It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Orb? Opinions Wanted: 1 Minute Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thank you for checking this out. I have dabbled with EVP research for 4 years and have been researching Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) for about 3 months with devices. Prior to actual physical research I have arm chair researched this subject off and on for about eight years if not longer.

Growing up, my Mother has always been a believer in the paranormal and having "ghosts" around our house was basically a normal thing. But I have never had any personal experiences, so I have for the most part just chalked this up to imagination. Some years ago, for whatever reason I started doing what many of you probably have done. I found myself watching more and more paranormal shows and documentaries.

Then about 4 years ago I decided to try recording electronic voice phenomena. I did well over 20 sessions before I finally captured what I would consider a Class A EVP. For I feel all other classes are extremely easy to debate authenticity. But when multiple words are heard, in an intelligent response to a question. That is something entirely different.

Three years ago I was beside my Grandfather as he laid on his hospital bed , passing away. That night as I went to bed, I said some words out loud as to speak with my Grandfather. I spoke for a few minutes then said my goodbyes and laid my head down to sleep. A few seconds into laying down, there was a tremendous CRACK sound that emanated from the wall facing outside. It startled me but I did not feel anything weird and was able to go right to sleep.

That sound is burnt into my memory. I am unsure what it was. One possible explanation would be a large rock thrown at the outside wall of the room I was in at my Grandparent's house. That is the best example I can type out to describe the sound. Like a giant rock thrown into a brick wall.

I stayed at my Grandparent's house for about a month after that, helping out my Grandmother. I heard that sound the first night I was there, after the passing and did not hear any sounds remotely close to it any night after.

And that is how my paranormal fascination started. As of the last 6 months I began collecting research equipment and about three months ago, started to research in person, Instrumental Transcommunication. With that I have began to collect a small amount of what I consider to be at least odd. I have captured some intelligent responses from ITC sessions. But far and few between. Leading me to reinsure my belief that what Steve Huff presents for evidence are false hits.

So if you read all that, thank you.

You now know pretty much my entire backstory of my paranormal endeavors. At this point I am still on the fence about the existence of unseen entities around us. BUT the scale is starting to tilt just a wee bit with the anomalies I may have found. I will be trying to post some of the anomalies I have and may continue to find.

I am not a fan of Orbs at all. AT ALL. Because I feel 99.9999% can be explained. And I also feel this moving object captured in this video is most likely a small insect.

There is just a little part of my gut that makes me want to reanalyze this over and over, thus I am unsure. I am posting this here because I have been a member here for 2 years and I feel there are many helpful, knowledgeable members that I would like to get fresh eyes on some of my possible findings.

Thank you.

*object moves from the center to the right and down. Right after I start the P-SB7 sweep.*
Video Link: www.youtube.com...
edit on 12/18/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I get 'orbs' like this all the time. In my opinion this is some out-of-focus dust/debris particle, very close to the camera, swept around in the air by your movements in the room or whatever. It doesn't look like an insect to me, but there isn't much to look at here, so I can't be sure one way or the other.

Paranormal? I'd say very unlikely.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

Indeed, thank you for the reply. Throughout the session I received numerous voices or sounds and a K2 hit or 2 but mostly I feel it seems nothing was really captured. I am still unsure.

What stands out to me is the movement of the object. It seems to almost pick up momentum as it shoots out of frame. There were not any fans or heat vents on at the time and the one window was closed.

I am in no way saying this is paranormal, I just wanted some fresh eyes to check it out and thank you for those that have.

I just want to state for the record again, I am on the fence when it comes to paranormal. That is why I decided to investigate myself instead of relying on tv shows with most likely ulterior motives to investigate this.

I was hesitant at first to post the full video(silly nervousness) but I have decided to go ahead and also link that here.

Video Link:www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mcx1942

Hi mcx1942!
Well I DO believe in orbs (not sure what they are though, lol)...and I've got lots of pictures of them. I also have a couple of pics that look like 'orbs in motion'.
I have to log off shortly, to take a friend to the hospital. I will come back asap (got lots going on right now) and post the pics for you to see.
I lived in a house that was FULL of orbs in every photo, and now live in an apartment where I rarely see one. In the house I could even mentally 'ask' to see one, and have had them show up exactly where I was looking.
I don't care who says dust/moisture/bugs...my experiences lead me to believe that there is 'something' there. I also have pics of wisps of smoke when there is NO source whatsoever. Some look like wisps turning into orbs.

