It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Classes No Longer Taught Due To Feminist Outrage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
frankly this is a ploy.

for a long time now, the left-wing of the US has been pretty much crippled in it's focus on social-issues and distractions like this.

Every left-winger fighting for these changes is another not standing for a more important change, that which impacts far more than merely gender-roles/issues, but class-issues.

Note: the democratic party is by no means entirely "left wing", it's a big-tent party that tends to attract those to the left of the republican party quite often, and thus is often portrayed as left-wing. In reality you have blue-dogs in the southern united states as well as other areas, as well as mostly neoliberals to the north...

neoliberals are basically in favor of liberal trade-deals, welfare cuts (bill clinton was a prototypical neoliberal, NAFTA, welfare-cuts, deregulation of banks/finance and industry), but also lgbt-rights, feminist causes, etc.

This contrasts with "new-deal liberalism/progressivism/etc.", which is mostly unconcerned with social issues (Lyndon Johnson lost the south when he supported civil-rights, hence why his predecessors didn't really mess with it.)
edit on 18-12-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Wow...

This is exactly as ridiculous as placing a warning on a packet of nuts, that the product contained within may contain traces of nuts.

The fact of the matter is, that if violent crime is a factor in criminal law, then educators are under an obligation to offer specific training for that type of criminal law. Not only are they obligated to do so in order to offer a complete education on criminal law, but furthermore they must do so in order to ensure that newly qualified lawyers and legal representatives have the awareness of the specific issues which can come up during cases of rape, including but not limited to the psychological issues which are bought forth by these things, both for the victims, and indeed for the representatives themselves.

Dealing with victims of crime in an empathic, and compassionate manner is an absolute must, and one can find doing so very hard if one has little to no conception of the effects of these crimes. Therefore, appropriate and comprehensive education on the matter will by definition be somewhat harrowing. However, it has to be said that so would a case of murder, and anyone who had been witness to such a thing, and was forced to be educated in the law surrounding such a circumstance would also be affected. Are we now saying that because murder is gory, horrid, and often evidence of how broken the world has become, professors may no longer pass on the benefit of their knowledge and experience of defending or prosecuting such cases?

If the legal profession is going to have good professional standards, and high levels of education and pre-existing understanding of the issues surrounding the areas of law they are dealing with, then a more practical attitude is going to have to be taken. One cannot become a lawyer whose area of skill lies in criminal law, unless one is prepared to look into the charges and crimes that one will be asked to prosecute, or defend against. This is utterly mad. One cannot learn to be a coroner unless one is prepared to learn how to sift the guts of the dead, and one cannot learn criminal law in a comprehensive fashion, unless one is capable of dealing with the facts of the incident itself, the mental state of the victim, and cope with those things well enough to deal with the legal elements of prosecution or defence, as required by the law and ones position.

Good GOD human beings can be dense!
edit on 18-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Everything these days is either rape or racism.

Welcome to the new world.............where everyone is offended and you MUST care.

No wonder males, in large numbers, are retracting from dating. If I were single, I wouldn't date either.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

I think your comment here is entirely accurate.

I for one have quit the dating game for the moment. Between the fact that nothing that I am is useful or attractive to a modern woman, and this insane skewing of the way men are viewed as a demographic in the western world, I find the entire process of dating to be tantamount to emotional suicide, such is the lack of likelihood of a successful and lasting outcome.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
Sigh... If this was a different kind of site, I'd just toss this in the rant forum... but I can't speak as freely as I like on ATS, so I better not make this into a rant.

Jeannie Suk, who’s been teaching at Harvard Law School since 2006, said campus organizations representing “women’s interests” are advising students not to participate in or even attend class sessions that focus on sexual violence laws because they might be “traumatic.”

“These organizations also ask criminal-law teachers to warn their classes that the rape-law unit might ‘trigger’ traumatic memories,” she wrote in the New Yorker. “Individual students often ask teachers not to include the law of rape on exams for fear that the material would cause them to perform less well.”

“One teacher I know was recently asked by a student not to use the word ‘violate’ in class — as in ‘Does this conduct violate the law?’ — because the word was ‘triggering.’”

Full article here ---> Source

I, an American female, have been arguing with tumbler-type feminists a lot lately, catching them berating random males on the internet simply for commenting on a video or speaking to a female youtuber. These people are unbelievable and disgusting, putting it as lightly as I can. And people wonder why I don't keep female friends...

Meh.

This is wrong as these young lawyers need to know the law in order to put rapists behind bars or defend an innocent person accused. This is like permitting medical students to avoid learning about surgery as "too traumatic,"

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. F&S&

Can't believe this. "Trigger warnings"? ....[speechless]

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Urgh.

Please, do yourself a favor and stay off the SJW Feminist playground known as Tumblr.

Those kids have NO idea what goes on in the world and their outlook is really just contained to there and Jezebell.

These people are insane.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
might as well cancel all the firearms safety classes too. wouldnt want to piss off a gun control enthusiast.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

But now you're lumping all feminists in one sweeping generalization and stereotype. I know many women that identify as feminists who would think this is a joke, and I also know other self identifying feminists that would love to serve in the infantry. Equality means many things....Women should be equal to men under the law...remember that it was only a few short decades ago that we didn't even allow them to vote in the USA. We're still backwards in that regard in many areas.

The 19th ammendment was passed in 1920 so it was 96 years ago not just a few short decades as you stated.

It's all in your view and perspective. In the scheme of things, the earth being billions of years old. 96 years IS a few short decades. It really is.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Between equal rights groups making those of us who are ACTUALLY interested in equality--and not just looking for something to whine about, or some reason to play the victim--this is extremely frustrating and annoying.

I'm tempted to set up anti-protests to some of these protests, with signs like "Your Ignorance Will Kill Your Cause" or "Know the battleground before you fight upon it."

