It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild horses to be sold and slaughtered!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Mmm mmm!!!

I'm so hungry I could eat a horse! Annoying vegans be quiet or I'll eat you too.
Something smells horsetastic

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Oh thats nothing. They didn't show you the gory pictures. I might have a few. I guess some prefer to belive their steak came from a tree and not something walking around.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yes, I have a lot of ideas. They mainly stem from living in a farm area...as apparently you do not.

First, people (and I mean us) eat frogs, snakes, and if you're in Louisiana, rats....so your argument does not hold up there. Hell, one of the biggest annual snake hunts and feeds is close by me. Yes, plenty of people eat frog-legs...and you should check into what nutria is...Don Purdomme knows.

This isn't a matter of a question of whether if my children were starving what would I eat. No one has brought up that the horses are to be slaughtered for the sake of starving children. I believe it would be a logical deduction that they are being slaughtered for commerce.

And here is where you show your inexperience concerning animals...we would most definitely not want to raise horses versus cows for food based on their grazing behavior out of consideration of other species. No, the way things are is absolutely perfect. You can put approximately 10 head of cattle on an acre of land and not adversely affect the ecology in an intolerable way. You can put approximately 1 horse an acre of land and still adversely effect the ecology. It has to do with their eating habits. A cow will eat the "tops" of natural food available and effect nothing below that. A horse will "hoof" the foliage up and decimate the land and anything dependent on it. So we don't eat (that should be read "raise in mass production") species based on its ecological negative impact...thank Gawd. Sometimes people just need to learn the ends and outs of things.

And look at the beauty. The beauty tends to lead them in the right direction. Even if each of us have a different sense of beauty. Luckily, so far, there's enough of us thinking a horse is beautiful enough not to mass produce that we haven't caused another dust-bowl.

that's all.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What annoying vegans? was that designed to shock and upset folk?
do you have anything constructive to say or are you just a troll?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Man it was hard to read all those posts before answering. This is, I think, the first time I will get to talk to you all about something strictly Indian. As in Native. As a Tribal Policeman, I used to care for these animals in Nevada. We build corrals from willows, like a big basket work, to gentle them in. I would trim their hoofs, feed them, and heal them. We ride them barebacked, with a bridle and bit made entirely of rope. They are holy to us. They are native here, they spread out to the rest of the world before Yellowstone Supervolcanoe went off last time. We call them medicine dogs, used to keep their fossil bones in our medicine bundles. Our prophecies said The True White Brother would bring them back from The Other World. And you guys did. And we are really in awe, and grateful. Because I myself have never had a better friend in this world than one of these wild ponies. They love you. You- in particular. They are incredibly smart. I have had them save my life. You don't even need to fence them in once they get to know you. I had a mare, she'd jump my old fence and run down the road 'to get taken care of' by the valley's nearest stud. Then she'd come back and jump the fence and whinney for rolled cob. Unbelievable. They belong here. They are a Nation.

They need protection. We call them Ancient Ones.

You can see some incredible aerial photography of them in the old Billy Jack movies. I'm your hardnosed helicopter pilot, and I still cry when I see them run. I'm crying right now.

You know, I can't say anything more. I am going to go outside and smoke tobacco. This has really upset me again. These horses belong to this land, not the government. The land belongs to itself, not to any human or institution. We Indians are caretakers of it, just helpers to all the living beings, and to hear the arrogance of anyone who would harm these innocent creatures in the name of property or profit just makes me cry.

I love you guys here at ATS. Really I do. All of you. And I pray to the Great Creator daily for all of you, and these horses. Thanks for posting this.

Man I hope you can hear this. Chakotay out.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
Oh thats nothing. They didn't show you the gory pictures. I might have a few. I guess some prefer to belive their steak came from a tree and not something walking around.

Gory schmory. I want my horsey.

Italian horsey.
Japanese horsey
American horsey too

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dear Chakotay,

Thank you for your prayers. Thank you that they come in the midst of sorrow over this news. Thank you for being a good steward. And thank you for explaining what I mean by "beauty". You were able to say what I only could feel.

