It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Silver Containers a Solution for Raw Milk Problems?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

yes i am. i switched from sugar to splenda as part of a dietary change that had me lose 200 lbs, regulate my blood pressure and thyroid, stop my snoring, and almost eradicate all bone/joint pain.

well I am not disagreeing that Sugar is bad.. just pointing out that splenda isnt a healthy alternative, did you read that link?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here is part of your answer.

Copper killed bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella in small doses faster than brass and silver. But silver seems to be better.

Anyways, take a look at the link.

I remember one of my dads friends who is an Indian told me that they use too drop silver coins in the milk to help keep it from spoiling.

Just pasteurizing the milk is not harmful. It is the rest of the milk production process that is, such as : antibiotics, food not adapted to the cows digestive system (anything but grass or green plants).

Off topic:
Did you ever wonder why bulls and oxes are so strong just by eating grass? Seems like their strictly vegetarian diet, pays off quite nicely. Must be the seven stomachs. I love meat btw.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Here is part of your answer.

Copper killed bacteria like E. coli and Salmonella in small doses faster than brass and silver. But silver seems to be better.

Anyways, take a look at the link.

I remember one of my dads friends who is from India told us that they use too drop silver coins in the milk to help keep it from spoiling.

Just pasteurizing the milk is not harmful. It is the rest of the milk production process that is, such as : antibiotics, food not adapted to the cows digestive system (anything but grass or green plants).

Off topic:
Did you ever wonder why bulls and oxes are so strong just by eating grass? Seems like their strictly vegetarian diet, pays off quite nicely. Must be the seven stomachs. I love meat btw.
edit on 13-12-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Did I say not to avoid them? I said no matter what a person does, they'll die in the end regardless of their lifestyle. Of course one will be healthier if they avoid excess sugar and salt, various artificial additives but the body will succumb to old age or illness eventually.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

yea. I was suspicious that it is seemingly difficult to find links to the "groundbreaking study". I liked the bibliography, but fact checking would be difficult. I can say that Splenda causes my wife to have issues with her bladder (its an irritant to some).

Stevia is outstanding. I use erythritol extensively in cooking, because sugar alcohol does a good job of creating that drying out effect that sugar has (making sugar free brownies have the chewy corners that we all love so much). The downside: the drying out effect is repeated in the body. Sugar alcohol draws water out of the intestinal wall, causing cramping and explosive diarrhea. So adding it to my coffee (which I drink a LOT of) won't cut it for me. But erythritol is the only polyol i ingest, outside of an occasional sorbitol found in other foods. The glycemic effect on erythritol is almost zero. Xylitol, another popular polyol, can have a glycemic effect on par with it. Maltitol, commonly used in sugar free candy, actually is worse on glycemic effect than sugar.

For a hilarious read on the downside of over indulging with polyols, check out the Amazon reviews for Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears
edit on 12/13/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

kudos

very much to the point.
I disagree that heating milk has no effect of does not hurt milk.
The reason is because some parts of the milk die in heat.
Both good and bad. That is why precious metals are great instead of heating.
Of coarse drinking milk that is only heated is better than much of the rest of the stuff.
Much of those probotics they sell on shelves come from milk.
They take much out of milk that is good through different PROCESSING.
Similar to what they do with our grains like wheat and such.
That is the problem with food today. PROCESSING
They take out anything of value and then just add partial as required by law.
Just like how they rape sugar and such with bleach.
Bleached products are bad. Seriously bad.
The silver coin trick is great for cooking pots and such too.
Anyhow thanks
edit on 13-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You nailed it. The processing is the problem.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I read sugar sometimes has bone char added to it. Either for coloring or to prevent clumping.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

my favorite heated milk product: dulce de leche.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

that brings back memories. i can't tell you why.
Glad to hear you are winning the health battle now.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think all Dairy in excess quantities are bad, and no one seems to know what is the excess dosage. The reason the sweet little calf grows so fast is because the growth hormone is the same that humans have. But in humans it gets switched off in adulthood. The reason westerners are so much taller than Asians, can be put down to the growth hormones in Dairy products. They used to be the same size before the high dairy consumption. That's ok if your a kid at school, but consuming a growth hormone into adulthood, is asking for trouble. Plus all the heart problems from triglycerides all come from dairy consumption.

