fighters in Iraq now.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah, he put on a pretty good show. I think it freaked BushCo. out. They realized they could not let him shoot off at the mouth. The interesting thing was how calm and in control he was. Nothing like the image the US wants to portray of him.

Anyone wanna bet he dies of cancer?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yes, its been one year since the capture of SH. We have disabled any possibilities of a strike on America. So the question remains, why are we still there?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I would rather believe something else, other than what they say on the mainstream: That Saddam was allowed to escape prosecution. I read that somewhere.

They allowed the Bin Laden family to escape after 9/11, and I think they allowed Saddam to escape as well, because he gave up Baghdad easily.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dont know if they will kill him before his trial. Remember they have already done a surgery on him once. Why wouldnt they just have had some "complications" back then and kill Saddam when they had an easy excuse?

If that was their plan why would they have wasted an opportunity like that?

Also: They could have just killed him at capture and nobody would have know any better.

I dont think they will kill him before his trial.

But....Maybe somebody else will...With a little extra opportunity created by the US government...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
We have disabled any possibilities of a strike on America. So the question remains, why are we still there?

First, please explain how exactly Saddam was a threat to the USA.

Second, forget about what you've been told in the US media and by this administration. It's about controlling the oil reserves and keeping the PETRO DOLLAR on top.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

We have disabled any possibilities of a strike on America. So the question remains, why are we still there?

First, please explain how exactly Saddam was a threat to the USA.

Second, forget about what you've been told in the US media and by this administration. It's about controlling the oil reserves and keeping the PETRO DOLLAR on top.

Forgot to turn my sarcasm emots on.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wonder if his poetry writings will be made public or be published.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the Europeans or countries which voted against the use of force have had access to Saddam or are in a position to monitor his health ? It does seem that a lot of political careers hinge on his "disposal". Maybe a "disgruntled" Iraqi will take him out and "martyr" himself ?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Forgot to turn my sarcasm emots on.

No worries.

The US gov. giving access to Saddam?
I highly doubt it. That is, unless its to maybe our Bulgarian friends.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Bulgarian ? Maybe the French. Heard they have good doctors and nurses who can keep dead men alive for days on end !

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sorry. I was employing sarcasm. Our Bulgarian friends are not known as warm and fuzzy, or friendly, for that matter. They are doctors of another kind.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sorry, another one who forgot to turn it on.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm,

It's pretty simple to predict what both sides will be arguing in the court rooms regarding the punishment for Saddam Hussein.

Saddam Hussein: 100,000 Iraqi deaths
George W. Bush: 100,000 Iraqi deaths and counting

It's a close race so a tie will be awarded for now

But hey, I do know which company/product will be named the official sponsor of the Saddam Hussein trial!

new topics

top topics

join