Thank you.

You are my friend. And I am glad that horses that are your friends have found you.

I look forward to visiting with you more.

Love from Indian Territory - Oklahoma.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes, I have a lot of ideas. They mainly stem from living in a farm area...as apparently you do not.

I grew up on a farm.

First, people (and I mean us) eat frogs, snakes, and if you're in Louisiana, rats....so your argument does not hold up there

We do not mass produce them commercially for human consumption was my point, dont twist my meaning please.

Hell, one of the biggest annual snake hunts and feeds is close by me.

Boy that makes me happy (NOT) please explain further this barbarism.

This isn't a matter of a question of whether if my children were starving what would I eat. No one has brought up that the horses are to be slaughtered for the sake of starving children. I believe it would be a logical deduction that they are being slaughtered for commerce

yes, thats my point. Its commerce, same as cattle.

And here is where you show your inexperience concerning animals...we would most definitely not want to raise horses versus cows for food based on their grazing behavior out of consideration of other species. No, the way things are is absolutely perfect. You can put approximately 10 head of cattle on an acre of land and not adversely affect the ecology in an intolerable way. You can put approximately 1 horse an acre of land and still adversely effect the ecology. It has to do with their eating habits. A cow will eat the "tops" of natural food available and effect nothing below that. A horse will "hoof" the foliage up and decimate the land and anything dependent on it. So we don't eat (that should be read "raise in mass production") species based on its ecological negative impact...thank Gawd. Sometimes people just need to learn the ends and outs of things.

I think you find plenty of folk who would disagree with that. Hooves damage land regardless of behaviour. Thankgod we dont raise in mass production species geared for negative ecological impact? We do. I think we should be using those geared for positive or very little eco impact. [this does not include cattle and sheep) Explain please why that is a bad idea, apart from the fact that you dont eat this or that? Surely the enviroment is a critical factor in how we manage? Ive seen plenty of dust bowls here in Oz due to cattle. Infact ive never seen nice green lawn anywhere there are cattle.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Because, you would have to increase the number of the species.

That should be clear.

You would have to feed more in order to prevent the negative land impact.

That should be clear.

And no, all hooves do not damage the land. This is a desparate anti-meat sentiment or something.

Yes, this slaughter of horses is for commerce. That is my opposition...in entirety. Horses are for loving and pleasure and appreciation.

There are others God has given for consumption. And we should be grateful each time we partake.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Look. I never said they were not pretty. Never said I hate em. I don't want them. I explained why. Ya know. Go look it up.........no don't on second thought. Whatever. You would pass out if you saw how many horses are raised for food and how many are slaughtered here. The biggest rendering plant I know in the U.S. renders about 1500 a day. Oh about 60% are riders. PETS people got rid of.

Just don't whine about it. DO SOMETHING. Adopt em. Heck you borrow may trailer to pull em home. I don't care what happens to them so It is up to the few that do.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Because, you would have to increase the number of the species.

Please explain oh wise one.??? whats the problem? dont patronise me, state facts not assumptions.

You would have to feed more in order to prevent the negative land impact

again, please explain.

And no, all hooves do not damage the land. This is a desparate anti-meat sentiment or something

Indeed they do, you have obviously never been to rural australia. I have no anti meat sentiment at all.

Yes, this slaughter of horses is for commerce. That is my opposition...in entirety. Horses are for loving and pleasure and appreciation.

There are others God has given for consumption. And we should be grateful each time we partake.