I dunno.... meh.. if it wasn't for ATS, I'd never see the intelligent side of people. I'd have a microscopic amount of care for humanity... don't get me wrong, ATS has its dumbasses, but statistically, you really can't escape idiots in any group.

Hearing my friends bitch and moan about how "annoying" it is to talk about it just twists the knife... thanks for being here, ATS.

DAMN I need to set up an anti-protest.

That would be fun!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Tangential response.
NEVER work tech support.
Your faith'll die screaming.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

If the content presented is facts, it is honestly ridiculous to refrain from teaching rape-related laws. If you don't learn these laws, how do you expect to defend anybody legally? Makes you a terrible lawyer.

Although, the article by itself seems a little anti-feminist, and not a very unbiased review of facts.

However, when it comes to women in the Middle East who are stoned to death after being raped, western feminists are deftly silent.

I don't think this person can make this sort of a conclusion without doing a review of accurate facts. Seems like he/she was quick to generalize on this point.

I also agree and relate to the rest of your post. I find it difficult to keep female friends for a variety of reasons.
edit on 19-12-2014 by marina4 because: Adding an opinion

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: marina4

I'll go on to say that if you can't stand to HEAR the words "rape" or "violate", what makes you think that you could possibly SAY those words while prosecuting or defending a case? You should probably not be taking a criminal law class if certain unlawful actions or words VIOLATES (see what I did there?) your sensitive little feels.

Ugh, I'm a woman and I hate these radfems.
edit on 19-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Umm, I hope you understood that I agreed with OP, all I said was the article linked in the OP seems slightly biased due to the last line, and I wish it wasn't added because it seemed a good review of facts till then.

I'm more of a humanist, since feminism is hijacked by people not sure about what they're fighting for anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Of course, I meant you as in the person who doesn't want to hear these words, not YOU specifically.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Haha, no problem ScientificRailgun!

I must admit I really like your stance on feminism and it's something I personally agree to as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Unfortunately "my" stance on feminism is becoming rarer in this age, but we have keep fighting the good fight if we don't want the divide between men and women to deepen more than it already has.

And you can call me simply "Railgun" is that's easier for ya.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

First off, I know all too well the anger of not being able to say what you really want about radical feminism here. I have had friends that have actually lost their accounts for speaking the truth on this matter. They didn't curse, they didn't really offend (except for the feminists, possibly ones working for ATS), but they were pretty much stalked by a specific MOD (female) and eventually informed me of what had happened. I will speak no names, as I don't want to be associated with them for fear of the same. All I can say, is I respect YOU as a female for speaking the truth and not falling for this feminist diatribe and for not taking the easy way out...rather, for just wanting to be truly equal with men. We need many, many more like you in this world today. I applaud you.

Secondly, I just pay them no mind, (except in forums that won't ban you), because all they do is whine, moan and groan until they get their way. They are creating their own danger for themselves. As they say, what comes around...goes around. They just need to ask themselves...when the next generation of women come around, what will the myriad of angry, fed up, unjustly critiqued men do that were robbed of everything, taken to divorce courts and robbed of their children and everything they owned simply because of a female favoring government trend.....how will this younger generation of men respond. I can tell you how.

Look around at the way women are being treated now..girls on the internet, men not even wanting to get married because they know they have nothing to gain and everything to lose. I don't really have to say a thing. Society is saying it for me, it will only get worse until they stop with this "women are still victims" act. Radical feminists are creating their own personal H3LL for themselves and all women ...and they don't even see it, because they will continue to play the victim, and a victim can never do any wrong in their own eyes. Someone else is always to blame for their mistakes. All they see is the outcome, not the fact that they are creating it, by angering men everywhere...and it's the following generations, indeed, their daughters, that will pick up the broken pieces of radical feminists selfishness. As is said ...."How shall one profit, to gain the whole world, and yet they lose their soul"? I use the term radical here lightly, because good women call themselves humanists, feminists or equalists, but even the radical ones with man hating agenda, just call themselves feminists. They don't think they are radical at all. They just say they are "inspirations" or "trailblazers".

And I do agree with many back there in this post however, I think feminism has been hijacked, and they have put all women under one banner called feminism, but its really as was said by Railgun, radical feminism, giving all women a bad name.

Interestingly enough, anything else in America that is "radical" is considered homeland terrorism, and is quickly taken down by Homeland Security.

That's why I think this radical movement is sponsored by the government for the sole purpose of splitting up men, women and the family...by giving women a more profitable option after they have married a man and that's by divorcing him and taking everything he owns, taking his child, giving her alimony and basically weakening the man to the point of frailty and destitution, so that he will not be able to stand against the government.
Let's face it, when society breaks and there is chaos and fighting in the streets...it will mostly be men that will score the most damage points against the government. The government knows this from history, and if they break the backs of men financially, morally (with all of the sex pushed through all forms of media), and ethically... then you break their will to fight. Feminists will then lay a red carpet for the NWO, for giving them everything from the beginning. Unfortunately, no one will be the friend of the NWO once it's installed...women and men alike will be slaves and enemies. It will be too late then however.

*Final note*
Be it feminists, light-weight feminists, humanists, radical or otherwise, The radicals amongst you are naming you all, and you might as well be the same. Men affected, do not weigh the fine nuances and differences between all of these titles or dogmas...all we see is that women are taking our crap in divorce courts, turning our children into heathens and hateful people, taking all of our jobs because of affirmative action picks (as opposed to actual skill levels) and then using the media to say that none of it's happening. There is only one outcome from a prolonged attack on men, history is rife with it.

I've probably already said too much already....wonder if MY account will be here a week from now lol.
That's Just Great! I think I hear "roaring" coming in my direction.
edit on 19-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join