It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Actually I don't have any issue with that concept in the least...

But he also removed the gospels aside from luke... and was a Paul lover...

That's why Im not a fan... and beside's that we don't really know what he actually taught

All have is reconstructions of his work from what would be considered very hostile witnesses

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Justin Martyr wrote about him and his doctrines. And the REASON he rejected the gospels besides Luke is because within them Jesus affirms the OT God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob as the Father. I mean you can't have books of your own Bible where Jesus destroys your entire theology. LOL Marcion was nothing more than a human puppet for demons.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Like I said... hostile witnesses...

And Lukes gospel does the same thing... it speaks of the same figures from the OT...

The reason He kept Lukes gospel was because he was a follower of Paul...

Am I a puppet for demons as well? Considering I also reject that so called god of the OT?

edit on 20-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Am I a puppet for demons as well?

No, you aren't claiming to be a sheep and really are a wolf.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Perhaps...

But I do claim to be the shepherds lowly dog... [cat?]

A shepherd needs a dog to keep his sheep in line

edit on 20-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: backcase

It reinforces the lack of understanding the Pharisee's had...

I find it completely tragic that an innocent man was executed for no reason but fear... and the need for power...

I also find it rather interesting that Christianity tends to focus on this mans death as opposed to what really matters, that being this mans LIFE... Of course Paul will tell you otherwise...

And I find it tragic that HE did not need to die...

I can only wonder what else Jesus might have taught had he lived

Christianity focuses on his death because the religion is stuck in an outer salvation, meaning that people believe the human man, Jesus, is their "savior." Folks, salvation can NOT be accomplished through any outer savior. It must be done from within. Even Master Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is within us all." What does that mean? It means that your own Heart and Consciousness is where Heaven is. Because the Kingdom, therefore God, within us all, there is Salvation.

Master Jesus came here over 2,000 years ago to Teach us the way to the Kingdom by focusing on Love and Faith. Aren't those things come from inside of yourself? He also taught great Wisdom and the Power of God through miracles. What is really inside of you? It is Love, Wisdom, and Power. By focusing on those 3 things, you will automatically raise your own Mind to God's Level eventually, thereby your salvation. Jesus did not come to save you. He came to bring the Kingdom out from inside of you.

Master Jesus did come back to teach more after his resurrection. However, it is more exclusive to his disciples and others whom are closer to him. He no longer was teaching to the general public. These days, You Can become ONE with Master Jesus from your Heart! He will teach you much more powerful things than he ever did. As I said so many times in these forums, Master Jesus is my personal teacher and reflect his teachings to the world. But first, You must go beyond the doctrines of the Christian church and focus on God on a daily basis, 24 hours a day. This will allow you to find the Kingdom of Heaven from within us all.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Could you just give me an example of Paul contradicting the Christ?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit told me the Book is true (protestant cannon). So.. I believe it, because thus far, the Holy Spirit seems to understand well the things of God.

Just saying.. If the Holy Spirit doesn't talk to you then maybe you should ask HIM for HIS opinion?

He keeps talking and talking to me lately.
edit on 20-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

If you had told me even three months ago I would understand in this short time every word Paul wrote as if it was written on my heart somehow, a part of me the same as breathing is, I would have told you that you were nuts.

I think understanding comes from God HIMSELF... so if you really want to understand ... you HAVE to ask HIM!

As a beside, I know I kind of scare you suddenly, and you don't seem to know how to respond or take me, because while you don't agree with me, you think this is at least better than Islam.. lol.. but don't worry. My faith is not on shaky ground. If it was, I wouldn't be talking about any of it at all. Especially not here.

But do consider my words.. I will leave you be now..

edit on 20-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I assure you, you do not scare me... nor do I have any issue responding to you...

Honestly I don't really recall you speaking to me recently...

I just seem to lack patience for Christians these days... especially the "faith alone" crowd

Their love for Paul erks me...

And I don't know what you're talking about islam for...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I understand Paul - which is so weird in and of itself isn't it? I personally cannot get over my understanding of Paul, since I didn't understand just a couple months ago!

The thing about Christianity that people miss the most, is that we do not have to sin. Sin has no power over us at all.. Jesus died on the cross to literally free us from sin.. not just to forgive us our sins so we can get into heaven on a technicality of a magic sentence - but take our sins from us in every sense of the word.

There is something that Paul spoke of, that people don't speak of today that is the key, and pivotal part of everything Jesus and the apostles were talking about. When you understand it, everything comes together so beautifully.. and YES! It is more than just possible! It is the very purpose for the cross.

It is the refining of faith, it is the gold we "purchase" with all our worldly things and sins, it is the very essence of how we can overcome the world through Christ Jesus.

Jesus said Be ye Holy even as I am Holy.. and HE told no lie!

edit on 21-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

Could you just give me an example of Paul contradicting the Christ?

I do apologize.. I will let you back to your thread..

