It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because of these pics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
People know exactly where she livews.Fans are driving by the house taking pouctures & thats an invasion of privacy!!!Even if its Rush Limbaugh, they have the right to privacy!Why is this even considered a story?SHe won't get the 10 million, there will be a settlement,an appology, & hopefully a lesson to other photographers not to do this(Yeah right
)

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ummm... what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
he's started a new topic instead of replying to the barbara streisand topic.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
he's talking about the bull# Streisand thing

and you know what? if she hadn't sued, nobody would know who lived there, they would just know there was a really nice house there, she is the one that created this

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well, I have no idea why you started a new thread but okay then, who's going to be driving by her house? Its my understanding that you can't see her house from a highway and God help you if you try getting a back view with anything else but a plane or chopper. Do maniacs who would give a damn about her have access to planes and chppers? I doubt it. Besides, you never answered my question about NASA's mission or any private GIS photgrammy company that take digital ortho photos including her house in those too. Do we find every map made and just pull Bab's house out?

Plus, isn't this an effort she should get behind considering this erosion problems stands to take her home eventually? How dumb do you have to be to go against one of your supporting organizations trying to stop something thats going to eventually be detrimental to your own good?

Now, if want to keep persuing this as if someone jumped through her bathroom window and snapped a photo of her taking a huge dump, we can but we need to realize there have been no laws broken except by the industry illegally destroying Cali's natural environment. Do you intend to say that what they do should be kept private as well because they own the property they are doing it from? Keep trying. Say anything to defend her. Go ahead. No one's noticing the contradictions. really. they're not.

For anyone whom , like me doesn't understand the new thread and wants the link on the original thread, here it is.

www.californiacoastline.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
he's talking about the bull# Streisand thing

and you know what? if she hadn't sued, nobody would know who lived there, they would just know there was a really nice house there, she is the one that created this

Really, Thanks for injecting some sanity into this. No big sign was on the pic saying "Hey this is Bab's house!!" The whole coastline is photographed and referenced to lat/lon/elev and maybe overlaid with streets but I doubt it from this method of photographing. This would have been a non-issue. make one think she likes her name in the press huh?

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I must have hit the new topic button by mistake,SORRY!

Point is, this sort of things happens to other stars.Not sure why its even news(i doubt once its resolved it won't make the papers because its not as attention grabbing as STREISAND SUES)Frankly, its such a lame story,not sure why a paper even ran with it.

Again, I'm sorry for re-posting & starting a new topic.If the moderators feel they want to remove it,thats fine with me.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I didn't know a paper ran it as a story. I'm in geotechnology and erosion control is a major subject I deal with. If it did run as a news story, I'm sure it was her publicist we can thank for that.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Saw it 1st in the NY Post where she was suing for 50 million, then I read the REAL story where it was actually 10 million.(if you want facts, stay far away from the NY Post)ANyways, lets see if the press will continue to run with it.Only if she is actually awarded the Ten million will it appear in the press again.(& I'm sure there will be those here who will post it at as a topic & foam at the mouth because they are so against her just because she's a liberal!)Again, I can take her or leave her(she's a bitchy diva, but the girl CAN sing!)

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Actually I think its the New York Times you can't trust these days. I didn't foam at the mouth about it, well maybe just a little. Its just so contradictory and hypocritical for her to advocate the environment and then sue to stop a project to impact one of the biggest problems facing her right literally in her backyard. I'm not sure if erosion is part of the enviro folio but its one of the biggest problems we have facing the coastline. Thats where I also can't see their opposition to grasslands and why forests must be planted in their stead. Grasslands are one of the chief deterents of erosion and also filter contaminants out run-off. I was glad to see she did have quite a lot of vegetation planted on the slope leading to the edge. This erosion is a natural process to some extent and while this project may help slow it, nature is at work here and will eventually have her way.

new topics

top topics

join