It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My question is for all people.

It is the first question I ask when I speak of God to anyone.

It is the focal point of the Christian Religion because it separates Christianity from every other religion.

The Crucifixion

What impression does it leave upon you?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

It reinforces the lack of understanding the Pharisee's had...

I find it completely tragic that an innocent man was executed for no reason but fear... and the need for power...

I also find it rather interesting that Christianity tends to focus on this mans death as opposed to what really matters, that being this mans LIFE... Of course Paul will tell you otherwise...

And I find it tragic that HE did not need to die...

I can only wonder what else Jesus might have taught had he lived

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Another question: Why do you think that His death was so unnecessary when He Himself found it to be the most important part of His life?

The Cross cast its shadow over His whole life, He spoke of it often and it was spoken of often by all the prophets an they all found it extremely necessary as well. They looked forward to it like the looked forward to being with God in Heaven, because IT had to happen before the latter could occur.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That people does not know what they do...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Perhaps "unnecessary" was the wrong description...

It was most definitely necessary for his followers to realise that death is not the end...

the way he died was unnecessary...

He could have simply lived out his life, died like anyone else... and returned...

it might not have had the same impact, but his torture was not necessary like Christianity wants you to believe...

Though, to appease a blood thirsty god... I suppose the followers of that god must do what they need to do...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

There is no God but God, He Himself is God.

Do you find it ambiguous when He says 'Before Abraham was, I Am'. ?

He says what He said on Mt. Sinai.

It is not that God is bloodthirsty, but that the animal man is, the blood which the holy man drinks is the Blood of Jesus, spiritual drink that we may live spiritually, and we eat His Flesh, spiritual bread that we may grow spiritually.

Or are you one of those who left when He said 'If you do not eat my flesh or drink my blood you have no life within you'?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

There is no God but God, He Himself is God

I realise that... but there are lower entities that could very well pose as God... Such as whatever was up on the mountain with Moses... Or whatever was in the garden, IF that even happened at all... I highly doubt it did

The same goes for whatever... he/she/it, that inspired the OT... or at least most of it...

Perhaps it was nothing more then men with agendas... perhaps it was one of these lower entities...

that I do not know... but what I do know is that he/she/it... was not, Is not God...

Do you find it ambiguous when He says 'Before Abraham was, I Am'. ?

not at all... HE was not claiming to be God...

He was only saying he existed before this incarnation... of which I have no doubt

He says what He said on Mt. Sinai.

that was not God... it was "an angel of the lord"... which was turned into God a few verses later...

It is not that God is bloodthirsty, but that the animal man is, the blood which the holy man drinks is the Blood of Jesus, spiritual drink that we may live spiritually, and we eat His Flesh, spiritual bread that we may grow spiritually.

Or are you one of those who left when He said 'If you do not eat my flesh or drink my blood you have no life within you'?

That was an analogy he was using to represent the way he lived his life... and what he taught those that would listen.... it was not meant to be literal...

He said "do this in remembrance of me"... He did not say "do this or you will burn"... as if it was a requirement

HE said it is my words that are spirit and life... meaning what he taught... Not his blood as Paul tells you

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

although I feel I should refrain from replying, I will say that your ideas are a stretch. How can you trust anything if you do not even trust God?

You're stretching your conscience to fit your ego.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

To me, "The Crucifixion" represents the contract that we all made when we decided to "cross over" and enter this gravity well of life, here on planet Earth. We all descended from "heaven" in order to die. It's the ride in between birth and death, which is the reason that we came here.

Christianity is wrong, in my opinion, to say that the most important part of their god's , Jesus, life was his death, when their god, supposedly walked among us in his short temporary life. I would cherish the words and teachings of my god, rather than his death, which wasn't all that unique or special, seeing how the Roman's crucified tens of thousands of men, and all men are going to die anyway.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Jesus is like the Reverse Cronos. Instead of Chronos Eating your flesh and drinking your blood It's everyone eating one dude who can feed a 2000 people with 2 fish or something.

I guess he regenerates and people cannabalism on him or something is the Christian view point? lol

As long as God does not cannabalize us, We we cannabalize him. Ontop of that he can be killed have the Apocolypse Post-poned? then Christianity looks very appealing. Donno why people would willing chose to believe in such things but w.e lol

Sounds like some sort of Demonic lol.

edit on 15-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I trust God... and I trust his son...

I Do Not Trust a book written millennia ago... I know its been altered, corrupted... and changed to suit what the church wanted to teach...

I also know what Christianity turns people into... Not all of course, but most...

theres evidence of it all throughout history... and especially in the early years of the church

Jesus warned specifically about it... Know them by their fruits...

What makes you believe the bible is ALL of Gods word, and the quran or the bhagavad gita is not?

Well its either because of what you've been taught... or from experience.. Right?

I've had tons of experience with Christians... and for the most part they follow the bible instead of the man who they call God... which turns them into what I dislike... Elitist, self centered, selfish people... Who love to show others their faith by condemning, and teaching about that which they do not understand... They gather in their churches as a social club... showing everyone that they believe, yet as soon as they walk out the doors they're happy to turn their backs on those in need...

yes my friend, Christians have soured me on Christianity...

And reading the bible and studying it for years has made me realise the truth... the four books are the only things in the good book that is from God... the rest is nothing more then a side show leading up to the main event...

And then Paul twisting what the man taught to get what he wanted... which was a following

Any other questions?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Use you intuition and tell me the significance of Caiaphas compared to Joshua in the chapter below. How does this relate to Jesus (Joshua / Yeshua) as compared to Yahweh. Why did Caiaphas tear his clothing?

Zacheriah 3

3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a] standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.”

Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.