I have been blurting out a lot lately.. its a very difficult thing to contain.. I was taught by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
My question is for all people.

It is the first question I ask when I speak of God to anyone.

The Crucifixion

What impression does it leave upon you?

Beauty... absolute beauty.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I just seem to lack patience for Christians these days... especially the "faith alone" crowd

Well, we still love you regardless. Group hug or nah?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I understand Paul - which is so weird in and of itself isn't it? I personally cannot get over my understanding of Paul, since I didn't understand just a couple months ago!

The thing about Christianity that people miss the most, is that we do not have to sin. Sin has no power over us at all.. Jesus died on the cross to literally free us from sin.. not just to forgive us our sins so we can get into heaven on a technicality of a magic sentence - but take our sins from us in every sense of the word.

There is something that Paul spoke of, that people don't speak of today that is the key, and pivotal part of everything Jesus and the apostles were talking about. When you understand it, everything comes together so beautifully.. and YES! It is more than just possible! It is the very purpose for the cross.

It is the refining of faith, it is the gold we "purchase" with all our worldly things and sins, it is the very essence of how we can overcome the world through Christ Jesus.

Thank you for giving everyone an example as to why I lack patience lately...

How Did Jesus say your sins are forgiven? Think "lords prayer"....

I understand Paul completely, that's why I disagree with him a lot of the time

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Well, we still love you regardless. Group hug or nah?

No need to get mushy... Im not saying I don't love you stilly Christians...

Just wish the majority of you would wake up

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well.. my husband believes that when I talk about it, I use the wrong "words" but the words I use, is how I understand it.. someone else, might use a different word..

The Holy Spirit teaches us all according to how we understand. I learned in the same way Paul did actually, ie: through the Holy Spirit.

Now.. my husband says that at some future point.. when he decides I am teachable.. lol.. (because right now the Holy Spirit is too loud and I am - well who I am with my own distinct personality) But when he decides I am teachable, he says he will teach me.

When we talk, we can be speaking of the exact same thing.. but I cannot understand his word for something because that word to me makes either no difference, or no sense.

One thing is the power of sin over us.. I will describe Jesus as having removed the power of sin over us completely, and my husband will describe it as still being there, just nullified..

to me.. it makes no difference means the same.. to my husband, they do not in fact mean the same, and one way of saying it is wrong.. but the way I say something, is how the Holy Spirit had to describe it to me for me to understand fully.. Had the Holy Spirit ever said still there just nullified, it would have gone right over the top of my head with absolutely zero effect.

Same way with you wanting to point out the Lord's prayer. I understand the concept fully.. but use a different choice of wording, because to me holiness, the ability to walk with God in such a manner as to have very little barrier between myself and HIM, is the same as "no sin" because the things which create the barrier for me, ARE my "sins".. My husband again, would balk at that choice of words.. like yourself.
because for everyone these things which create the barrier are different, and its about walking a path of moderating. Nenothtu's main problem with modern day Christians is probably the same as yours.. they take what is the barrier for themselves, and lack the understanding that for someone else it is going to be a different thing and then suddenly forget the rest and think they are sinless, yet end up more sinful than before..

Well... with Paul learning the same way I did, the Holy Spirit spoke to him the way he "got it" In the end, everyone understands somewhat differently..

which for some of us.. is actually an understandable means of communicating more difficult topics to explain..I do think though, that when the Holy Spirit teaches us, we do actually get the entire concept correctly even if two people taught by the Holy Spirit would explain the same thing in a different manner.

My husband and I being the best example of that, since we were both taught by the Holy Spirit, and would both use different words, at least right now.. (I do assume there are plans in the works to fix somewhat the wording I would use.. however.. lol )

In the end though, the way I would explain, is the way someone else will be able to understand, the way my husband would explain, would be the way someone else entirely would be able to understand. Which is why I am big on the Holy Spirit actually..and telling people to ask God HIMSELF also.... and my husband also agrees with that every time he says.. "once you become teachable.. I will teach you" lol...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

This is incorrect.Yahoshua did not say this he said:

“you therefore shall be perfected, even as your Father who is in the[your] heavens is perfect".

Perfect is translated from the Greek word teleios which means brought to it's end ,finished, matured.This perfect(teleios) is not the same meaning as modern English without flaw.This connects to what he said before.He wasn’t saying BE perfect he said you will “become”(shall be) matured when you do these things(everything he said prior).

Yahoshua said this after the main discourse which is called the sermon on the mound and isn’t.It clearly states the people went after him but he went to the mountains and was speaking only to the disciples.The BUT is the chapter break.

"And great crowds went after him from Galilee and from the Ten Cities and from Jerusalem and from Judaea and from the other side of the Jordan BUT when Yahoshua saw the crowds, he went up into a mountain and when he sat down his disciples came near to him......"

This is the agenda of religion the translators used to form their theology but is not true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join