I live in a high dairy consumption area, in fact the whole country is just a big dairy farm, the heart disease strokes and hormone related cancers are top of the world, but suggesting dairy is the cause, is just asking for a sh*( storm. The politicians are all farmers. So it doesn't matter what container they put it in, no packaging will make it safe.

So health is our own personal responsibility, if any one thinks "Milk is good for you" its like saying drinking a litre of liquid meat is good for you, because that's what it is, liquid meat designed for bovines.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

First let me state that I have been drinking raw milk and using other raw milk product for about 7 years without any problem and feel it has solved a number of long standing problems I had.

I don't have an opinion about 'silver' for containing milk and have never heard of it as prefered before this post. Cleanliness and good handling proceedures are key throughout the delivery chain. (I'm in LA - my raw milk comes from the Fresno area and I trust them).

Patuerization was designed to allow milk to get to the consumer in big cities without causing disease (from farms of various qualities and questionable transportation pactises).

People get sick from various food items all the time (food poisoning is ubiquitus) and it sounds like the team members that got sick did so because of something in the food and officials say it is the milk and it very well could have been. At a 'home-catered' event - food poisoning happens more often then we want to hear about - but when raw milk is involved we hear about every case. Something to do with Big Agri lobbying (know they have been doing everything they can to shut down raw milk in California for years).

Lots of other 'food products' kill people on a regular basis or contibute to degraded health and there is no clammer to ban them.

I think people have the right to eat what they want and have the right to know what they are eating.

I find this ongoing battle against 'food freedom' and 'small independent farmers' in the name of 'food safety' to be highly disingenuous at best and a danger to public health at worst.

I've yet to hear of a single death from raw milk in the last twenty years in the US. Other countries use raw milk all the time.

Pasturization covers up bad milk and dairy products and practises - it doesn't serve public health.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Very expensive that civet coffee, its about $150 nz a kg. My brother in-law in Java has a chocolate and coffee farm and he has a special house for the luwak animal.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Without sending it out for lab tests, no,I guess not. But, the food industry is heavily regulated, and very heavily audited. This applies to ingredient manufacturers as well. I am positive there is government oversight, and internal and external auditing going on. I believe there are truth in labeling laws that would apply as well.

In this day of deregulation and de-government there are not enough inspectors in any food sector to guarantee that even the governments poor standards are met at any level of food production in the US, let alone what comes in from other countries.

Your delusional if you think that producers, processors or end-users are worried about being catch using sub-standard product.

That's what deregulation is all about...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I agree, the less we process our food the better. Buying whole ingredients and making a meal from scratch, not only does it taste better, it is better for you.

Heating fresh whole milk to kill bacteria is not bad. That is how they use to kill bacteria in hot countries like in India when the milk was a starting to get old. Just like boiling water, raising the temperature of the unwanted bacteria and co.'s "home" they die making it safe for us.

The things I don't like about how milk is produced, is what the cows eat, their living conditions, the medicine they are fed throughout their lives and the added vitamins.

Cream is delicious and is so full of goodness. Today their is still fat in the milk , but it is controlled, it is removed to make other products.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes

They can digest grass. I can't, because I'm an omnivore and not an obligate herbivore.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
The reason is because some parts of the milk die in heat.

Milk is not alive. None of it can die, because it's all dead to begin with.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Pasteurization kills all the bacteria, good and bad in milk. It also kills all the enzymes needed to digest the milk easily.

A simple test:

Put out one cup of raw milk and one of pasteurized milk. Wait.

After a couple of days:

The raw milk will be sour - but still usefull for many things.

The Pasturized milk will be putrid and rotten - you know that bad milk smell.

Pastuerizing milk is harmful to the milk and renders it not-for human or animal consumption.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I know but still amazing that such strength is powered by grass. where is all the protein ? Doesn't it make you wonder, how come such power from.........grass?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam

I know but still amazing that such strength is powered by grass. where is all the protein ? Doesn't it make you wonder, how come such power from.........grass?

They're designed to eat that. I'm not. I'm built to eat cows.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Pasteurization kills all the bacteria, good and bad in milk. It also kills all the enzymes needed to digest the milk easily.

Please tell me you're not one of those people that believe that every food is magically endowed with the enzymes to digest it. You DO know that an enzyme is a protein, and your digestive system will denature it? And how would the poor creature know what sort of enzymes the consuming creature would need?

It's a meme from the crankier side of nutrition memes, to be sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join