It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did-Big-Bang-create-mirror-universe-time-moves-BACKWARDS-New-theory-explain-past-future.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Life forms in a universe running backward would start of dead come to life an get younger everyday .

Well, life is a cycle, so, depending on when and how you look at it, death does bring forth life.....

A universe where time flows backward would be a universe where all thing move toward perfection, as opposed to our time continuum where all thing move toward chaos. Sounds like heaven!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

What does it matter if I believe in the big bang or not?
Last I checked humanity has believed in all sorts of things that turned out to be wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

What does it matter if I believe in the big bang or not?

Last I checked humanity has believed in all sorts of things that turned out to be wrong.

Well science is based on evidence and there is evidence of the BIG BANG.

DENY IGNORANCE

edit on 27-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well if you think of the Big Bank as a 0 point / singularity, then it explodes in the positive and negative direction. There would be a timeline exactly like ours going the opposite direction from the 0 point just like positive and negative numbers, but perhaps with a subtle difference like left and right being swapped.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: circlemaker
Well if you think of the Big Bang as a 0 point / singularity, then it explodes in the positive and negative direction. There would be a timeline exactly like ours going the opposite direction from the 0 point just like positive and negative numbers, but perhaps with a subtle difference like left and right being swapped.

Very good point, I would think there are an infinate number of universes with infinate kinds variations each with thier own reverse time or singularity.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I know what science is based upon thank you very much.
As for denying ignorance, well........
Perhaps you should take your own advice?

And this has exactly what to do with the fact that the "theory" mentioned in the OP is unfalsiable/untestable?
edit on 28-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I know what science is based upon thank you very much.

As for denying ignorance, well........

Perhaps you should take your own advice?

And this has exactly what to do with the fact that the "theory" mentioned in the OP is unfalsiable/untestable?

No it is testable if you use things like math then come up with an expiriment to test the results. Just because its difficult doesnt mean its impossible.

For example they have detected the BIG BANG through testable expirimental results, no reason they shouldnt be able to detect a mirror universe if they try.

I am not the one refuting the BIG BANG which is based on science, expiriments, and math.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Not testable by observation.
And proving things via math continues to lead to running off the reservation with such things like "Dark Matter" and "Dark Energy".
The problem with math, it's limited by fallability of the mathematician.
Junk in, junk out.
A common enough saying in computing circles that is very true.

I am not the one refuting the BIG BANG which is based on science, experiments, and math.

No, you are making massive assumptive leaps.
Where did I say the big bang didn't happen?
I didn't.
Just by the by.

Skepticism, the cornerstone of scientific progress.
Try it sometime.

Though, I'll point out, being skeptical does not necessarily mean you're claiming an idea is untrue.
Not many people seem to understand that.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. -Buddha

I was not there at the beginning, if there even was a beginning.
So thusly I do not know if it happened or not.
Thus my evasive response you took as "refuting" the BIG BANG.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Not testable by observation.

That is the very attitude that gets in the way of scientific progress, how do we observe atoms?

We came up with a scientific method and created the means to observe them.

Of course people throught history would have refuted the existance of atoms and even the ability to ever observe anything at that scale, however through ingenuity a way has been made, and any who still dont believe in atoms would be reminded of splitting them to create atomic force which has since then lived in infamy.

So you cant split atoms, doesnt mean it cant be done. Just need the right tools.

edit on 28-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Nice strawman.
May I have another?

Though I'll point out, what we call "splitting the atom" may not be any "splitting" at all and in no way "proves" the existence of atoms.
Like Nietzsche wisely pointed out:
"There are no facts, only interpretations."

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Nice strawman.

May I have another?

Though I'll point out, what we call "splitting the atom" may not be any "splitting" at all and in no way "proves" the existence of atoms.

Like Nietzsche wisely pointed out:

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

Sure thing heres one video that talks about superposition:

If we take superposition into consideration all is in fact one, it is only due to our perception that anything appears to be anywhere at all. Meaning the BIG BANG and its reverse universe are just considered perceptions of time and space from a non infinate perspective which has everything to do with where we are in space time. In superposition all space and time are considered to be one and the same as in the singularity or BIG BANG.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. -Buddha

Due to my own life observations and analysis I find that the singularity agrees with reason, known as superposition. I believe this information could be conducive to the benefit of the one and all, so I accept it, and am living up to it by writing these words in the here and now.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

if a mirror universe was made at the same time as "the big bang" then as the universe running backwards
came to the point of existing and ours ending ,then wouldn't the just change ie the backward one goes forward
and ours runs backwards

but this is al speculation on my part

also its all i could come up with

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Um.
Not a strawman.
Seems like you've segued into proselytization.

Sure thing heres one video that talks about superposition

Have you seen the source movie?
You'll not see a bigger pile of New Age psuedo-scientific mumbo jumbo.

Due to my own life observations and analysis I find that the singularity agrees with reason, known as superposition.

Doesn't mean much considering we are hardwired for confirmation bias.....
I am refering to Schema Theory.