Who says they are for loving pleasure etc? If your going to god bash read your own bible , it dosent say eat these but not these because i hath made them pretty.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
So what do you want to eat?

asparagus?

carrots?

tators?

idiots?

be careful which one you pick.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Incidently nice post Chakota, I agree with your sentiments, I love animals unconditionally. I just dont agree with choice based on emotion over one species or another for food. If your going to eat any living feeling being,
why be biased? Yes I love horses too, I also think they are pretty wonderful creatures, but no more wonderful than a cow, chicken, goat, snake etc.
Not one of you, or I, can make an animal. There are complex and incredible part of creation, each an every species, and mindless, subjective emotional predjustice should stay at home, it has no place in the issue of selection for food.
My intrest in minimising enviromental impact of rasing animals for food on the land. Hooves Do damage land, no ifs or buts about it. Anywhere you have hundreds or thousands together you will see dustbowls. Ask Chakota about the migration of buffalo, yes they damage the land. Difference is that wild animals move, not in one place constantly, hence wild hooved animals do little damage. But concentrations of hooved animals enmass in any place damage land and destroy food resources of other species. Its fact.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok val, you win. I will sell you every horse I can find that will be slaughtered. It will take some money. Its a well over billion dollar a year industry in the U.S. alone. Most horses are slaughtered. Thats just the way it is.

But hey, If you can figure out how to stop a billion dollar a year business and keep the people you just put out of a job happy. I will follow you anywhere. You would be the business person of the country if not the world. Next stop President Val

I respect you views. Its fine. I just don't share them on this issue anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
So what do you want to eat?

asparagus?

carrots?

tators?

idiots?

be careful which one you pick.

Valhall i expect more from you than resorting to silliness. I did not say i dont eat meat or have a problem with anyone else eating meat. Argue intelligently with facts and information rather than silliness or not at all.
Incedently I dont agree with consumption of horses either, not because they are pretty, but because mass farming of hooved species damages the enviroment.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by instar]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Mmm potatoes for me please!
Uhm, anyway, I aint gunna eat any animals, but I can say that horses are very special animals. Mind you, I am a kitty person through and through.

But my mom, she's a loony for horses, so I grew up around them. Anyway, for the past 30 years she has worked with horses as a method of therapy for disabled people (mostly children) and emotionally disturbed inner city youth.

These horses have it pretty good. You can tell they LOVE what they do. They behave differently to the special needs people than to the more able bodied. They are very intuitive creatures, and its amazing how much an animal can do in service to man. My mom sticks with this work because it makes her feel very good to see how much joy the kids get out of working with the horses.
Its rather impressive that there is an animal that can help a crippled person experience running and jumping and all of the things for people that technology or medicine just cannot duplicate..
Hmm sorry to ramble, just stating why even a "whiney vegan" can see someone like Valhall's p.o.v. Horses seem to be sacred animals to many people.

I guess I just think that the wild horses should be free to run. Kinda one of those miracles of nature, if you know what I mean...thats just me, no fancy links or anything.

Chakotay- I will send my ma the links you posted.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Horses seem to be sacred animals to many people.

My point exactly Duh squared, in india cows are sacred. Its all subjective!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet but, I have read that there are nations in atleast Europe, that I know of, that have decided to use horse as a food source in responce to the outbreak of madcow disease. Ofcourse not being from there I give no certainty of on this matter. But do you honestly realize how many animal species are 'slaughtered' for consumption? I guess I can understand how this can anger some people who have an emotional attachment to certain animals, but really. Listen, in light of current events I'm sorry but this most definately ranks low on my priorities list. But I do find it moronic to favor certain animals over others. Especially if one just precieves it to be 'cute' or something.

btw if you were wondering: No... I am not a hunter, nor do i believe in the killing of animals for sport. Yes I have had many pets in my life and have enjoyed the company of each;

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Cows, as all animals, are sacred to me. I even want the critters like the one in your avatar to be free and happy...and Dude, your avatar may cause me nightmares!

I agree with all you have said in this thread anyhow instar, you seem very level-headed to me...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Horses love what they do?????????? huh? Guess you haven't "BROKE" one yet. Oh they just LOVE that. Just so they can LOVE you riding them. Hmm maybe broke horses should be used in a Rodeo. Wont be as fun but hey. They love it. Just so they can LOVE you riding them.

They love it? LMAO

Oh man, animal beaten into submission now loves it. HAHAH ok im with ya. Beat till they love you. ok ok ok.

Folks I introduce to you, The Horse Whisperer or is it whipper.

[edit on 12/13/2004 by just_a_pilot]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join