I know, I know...."pics or it didn't happen", lol. I have them, just need to load them from the camera to the computer, and then upload here.
S&F, I will be back.

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thank you for the reply jacygirl. At this point, my logical mind tells me it is dust/tiny insects but I have done a handful of sessions now and that was the only time something moving was captured using the full spectrum camera. Because of that, I have a small bit of doubt as to if this is of natural causes.

Also, the fact that this thread hasn't been plastered with members opinions makes me wonder more if this is or is not something out of the ordinary.

In the long run it tends to be the journey that is the most worth while part of a trip, over the destination. So I am definitely looking at this as a stepping stone along my journey, paranormal or not.

edit on 12/19/2014 by mcx1942 because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Hello again!
I don't have time to upload any more pics right now...I have so many, lol.
Orb threads never seem to go anywhere, no one seems to take them seriously (here).
Anyways, I thought you might be interested...let me know what you think.
I will check back later.

jacygirl

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Really hard to tell from the short period it's visible.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It looks like an orb to me due to the movement it makes. If it were dust, there should be more than one dust particle, IMO.
And I don't think dust would move in this manner; you don't cause enough of a breeze to cause that much movement.

Most everyone here thinks all orbs are dust particles, or bugs, but I've seen orbs with my own eyes, so I know they exist.

Nice catch.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's quite quick - that orb!

I believe in orbs, having captured quite a few on camera. I don't see them as often with the naked eye though - as I did when I was younger. Very nice work.

As far as determining whether or not it's paranormal, that's difficult. There's a window in the room - and thus the source of that orb could be many things - other than paranormal. Someone outside with a flashlight and it hits the window, and then maybe something else reflective in the room - just right - to create that effect. Or even headlights from a passing car? Almost as if someone was turning a corner and accelerating speed on the street, maybe?

Obviously, your gut instinct says paranormal - or you wouldn't be attempting to capture evidence of it. Keep collecting more data, recording experiences, and further captured evidence - it will strengthen the possibility of the orb being paranormal.

S&F. Thanks for sharing and I hope you keep us updated on your research.

CdT

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Thank you to all that have responded. I really do appreciate it!

a reply to: jacygirl
Thank you for posting these jacygirl, they are quite interesting! The 2nd one is probably too easy to debate but the first and third one are very cool. What time of day did you snap those at? That first one is very unique, really hard to make out if it might be an insect and I'm unsure how dust could move like that. That is anomalous to me, very odd, very cool.

The third one is extremely odd, it almost looks like its the next frame from the 2nd image. Like the balls turned into smoke? Also, it is strange how the 3rd one reflects light, at least it looks like it may. I don't believe smoke is reflective, I'll have to test that out myself. I can see how the third one could be argued as smoke but I trust you, I've seen you around since I started here.
Thank you again for posting! Very cool!

a reply to: YouNeedMe

originally posted by: YouNeedMe
Really hard to tell from the short period it's visible.

I agree. I actually didn't even see it for five or 6 views. I am going to use the full spectrum on wider views for future sessions to be able to see around me better. I also have a gopro so I can switch from two different angles. I did that on my 2nd session video on my channel and I like the look and feel of that over just a static one angle shot. I also made my 2nd video half the time because I feel 7-15 minutes for watching someone trying to communicate to seemingly nothing, is probably about as lengthy as it needs to be.

a reply to: sled735

originally posted by: sled735

If it were dust, there should be more than one dust particle, IMO.

That is one the main reasons I have doubt. Also, I have recorded about five session or more since and I have not captured any movement, I don't think. Like I said in an earlier reply, I actually did not see this one at first, so I may have missed others in later recordings. Thank you Sled!

a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
There's a window in the room - and thus the source of that orb could be many things - other than paranormal. Someone outside with a flashlight and it hits the window, and then maybe something else reflective in the room - just right - to create that effect. Or even headlights from a passing car? Almost as if someone was turning a corner and accelerating speed on the street, maybe?

I agree there are other possibilities. I definitely have not ruled out anything, and I am very glad I received replies from what I consider, seasoned and trusting members. I think that most likely it is a tiny insect. Even though I have not seen any around, some insects can be so tiny one might never notice them around. It hasn't been as profound as a couple of my ITC catches but it is a small part of the evidence I have just a very small bit of doubt as to if it is natural. Thanks again!

edit on 12/20/2014 by mcx1942 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join