But, even then, why exactly should I trust your assessment?
I don't mean to be rude.
But you took my skepticism as refutation.
Despite the fact I said nothing close to refutation.
Doesn't make me put much stock in your critical thinking skills.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Um.
Not a strawman.
Seems like you've segued into proselytization.

Sure thing heres one video that talks about superposition

Have you seen the source movie?
You'll not see a bigger pile of New Age psuedo-scientific mumbo jumbo.

Due to my own life observations and analysis I find that the singularity agrees with reason, known as superposition.

Doesn't mean much considering we are hardwired for confirmation bias.....
I am refering to Schema Theory.
But, even then, why exactly should I trust your assessment?
I don't mean to be rude.
But you took my skepticism as refutation.
Despite the fact I said nothing close to refutation.
Doesn't make me put much stock in your critical thinking skills.

Its not about me and my thinking skills, I recomend you start your journey of observation towards perfection with the man in the mirror, and end there too. Leave me out of it. Also if you dont want to be rude then dont be.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Its not about me and my thinking skills,

Considering you're asserting it as fact.
It has everything to do with you and your thinking skills.

I recomend you start your journey of observation towards perfection with the man in the mirror,

Funny thing about "perfection", it's subjective.
I am not convinced perfection is real or attainable.

and end there too.

Oh, so I get to decide when I "get there"?
What if it takes me in a opposite direction than you?

Leave me out of it.

Well, you asserted yourself "into it".
I merely said it was interesting and unfalsiable/untestable.
Neither of which is untrue by your own admission.
You want out now that I no longer amuse I take it?

Also if you dont want to be rude then dont be.

Actually, I could care less if I am being percieved as rude or not.
Honesty is often misunderstood as such so I find no reason to worry about it.
Then there are the benefits of taking offense as a defense mechanism.
The phrase is commonly used as an attempt to say that one is not saying something maliciously, and thus my usage of it.

But to back step a bit.
Am I to take it you accept the scientific community's viewpoint as fact on the subject of the Big Bang?
To the point that expressed skepticism is viewed as refutation none the less.
Yet you don't accept it's viewpoint as fact on the subject of the movie "What The Bleep Do We Know?"?
Rather curious if you ask me.

Also, you misspelled infinite in your signature.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Its not about me and my thinking skills,

Considering you're asserting it as fact.
It has everything to do with you and your thinking skills.

I recomend you start your journey of observation towards perfection with the man in the mirror,

Funny thing about "perfection", it's subjective.
I am not convinced perfection is real or attainable.

and end there too.

Oh, so I get to decide when I "get there"?
What if it takes me in a opposite direction than you?

Leave me out of it.

Well, you asserted yourself "into it".
I merely said it was interesting and unfalsiable/untestable.
Neither of which is untrue by your own admission.
You want out now that I no longer amuse I take it?

Also if you dont want to be rude then dont be.

Actually, I could care less if I am being percieved as rude or not.
Honesty is often misunderstood as such so I find no reason to worry about it.
Then there are the benefits of taking offense as a defense mechanism.
The phrase is commonly used as an attempt to say that one is not saying something maliciously, and thus my usage of it.
But to back step a bit.
Am I to take it you accept the scientific community's viewpoint as fact on the subject of the Big Bang?
To the point that expressed skepticism is viewed as refutation none the less.
Yet you don't accept it's viewpoint as fact on the subject of the movie "What The Bleep Do We Know?"?
Rather curious if you ask me.
Also, you misspelled infinite in your signature.

If you dont care if your being rude then dont say you dont want to be rude, its contrary ya know.

You can believe whatever you want its totally up to you, you can believe in santa clause if you like, doesnt make it/him real. But then again it depends on if your seeing jolly old Santa from the north pole in your minds eye. So believe what is real to you, or disbelieve what you think is false, still doesnt make it so. A blind man may be skeptical of the suns existance doesnt mean it isnt there and he cant feel its warmth LOLZ.

Go ahead and be skeptical of the BIG BANG as well as science and math of quantum physics, or the existance of atoms, just dont tell everyone its not true when evidence is in the contrary to what you choose to be skeptical of, because you believe you wernt there to see the BIG BANG, didnt do the double slit expiriments yourself to understand superposition, didnt do the calculations yourself to prove string theory or M theory, and you dont see atoms with your naked eyes.

One who believes nothing other than what one wants could be considered the very definition of an ignorant person.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

So believe what is real to you, or disbelieve what you think is false, still doesnt make it so.

Exactly.

See what I did there?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So believe what is real to you, or disbelieve what you think is false, still doesnt make it so.

Exactly.

See what I did there?

LOLZ perhaps you dont want to know.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Ah.
So you and your thinking skills don't matter.
Yet your opinion stated as fact of mine does.

Imagine that.

“Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.”
― Karl Popper

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Ah.
So you and your thinking skills don't matter.
Yet your opinion stated as fact of mine does.
Imagine that.

“Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.”

― Karl Popper

Your the one stating you are skeptical of the BIG BANG and ATOMS. You made those claims not me, but like I said if you want to believe the earth is flat and 1+1= 7 go ahead it still doenst make it so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join