6 The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.

8 “‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

10 “‘In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

Yahweh declared himself Lord God Almighty. What did Jesus say in Revelation about who he was? He said he IS, WAS and is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Adam is the Son of God. Who was Jesus? Who is Yahweh by comparison? Why did Caiaphas tear his clothing?

If you know this mystery, mercy will scream to you. It's a hidden mystery if you know what baptism represents.

Matthew 26:64-65

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, "He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy.

Compare the new robe given to Joshua and the torn robe of Caiaphas. He accused Jesus, yet Yahweh told Satan to shut it! What does the parallel tell you?

Jeshua son of Jozadak served as High Priest ca.515-490 BCE. He was the one chosen for reconstruction of the Jewish temple after the Babylonian captivity. Compare this to Jesus and Jonah, or captivity by Babylon for 2000 years (2 Days), then 1 Day to raise the new temple. Why did Caiaphas tear his robe? Today, Babylon will be destroyed. What significance do the two events have in parallel? What about the veil of the temple being torn?

Compare this to Yahweh, who divided Adam and made Satan as the accuser and adversary of man. Compare this to Jesus vs. Satan in the wilderness. Compare this to the events leading the church out of Babylon. Compare this to the leadership of our day and age as the tyranny over the people.

What lesson is here concerning mercy?

edit on 15-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Thanks for replying with your honest thoughts,

I have come to the understanding, by reading much philosophy and doing as much self reflection and meditation, that it is not His teachings that were as important as His Person.

All other philosophers and prophets of the past leave behind their teachings, Jesus left behind Himself. His teachings point to Him, Who is the Way, Who is the Life, and is the Truth.

We are to pick up our cross and follow Him. Christ is our reward as well as our suffering.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Please don't offer You tube videos... use your own words

did you miss this?

YouTube Is proof of EVERYTHIING

Show everyone you have a brain... and don't get your info from the tube for Gods sake

Sigh

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Youtube can be quite informative.

What do you think about this video?

Or this video? With the *bread* and the *blood* eating/drinking

edit on 15-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I agree it is quite good for entertainment and music...

Sadly that is neither, but to each their own brother...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Yeah i thought they were both pretty funy hahahhahhaa.

Satanists want to distance themselves from Christians but at the same time. They follow pretty similar doctrains.

It's like all the events are there and happening, but in the videos are replaced by Satan. Because they are Satanists lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Which is true actually...

Satanism is nothing more then a mockery of Christianity... Most of them don't actually believe the stuff they talk about... its more like a public statement of their opposition of Christianity

On the other hand there are some Satanists who truly believe in the devil...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Crucifixion is a testimony that testifies of what evil men do(kill and destroy flesh).However what happened to Yahoshua was completely different. Yahoshua was crucifying the “tree”..(the tree of the knowledge of good and evil”…religion) and sowing THE seed of Life(unless a seed die it bears no fruit).That crucifixion was absolutely necessary.

It was not a pagan blood ritual as Christianity mysticism believes where there is “power” in the physical blood.That is absolute perversion.When Yahoshua said unless you drink my blood and eat my body you have no life(spirit) in you he was NOT saying it literally.He said it to separate the wheat from the chaff.The disciples didn’t even know what he meant at the time but they still wouldn’t abandon him at that time.They knew later it was not literal.

Yahoshua told them unless you take up “your” cross daily and follow me you can not be a disciple of mine.That didn’t mean self infliction like the Gnostics came to practice or the “faux repentance “ of a Christian.
He was “stating “ to the disciples ONLY them ....unless you are “dead” to your religion you cannot “hear”(understand) me or the Father.He told the disciples it was “given” to ONLY them to “know” (not believe) the mystery of the kingdom of their heavens(their mind).Yahoshua was delivering them from their religion(Judaism was only the foundational religion).

Until Yahoshua crucified the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil” by dieing on it none could be free from their “religion”.Ironically the religious have deceived themselves that their religion is what frees them from the world of the flesh when the reality is RELIGION is the world of the flesh and blood.

Yahoshua distinctly said eat of MY flesh and blood THE seed…the Son of the creator God.The flesh(religion) profits nothing his words are spirit (life).That doesn’t mean what many believe he “taught”.He only stated Truth to the disciples(and only they understood) and proclaimed Yahoshua to ALL men.

The Truth he stated to the disciples was religion is false and it must be crucified and Yahoshua was the one who could do it.If anyone hears his words they will know he is not teaching a religion or “spiritual” doctrines.He is stating death must come to your religion or you can not “perceive” the creator God the Father at all.

It wasn’t until the last supper that the disciples had even an inkling what he was speaking of and still..they didn’t get it.They all abandoned him then John came back with the three Mary’s….John GOT it.It is why he writes the most detailed accounts of Yahoshua.John had his religion destroyed at the wide gate of destruction and entered the narrow way to the straight gate.He is the 1st one to the grave.

Yahoshua means Yahweh…. the creator God…. is salvation/ deliverance. and of course his “name”(nature and character) was Yahoshua..the deliverer.He WILL(but has not yet) deliver ALL of mankind from Hades(the realm of death and imperception).Religion is imperception of the Truth.A person can not “know” the creator God (spirit) by belief because it is the wide path that leads to destruction.They have to have their “religion” destroyed(crucified) before entering the narrow path and straight gate.

A persons physical death is crucifixion.Everyone will have their flesh crucified and die. Yahoshua crucified religions imperception which for the many are called is after the resurrection. It is the 2nd death in the lake of fire(baptism of the holy spirit).
Crucifixion is not only imperative it is inevitable.ALL of mankind WILL die..in their flesh and to their false religion….thank God.

edit on 15-12-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join