It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink Up. Good News! PepsiCo says that they will not use aborted fetus parts in their products any l

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Coke probably has access to alien babies for their flavouring.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
well that's a relief.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
well damn.
first they get rid of clear pepsi(the best) and now they ditch the dead babies....
lost me as a customer

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I drink Sierra Mist, because it uses sugar instead of corn syrup, and is supposed to have all-natural ingredients. I never considered that babies are an all-natural ingredient. It's a good that this idea got shot down. :shudder:

Seriously what were they thinking? Maybe they had plans to release it as a new soda - dye it pink and have pictures of baby faces on the label like gerber baby food jars. They could donate part of the sales to breast cancer research. Liberals would be all over that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
honestly though, whats the big deal?
the headline is crap.

the company was testing additives on fetal kidney stem cells.
why? dont know...

i dont see the problem....things need to be tested

an stem cell from an aborted fetus is as good a thing as any to use

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: Lysergic

They never did.

It's important to note that, whether or not Senomyx uses HEK 293 cells in its development efforts, neither Pepsi nor any other U.S. company is actually manufacturing or selling any consumable products that contain material from human fetuses, as CBS News reported in an article about the Senomyx/Pepsi controversy in mid-2011:
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Here's just another, not surprising, example of the "Pro-Life" movement using lies and pseudo science to promote their agenda.

The name of the group promoting these lies? CHILDREN OF GOD FOR LIFE

LOL!

edit on 14-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Nice deception there. Like they ever had fetal parts in any of their products. But hey good way to get people to read your thread and good way for who ever penned this article to gets clicks.
Overall I give it a 10 in the poor taste category and a -1 for editorial content. reply to: MarkJS

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? They never used this and never intended to use it. Go back and read the article once more.a reply to: peskyhumans

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans
C'mon it doesn't get any more natural than babies
..this has been discussed before and its a bit of smoke and mirrors, there are no baby parts in your soda pop.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A real issue with Pepsi for me was their attitude when I had reason to complain about their product.

I opened a can, glugged away and got a mouth-full of slime

I complained, politely but insistently, and got a really derisory amount of money as compensation and no explanation as to how it could have happened or a promise to investigate.

I never bought a Pepsi again and some time after that gave up fizzy drinks altogether. It was one of the best things I ever did for my health - drink water everybody it'll do you good.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It doesn't matter BECAUSE THE INGREDIENT THAT IS CAUSING MORE DAMAGE ie PROCESSED SUGARS ARE STILL THERE!

I still refuse to drink their products.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
All this posting and reading about soda got me thirsty.... Give me a minute while I get a nice cold glass with ice.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think most of you are confused about what dangers that some people find with using flavoring that used unborn children in it's creation. We get that pepsi does not contain human parts. This is a spiritual problem and many of you that do not believe in spirits will not understand. The turn off for many is found in the belief that the spirit of the unborn sacrificed child will be carried on to the flavoring in spirit even if no physical properties are. Even though you may not believe that what some of us know it to be fact. We believe in unseen worlds and processes that interact with our everyday lives please respect our beliefs.

edit on 14-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Hey I have heard about this but did not know they had agreed to stop, so this thread is news to me thank you

Just wondering...I have always been appalled at this story and the ethics of it all. I even found it unbelievable when I first read it some years back. Does anyone here who works in or has studied science know exactly WHY they specifically have to use aborted fetus cells to test for flavour enhancement? I haven't studied science so excuse my potential dumbness but surely others wonder the same.

Basically, how does a scientist come to the conclusion of - "ok, we need to test some flavours and see how we can enhance them. I know - lets seek out some aborted fetus cells!"

Why? How? Where in the name of....!!!! etc etc.

One theory I had is that these 'flavour enhancers' are potentially very, very harmful to us so they test them on fetus cells to see how they would affect our cells. But couldn't they just use donated cells? Or scrape some skin off a volunteer and use those cells? Why aborted babies? And do these would-be-mothers know the fate of their unborns? Did they sign an agreement with the hospital to say yeh Pepsi or any other fat cat corporation can use the contents of my womb to test for flavours in fizzy fecking juice?? I don't believe they did!

Sorry if this is coming across as a rant lol but it is just utterly fecking baffling.

So many violations...

Side-note - I once heard that only two people in the world know the 'secret' recipe to Pepsi and they are not allowed to travel on a plane at the same time in case they both die and the 'secret' is lost with them. Most probably an urban myth but it does make me wonder. What is actually in pepsi and why do they get away with never telling you what you are dinking?

Can you tell I don't drink Coke or Pepsi unless I'm drunk and someone offers me a glass of it with vodlka in??

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

some of us know it to be fact. We believe in unseen worlds and processes that interact with our everyday lives please respect our beliefs.

well, you dont know it for a fact.
you may believe it and thats fine

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
They never did.

It's important to note that, whether or not Senomyx uses HEK 293 cells in its development efforts, neither Pepsi nor any other U.S. company is actually manufacturing or selling any consumable products that contain material from human fetuses, as CBS News reported in an article about the Senomyx/Pepsi controversy in mid-2011:
Read more at www.snopes.com...

'It's important to note that, they use aborted Human fetus body parts in their product's research', whether or not they trick their customers into being unwitting cannibals by consuming aborted fetus parts in their products is an entirely different monster.

The former is a bad enough headline.

edit on 14-12-2014 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: MarkJS

Yet another reason to stick with Coke.
Imitators use babies to create the flavor.

Coke just uses illegal labor and has a history of abuse in the third world countries they are in. ALso Pepsi never put ANYTHING in a CONSUMER LEVEL PRODUCT THAT WAS CONSIDERED HUMAN.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

That's what I want to know, have I drunk human cells lately ? If so a lawsuit is in need.. But forget taking Pepsi to court.

Fun fact: If you've ever consumed a drink or food prepared by another human being, you have consumed their cells. They slough off in the form of dead skin particles and float through the air, fall onto every surface we touch or even stand next to. Unless your food prep is performed by people in hazmat suits in a negative-pressure, sterilized environment, you've eaten, drank, and breathed other humans' cells your entire life. Mmmmmmmm...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The turn off for many is found in the belief that the spirit of the unborn sacrificed child will be carried on to the flavoring in spirit even if no physical properties are.

I would think that by your logic the flavoring would be carried to the "spirit of the unborn sacrificed child"'s kidneys instead, seeing as how the testing was done on cells in order to determine the effect of the chemicals contained in the flavoring on the human kidneys and thus the safety of humans consuming those chemicals, not for the purpose of seeing how awesome "unborn sacrificed child" parts might taste over ice. Sorry, but it's a tad bit difficult to respect beliefs that are based on ignorance paraded around on the internet as "fact".

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

well that's a relief.

I have a deep and abiding love for perfect deadpan delivery. Best comment I've seen all day. That cracked me the hell up...almost made me choke on my Pepsi...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join