It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters march on Washington against police brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I looked around ATS and didnt see it. Whats going on these days guys?

Al Jazeera

Thousands of protesters made their way down iconic Pennsylvania Avenue on Saturday, marching to the Capitol as part of a national "Day of Resistance" aimed at drawing attention to the deaths of unarmed black men at the hands of police and calling for legislative action.

I know protests dont work right? Well there is a lot of police brutality protests going on so lets see how this is played out shall we?

I for one believe in protesting. i think if we keep the momentum going well actually see the executive branch do what its suppose to which is keep the judicial branch of government in check, which its not right now.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

When the government is corrupt there's only one option. Get rid of them.

Protesting does nothing for the same reason shouting at police does nothing.

The very NATURE of a government is suppression, there is no other way to keep power. It's purely Machiavellian, you NEED the power over your people, you need to be able to threaten them and coerce them. If you can't, the second public opinion changes you'd be sent the guillotine.

Politicians and bankers alike will NEVER, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give up their power willingly. So I think this is going to end how it always does. A boot stamping on the face of humanity forever.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Jihad's war against security forces brought to you by inciting racial tensions.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Unfortunatly every single person who attended that protest will now more than likely get bumped near the top of a very long list of people who when the time comes will get a visit from your friendly neighborhood terminator drone.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Youtube Live Feed Query - 'protesters'

-
OBSERVATION: New Yorkers ( 'RT' feed ) appear to be ... Lively?

( and One-Bad-Apple can spoil the Whole-Bunch )

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Jihad's war against security forces brought to you by inciting racial tensions.

At least admit that there is a problem with police brutality in North America.

Must the race card always be played?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

-

Why should anyone click on a Vladimir Putin TV station to watch an American event?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Protests are for people to go get beat by police and pay them for it via taxes. Everybody be hyphy these days, G.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The crowd, carrying signs that read "black lives matter," gathered before the march in Freedom Plaza, where protest organizers and family members of victims of police brutality addressed the crowd.

I thought everyone was saying this wasnt a race issue..........at least everyone that supports the protest.........

Well then why are they chanting this?????

Dont all lives matter? Why are they furthering the racial divide?

If black lives truly matter, why arent they protesting in the ghettos and gang riddled areas where most of the black lives in the US are taken?

Hypocrisy and distraction from the truth.....

edit on 12/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

-

Why should anyone click on a Vladimir Putin TV station to watch an American event?

Seriously? I hope you were being sarcastic.

I get my best news from outside this country. Half of our "news" isn't even mentioned here so they can talk about who has a big butt, or whose life is better than yours [and why], or "won't somebody think of the children".... nothing to see drones, get back to work and buy more McDonalds....

edit on 13-12-2014 by Volund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As long as they have their priorities straight, I think its a good thing to protest, as long as they know that whites get killed too. They should also be protesting about 70% of D.C. RESIDENTS VOTED FOR LEGALIZATION BUT THE REPUBLICANS ARE TRYING TO SHOOT IT DOWN IN THE LAST BILL. Im glad that a small group of people can decide what happens instead of the 70%.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
More than many realize my friend...

NYC

Peace

new topics

top topics

join